ok so who wants to get pregnant in 2011? (closed group)

Keeping my FXed that gestational diabetes stay away from you and other blood test results are with in range too...good luck!!

flying , i had my GTT test done at 18 weeks, the 3 hour one and will now have another one at 27 weeks... the worst part is the orange sweet dextrose they make you drink so quick. eugh !!

Sarah, is that $350 for IUI after insurance discount? During the wait, We can talk about something totally unrelated to TTC if you like.

when you say insurance do you mean private insurance? Im thinking Sheryl is talking about public health care as lots of insurance companies cover fertility treatments so he would have to check with his insurance. we are both self employed so no insurance, but we can write off on our taxes against our income. in canada all ultrasounds, bloods, operations etc are covered by the government but not IUI or IVF. My friend who tried IUI twice her insurance covered about half of the cost. I wish we had group insurance! and I dont mind talking about TTC stuff, its more the 2WW I dont like to talk about it but if you dont mind I dont!

Strange that they would cover 1/2. And I was talking about private. We don't have public healthcare.

I cant believe how far along you all are, when I look at your tickers most of you are over half way, thats amazing :cloud9: I do hope dew & I will get pregnant before flying gives birth so we can all be pregnant together.
if not who is going to try for another straight away? NY I think you said you are done, but I wonder if you change your mind once you have that baby in your arms!!

Strange that they would cover 1/2. And I was talking about private. We don't have public healthcare.

but many private insurances pay for fertility, it all depends on what plan you have so its not strange?

Ours didn't. Check with yours Dew.

I think it all depends how big the group is...for example I used to work at a newspaper with thousands of employees, most of them paying into a group insurance. therefore the things covered were great....I had invisalign braces more or less paid for. my friend is the one who works there too and so she had $10,000 for fertility treatments I think. this is because they are taking in so much from all of the employees.

if someone works with a smallish company with not that many people paying into the plan usually the treatments covered are less. thats how it is in the UK and Canada so I assume everywhere else.

I have noooooooooooo idea about health insurance I'm afraid! It's all public health system here that I'm using (free) and I don't really know anything about how the fertility treatments are covered...

Baby, the drink I had just was like a small bottle of lemonade; tasted exactly like lemonade (not overly sweet or anything) and I knew I was going to have to have a drink so I was a little thirsty when I got there and drank it down fine!!! I had a fasting blood test (no food after dinner time, fast all night and a blood test in the morning before breakfast) earlier in my pregnancy (7 weeks I believe) because I'm at risk of being diabetic going by my family history, but that was fine. This glucose test was only the one hour one though so wasn't too bad! FX all comes back normal. :)

FX'D flying, im sure it will all the ok, i had to fast all night as well, no water even.. it was tough !! as i normally go through a whole bottle of water at night.

sarah, i will probably be ttcing when the baby is around 5 months or 4 because ive got dh's age to consider so i have to act quick lol. x

Tomorrow is my traditional baby shower.. mum is throwing me this one at her place. x

flying when will the test results be back? FX its all perfect!

baby have fun at the shower....I hope you upload some pics! will you wear something traditional indian? I want to hear all about it as its interesting to learn whar other cultures do.

hi everyone else! nothing new here, been taking my clomid. A week tomorrow I go for my ultrasound and possible trigger shot (then IUI 2 days later), so I hope it will be a short week. cant believe then I will be in the 2WW again. It does go pretty fast. Dew when is the evil one due? hope she doesnt arrive come on we need a bfp in here! [-o<[-o<[-o< then I hope Im not far behind :happydance:

Glad the clinic/dr agreed to let you try IUI this cycle. Fx'd it works for you and these next few weeks fly by!

sarah, yes i will be wearing a traditional sari, but its quite embarassing actually, im from the south and its so different. i dont know if i will upload pics lol im too embarassed.. its way over the top even for me, but im doing it to keep my mum happy.. xx

FX'D for your IUI !

you will be shocked .. i am already super embarassed about what they are going to do to me, its like gold chains, and a sari and make up and bangles and stuff and whoa, you wont recognize me.. i cant have you guys laughing hysterically in your couches.. lol and then probably telling your dh's "hey hun, wanna check out this funny indian chick on our bump website " ? lol :rotfl:

You won't be able to hear us if we do. I want to see because the odds of me every seeing something like that in person here are pretty much none.

ok guess ill get one pic up.. lol and you guys wont let me live it down after that.. it will be funny. you have been warned ! xxx :)

you will be shocked .. i am already super embarassed about what they are going to do to me, its like gold chains, and a sari and make up and bangles and stuff and whoa, you wont recognize me.. i cant have you guys laughing hysterically in your couches.. lol and then probably telling your dh's "hey hun, wanna check out this funny indian chick on our bump website " ? lol :rotfl:

I would never laugh! I lived near a lot of Indian people when living in England and so I think I have seen the outfits you are describing on special occassions. Id love to see it as its part of your culture and Im sure you will look very beautiful :thumbup:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->