ok so who wants to get pregnant in 2011? (closed group)

Happy 24 weeks babyhopes!

Glad you enjoyed your shower and got such lovely presents flying!

I will only be having my shower beginning of October at around 33 weeks. I have various other issues with baby showers because of various things that happened last year which is why i won't have it earlier (don't want to explain those issues). So I still have quite a wait ahead of me!

Sarah, hope the next few days fly by for you.
Sheryl, also hope the next few days fly by for you too so you can finally get to see bubs on wed!

Sorry if i missed anyone.

Huggles you'll be at 33 weeks before you know it! :hugs:

I wont be having a baby shower this time round. I didn't have one last time either. We got bought a few big things by our parents and because we stayed team yellow, everyone wanted to get us gifts of the girly/boy variety... so we were showered with gifts when Lottie arrived, in exchange for baby cuddles of course :haha:

xxx

Huggles, I think 33+ weeks is a much more common time for showers anyway. Anywhere between 30 and 35 weeks would suit me best if I had my choice. But we'll see.

hi everyone!

flying love that your mum made something so special for you, it looks so cute and I agree purple can be boyish and I dont like the whole colour thing too. my boy may end up liking pink, who knows :haha::baby:

NY lol love your invention, you should go on shark tank tv show and get investors!! my message guy was saying he was going to buy one of those things with a hole so he is probably going to wait till I get pregnant....I go every week so Im a great client!!!

well another bfn for me and my temps are so bad like a rollercoaster. I have decided Im out so makes the next few days a little easier....I hate that 'what if'....I had that more last month as my temps stayed quite high. Im fine about it, I do feel that clomid will speed up my chances seeing as I respond quite well....will be interesting to see how I react month 2.

went to see bridesmaids movie yesterday, was really funny! then watch black swan at home....weird movie but nicely filmed.

Huggles, i second what mummy said.. xx you will be at 33 weeks soon, and you will have your shower xx i think it is upto individuals, im having this one on monday because most of the family go on holiday afterward, but my proper shower (not traditional indian) will be later on.. not nowxx

sarah, sorry you got a BFN, i understand your need to not want to wait and hope , but i hope the next cycle brings you luck, and that you end up conceiving in vegas !!xx

Sorry for the bfn sarah! It will have to happen soon I just know it. I saw black swan in new york and decided I was glad to see it, but didn't want to see it again.

Flying- adorable bassinet. Is that what will be in your room for a bit, then the crib is in baby's room? I cant decide how i'll arrange sleeping yet. I could just start with the crib right away since its in our room anyways. But may do a bassinet out in the living room in case it falls asleep out there! Love the purple....so cute:)

Huggles- my shower wont be until im like 35/36 weeks. Very late! I like it that way though so I have lots of time to set house up for the stuff we acquire.

Love my blue paint in the bedroom, thats a shocker. Lol.

OFf to dazzle my daughter in her red white and blue for our festivities today. We decorated a very red white blue cake this morning. Lol. Not sure it will be so fun to eat as all our mouths turn colors (didnt really think of that) but Ella enjoyed making it look like fireworks. We will put little sparklers on it when we serve it so that will be neat! I will take bump pics today as my late 24 weeks, and of our fourth of july celebrations.

Have a lovely day everyone.

ny; yup the bassinet is coming into our room and will be beside the bed (on my side) where a small cupboard is right now (will have to find somewhere for the cupboard, but I'm sure we will... lol!) so bub can be right by our bed. There's no room for the cot in our room, and it's already set up in the nursery anyway!!

I intend to wear the baby a fair bit in a wrap, so if it falls asleep elsewhere it's just as likely to be in a wrap with me so it can just stay there and sleep! lol. The bassinet is just for night time really; when we'll be right there beside it in bed too. :)

I am still back and forth on whether I want to baby wear.

I just got home from shopping with MIL. The intent of the trip was for her to buy me something to wear to the wedding Saturday. However, I got there way before her and walked around JcPenney. I was so disappointed in the selection there for maternity dresses (and clothes in general) that I went down to Bealls and ended up at Motherhood in tears. Ahh hormones. Luckily they weren't very busy there. The cashier asked me if I needed help and I explained to her that I was really disappointed in the selection at the mall and I needed a cocktail dress for a wedding and wasn't sure what that would look like and I was tired and needed to sit down. She was extremely understanding, gave me a belly bar and told me to wait in the dressing room and she would bring me some options. So I sat in the dressing room having my fit for a minute and then came out and she was looking for dresses for me. The first thing she picked out I thought I would look good in but it made me look like a football player in the shoulders b/c it was so poofy. The other 2 dresses were much better. I ended up getting a really cute black and off-white dress for $40. Then I stashed it in the car before MIL saw it. MIL finally got to the mall while I was sitting in the car, my back already hurting from walking around too long. I tried on one of the dresses and explained that the material was wrinkling like crazy and ended up getting 2 tops that were a total of $25 on sale. Then of course she had a $10 off $25 coupon too. Have I mentioned my MIL is very very cheap? LOL. I never told her about the dress I bought before and almost returned it on my way home in anticipation of an argument with DH when he saw the credit card bill. But I brought home Whataburger and told him about my day and he didn't even ask how much the dress was. :)

Dress Picture

Ny, glad you like the colour! What a nice surprise!

Sarah, sorry you're feeling out, though you aren't yet you know. But even if this isn't your cycle, Vegas will be so much fun!

Sheryl, what a day you had! I'm glad you found a dress even if it was exhausting and emotional. I'm sure the sales lady is used to hormonal pregnant women crying in the store. I've always gotten frustrated shopping for clothes at the best of times so I'm dreading maternity clothes shopping.

Amy, I love the bassinet - very cute.

I think I've decided not to get a bassinet or cradle and am thinking of getting a hammock for bubs for the first few months. Not totally decided but leaning towards it. Though I'm undecided if the baby will sleep in our room at first or not. With an adjoining door between our room and he nursery (I sleep on the side right next to the door) it'll almost be like sleeping in our room but hopefully a little easier for DH's sleep to not be interrupted as much. Probably something we'll have to play by ear when the baby is here though.

sheryl LOVE the dress! I want one for when I get pregnant! what a reasonable price too.

I thought it was a pretty good price. I wish it had been on sale since so much other stuff was but I guess they know if you have a certain occasion you aren't shopping for the sale. I think that is one thing I need to make sure I keep for #2 b/c it has been my most expensive clothes purchase in a long time.

Nice dress sheryl and glad the lady at mothercare was so lovely and helpful and caring.
btw - what is a belly bar?

hi everyone!
another low temp and a bfn for me, so waiting for period due thursday. I phoned the clinic to ask if I still need to get the blood test as I think I have to before starting another cycle. I also asked if my Day 1 is Thursday do they do Day 3 testing on Saturday or would it be Friday or Monday.
will book our flights to vegas on thursday too so something to look forward to!
hope everyone has a great day :flower:

sorry for the low temps and bfn's sarah :hugs:

hooray for vegas though! :headspin: :drunk: :juggle: :fool:

https://www.nutrabella.com/

On the Belly Bar package it says it's meant to complement prenatal vitamins and supports baby's healthy brain function, health for mom and baby and enhanced immune function. It's kind of like a granola bar. The flavor she gave me was Berry Nutty Cravings.

It is good. I can't believe the lady just gave me one. They are over $2 each bar.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leoniee
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->