ok so who wants to get pregnant in 2011? (closed group)

i'm wondering if it maybe only plays on macs? That's why i asked what sheryl was using, so i'm interested to hear that you (sarah) are on a mac. Cos it won't work for me on windows (pc).

I am on windows. I haven't tried in internet explorer though. I run google chrome now.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0vLkFt6Xoz4

Here is the first part on youtube.

Sarah, I think your reasoning to go for IUI makes sense...
clomid + IUI = good combination --> BFP :thumbup:
Cost: IUI <<< IVF
Will be awesome to have BFP before your birthday!!!

Good luck and thanks so much for your prayers for me :hugs:

Here are my predictions:

Mummy and Flying will have same gender baby :happydance: most probably girl (although I want a boy for Mummy since she already has a girl)
NDH will have a boy :happydance:

Can't wait to see who wins :winkwink:

I am trying to upload the entire scan on youtube. Hopefully it won't error b/c it's longer than they say is allowed.

Mummy, felt I was missing important info on your scan so went to read your pregnancy journal. I am really glad that finally everything showed well in the scan...no one wants that kind of scare :hugs: I also saw your bump pics, it's beautiful and dear Lottie is gorgeous in all the pics :kiss: My friend who is pregnant with her second baby girl also had slightly tough time shifting her 3 year old daughter from her old room and crib to new room and big bed...her daughter loves me and used to tell me 'I don't want a big bed, I want to sleep in my small bed' luckily that time me and DH were also buying a new bigger/king size bed so I kept telling her how excited I was to sleep on my new bed to influence her. finally, one night after we had dinner at their place, me and my friend helped her sleep on her new bed....the trick was to let her put all her stuffed toys on the bed so she felt she is not alone and all her friends could now sleep with her in the same bed. We took few pictures too of her first time ever sleeping in new bed...she is so cute :)

Thank you sweetheart!! :cloud9: and you are so lovely to help your friend's daughter like that! What a fab Mum you'll make!!! :hugs:

Sheryl, I could access your last link in the post where you put up the links (I've not watched it yet as my internet is VERY slow and it's bufferring at the moment!) :haha: But looking forward to seeing it all!

Sarah.. I think IUI is a fab move and I think you shoudl keep on posting and telling us what's going on with you! I have very little to say on baby related stuff.... as I have nothing to buy and my main points to write about are what Lottie's up to as I'm so busy with her I often forget I'm pregnant!

Except when baby kicks me. Preethi... we're about the same in gestation... and I wanted to tell you that I don't ALWAYS feel baby... but if I drink a cold glass of water and lie flat on my back that generally gets a kick out of baby! It could be that your little lady is being an angel child and not beating her Mummy up yet... or... she could be kicking, but into your back or bladder and perhaps you don't feel those as those are hard to pick up! :hugs:

Just ignore people that bug you babe! Tell them you don't need their pity! :D We know she's growing perfectly from your scans and before long she'll be battering you awake at 11pm when you're trying desperately to sleep :haha:

YEY for the gender guess! :D Thanks Dew for suggesting that! :D
I'm going to stick my neck out and say I think I'll be team :blue:
Flying :blue: and NDH :pink:

Someone is bound to be right! :haha:

Sheryl...this link is the one that works for me... https://dl.dropbox.com/u/27563675/sbehr.m4v

But it's still loading! (Like I said... really really rubbish internet!)

That is on the sonogram company's account. That's why I have a second where I copied it to mine so it won't be deleted. The youtube is probably a good idea anyway now that I can do it.

Oh! And I will be able to watch it on my android cell phone whenever i want.

hahaha, everyone thinks I'm having a boy (except Dew, and that's only a possible...!) but here I am, still, thinking it's a girl! lol!
Mummy and NDH, I think you'll both have boys... heh.

The companys version of the sonogram worked fine for me on a PC (ie windows, using google chrome....) but youtube probably is easier!!! lol.

Sarah, IUI is excting! Don't worry about rambling on about it, I love hearing about it all!!! It's sorta neat still keeping in touch with the TTC aspect still too; reminds me not to take advantage of being preg already! (Not that I think I do... but ya know?)

Preethi; ignore those guys throwing pity parties! I think that's rather horrible really... but anyway, they probably mean well and don't want to upset you!!! I read a blog the other day about a women who didn't really feel anything either, but when she balanced the tv remote control on her belly; it was getting wobbled about at times by kicks she wasn't feeling! So don't forget to *watch* your belly as well as feel it; it might just be the placenta is blocking the *feeling*!!!

26 weeks today! :)

Sheryl... I can't believe the guy has 6 kids! Hubby and I went :shock: wow.. he does like to get 'busy' all the time! :haha:

What a lovely experience for you, hubby and family!!

Flying... Most of us could be very wrong... Mummy's intuition is usually right! :thumbup:

Did you catch the part about how with their last baby she ovulated like 6 days early so they had a girl? LOL. Thought that was great. I'm sure most people don't read up on timing intercourse but we had a discussion about it in front of my family and in-laws.

sheryl, cute video.. :cloud9:

mummy, you are so cute trying to make me feel better about the kicks, i know we are same in gestation i thought i saw belly move last night actually but i just dont want to admit it incase i felt like i was seeing things !! :kiss:

Happy 26 weeks flying :woohoo: only one more week to third tri, cant believe time is flying by..thanks for the advice, im sure its the placenta or my hard abdominal muscles as my doctor says..

sarah, i cant wait for you to start IUI either !! and ou can go on rambling about it because it is interesting and we all just want you to get pregnant.

FX'D for you and dew... dew hope youre temps stay up...

hope everyones doing well, dh and me just did some shopping today, bought a bath tub set and box for storing baby bath stuff, and all the bedding stuff, bumper, quilt etc.. we also got the rug for underneath the dresser and a few other things.. i dont want to unwrap everything now as theyre all in bags and i still feel its too early to open them all, but they are matching to my bear collection bed set so i will taker pics in a couple of months when i set it all up !

Aren't you glad that you have had scans to tell you about your placenta though? You would have been a lot more stressed out if you didn't know that.

Did you catch the part about how with their last baby she ovulated like 6 days early so they had a girl? LOL. Thought that was great. I'm sure most people don't read up on timing intercourse but we had a discussion about it in front of my family and in-laws.

Oh yeah, I heard that... he said God had other plans for him and Wife ovulated early :rofl: bless him! I was amazed how open you were... cos I'm not sure I could have even mentioned the word intercourse in front of my MIL... she obviously knows how babies are made :haha: but still... it was lovely to hear you and your family so open about it all! :D

mummy, you are so cute trying to make me feel better about the kicks, i know we are same in gestation i thought i saw belly move last night actually but i just dont want to admit it incase i felt like i was seeing things !! :kiss:

hope everyones doing well, dh and me just did some shopping today, bought a bath tub set and box for storing baby bath stuff, and all the bedding stuff, bumper, quilt etc.. we also got the rug for underneath the dresser and a few other things.. i dont want to unwrap everything now as theyre all in bags and i still feel its too early to open them all, but they are matching to my bear collection bed set so i will taker pics in a couple of months when i set it all up !

:kiss: you're welcome sweetie pie!! you should try the cold water and lie on back thing.. :D Or get in the bath and gather some water in a jug/glass and pour it over your tummy! :haha: that always works for me!

Fab for the buying more stuff! Yey!! :yipee: looking forward to seeing the pics! xxx

I consider myself lucky that I didn't say something ridiculously stupid. Though MIL wasn't in my line of sight at the time so I didn't think about it.

sheryl, problem is my doc does not believe it is the placenta. whenever i mention that the movement issue could be due to the placenta she disagrees, she said its normal and she has patients who havent felt anything at 25 26 weeks.. she said something about tough abdominal muscles and it being my first baby.. and she said that baby is active on scan so nothing to worry about.., thats why im saying that its these scans that keep me sane. atleast i know it is active in there even if i cant feel it..

it just gets annoying when people try to rub it in or pity you all the time you know..

thanks mummy, i will try the cold drink thing and i have.. with ice cold coke etc but no luck.. maybe very very very vague tiny fluttering but nothing close to a kick.. the odd fluttering i probably feel once in 10 days or something.. its the loud HB on doppler that makes me feel better too ! :hugs:

:rofl: @ Sheryl! :)

Preethi... you know little one is fine and you're right... that's all that matters! :hugs:

I can't wait to get on the computer and watch your video Sheryl (just on my iPod half the time as my laptop is acting up but DH just got a new computer so I can finally have my Mac back after 3 years... Lol.

Preethi, don't worry about what everyone says - I reckon pregnancy is like a baby's development and it's different for everyone. You'll always find women whose babies roll over or crawl or stand before others and they try to make you feel bad that yours hasn't yet. But all my Reading has said it's perfectly normal, especially for a first timer, not to feel anything until at least 24 weeks or more. Usually it's because the mom simply does t recognise what she's feeling (and as you've mentioned thinking you've felt "something" a couple of times, that could possibly be the case for you, and you're just being very good about not getting your hopes up if it isn't). But the. There are also women who didn't know they were pregnant until they gave birth, and I've known a couple of seasoned moms who went into labour with a surprise baby - and if they'd felt kicks it certainly wouldn't have been a surprise. So I'd say that means it can happen that occasionally you can feel nothing...

But I do hope your little lady makes herself known when she's good and ready :)

Sarah, glad you convinced hubby about the IUI. Since you're on a mission to have a baby before you're 40 I definitely think it can't hurt. And the more tries you have with IUI (though I hope you only need one) then the less chance you'll need IVF.

Dew, I hope you don't need to try IUI because you get pregnant in the next three months, but I think it's good to have a timeline of when you'll get IUI to keep yourself positive. And often it seems just having a backup plan means it never gets needed.

Hmm I can't remember any other specific things I was going to mention. Is anyone keeping a record of everyone's guesses? I think it's a fun idea and it'll be interesting to see if anyone is right for all three.

I'm obviously saying :blue: for myself (though lately have been second guessing that. Not because I've been getting girl vibes but because I found out my mom was also dead certain I was a boy her whole pregnancy and actually told the doctors they were wrong about me being a girl when I was born).
I've been trying to type :pink: but can't put it next to a name, so I'm actually going to say that Mummy and Flying are both on team :blue: too. If one of us is having a girl it's probably me but I'm keeping my guess boy.

I havent gotten to last page yet, but again, i forget so here goes my 30 posts...LOL.

Anyways, NDH I have a feeling about now- I think boy.

so
Mummy- girl
Flying- boy
NDH- boy

Preethi- I wont tell you how sorry I am for you! Lets try and think of ways to force you to feel movement...have you tried laying on yoru tummy for a while? Even if uncomfortable, I remember at the beginning I could only feel him then...Oh well, theres no way you'll make it 40 weeks without ever feeling her so just hang in there!

Sarah- I so agree with you trying to talk him into IUI. I want you to go for it. The cost is a good point too. So you may as well give clomid a little boost and be doing all that you can. Def check on that extra testing though as you couldnt do it this cycle if you need more testing.

k, now i'll go finish reading the last 2 pages. Hah

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->