ok so who wants to get pregnant in 2011? (closed group)

Ny, good luck for your test monday.. !! x

flying, yay, glad everything went well at the appointment and bubs heartbeat is great.. nice video !! nice gifts too.. theyre really cute !

the picture graph is what i am strapped on everytime i go in.. ctg monitoring.. to make sure bubs is not in distress.. good luck for your gd test on friday !! x

AFM, had my scan today, fluid levels are 5 that does not mean it has gone up, everytime bubs moves, it gives us small pockets but they are not taken into consideration. good news is, she is not under distress so we dont have to go for emergency c section just yet, but i will be monitored every few days. have weekly scans and when they do see bubs in distress then we will have a csection. as of now blood flow to baby is normal , but they cant tell if there are any kidney defects,. all those things will be tested after birth. right now, they just want to screen me closely and make sure bubs is not distressed. x

hope everyone is having a great weekend xx

glad the scan went well and baby is not in distress and the blood flow is good. Fx'd she stays in there, undistressed, for a few more weeks at least :hugs:
Glad they're monitoring you closely xx

Oh Preethi, I'm glad she's still doing ok in there. Obviously not as well as we all want her to be doing, but still ok! Ok is better than being in distress and needing to come out right now!!! FX she stays ok for a while longer yet, as every day and week that she can stay in, the better off you all will be! Even if it means weeks of worrying if she's moving enough etc, at least for now she's still safe in there...

That monitor they strap around your belly to check on bub, we couldn't strap it to me today (though she put the belt around to get it ready to strap up) cos every time she found the heartbeat it'd squirm away and she was constantly following it around to try and keep track! You don't know how much I was laying there wishing that was happening for you too; a baby happy and strong enough to be squirming away from the monitor constantly! :hugs: hang in there, we're all cheering you on from all around the world, no matter what happens! :)

Thanks Huggles :kiss:

Preethi I'm glad she's doing okay! Each day she stays in is a bonus! So will hope that you get as close to term as possible taking it one day, one monitor, one scan at a time! :hugs:

Flying glad little one is ok! I do think you are having a boy :dance: that bracelet is gorgeous!!!! Good Luck at the GTT test xx

Ny - good luck at the 3 hour test!

Thanks ladies, you all make me feel much better !! i know its best if she stays in there so praying for the same. xx thanks flying, yeah there were times when we got frustrated with finding hb and then losing it... lol :)

have a nice evening, we are going to the movies to watch horrible bosses tonight, change of mood, change of scene, something different!

yay for baby Preethi. Each day is a milestone. I have only one kidney, and live my entire life perfectly normal. Not saying she does or anything, but kidney defects are manageable for sure. Do they know about how big she is? I know you say she is smaller, so just wondering if they've got a general knowledge of her weight and growth.

Flying- love the bracelet! very cute.

I asked my doc why dont I get the 3 hour test when I first went in and they said their cut off is 180 and i was 186. So, I will probably fail it, and have GD, but for me its just to make sure that I certainly have it as I have to pay hundreds of dollars for all of this. If I've got GD, I dont have to take out very much of my diet as now im pushing it more and more to see what my numbers are and they are always in range, even after fast food and sugar! Guess my body is good at diabetes. LOL. Gotta be good at something! I shouldn't get smug though, it could change!

Flying- what was your number for the 1 hour test? I hope you pass also.

Hi everyone else! I have to work today. And feeling lazy!

they didnt weigh her or measure her today as it was too early from the previous scan, they want to wait a week to see the difference. so my next scan is tuesday, i will know then. xx last time they weighed her, she was in the 990 range and measuring around 26 weeks or 27 something, im not too sure, but they said today that blood flow was good and she was not in distress etc so they would like her to stay in as much as possible, plus they also cleared my doubt. i asked him if i carry on at 32 weeks and she still measures 29 weeks or something, what would that mean? would it make any difference that shes been in longer? he said she would be called a small 32 week baby and they want her to stay in longer because they know shes gona be small, but atleast her parts lungs etc will have time to mature the more she stays inside, plus i will have one more steroids shot before they deliver me. so im happy about that and keeping positive as im 29 weeks on monday and hoping to get to 32 atleast , i will be more comfortable then. xxx

nypage, im sure GD is manageable, my aunt had it before and i think with diet change etc, it should be fine, but its horrible that youre having to pay for those tests. i thought insurance covered such tests?

preethi we are here with you every step....each day, each week....Im hoping she stays in there as long as possible and is nice and relaxed not stressed at all :hugs:

ny what is the 3 hour tests sounds horrible!! glad you are going to dig deeper so you can figure out whats best for you.

flying glad you had a good mw visit and love the bracelet, wont be long till a little arm is holding it :cloud9:

mummy love your photography, you have a great eye!

nothing new with me, will be a boring week while I wait for my CD13 ultrasound, will have to keep busy with mum

I'm not ny, but the 3 hour test is the glucose test; you have to fast before it (we do here anyway) then drink their sugary syrup stuff and sit around for 3 hours (I'm pretty sure mine is 2 hours though?) then when the time is up, they take your blood to test and see how your body has coped with the influx of sugar. Boring as heck, but I'm happy to have it done and find out either way!!!

ny, I don't know what my number was though for the 1 hour one... Just that it was a little high (she specifically said they weren't overly high really, we're doing the second test more because it WAS a little high and I have family history of diabetes so we want to check!)

I haven't been on all week - but have just caught up on the 10 or so pages.

Sarah I'm sad to see you're on a new cycle, but I'm sure you're having a wonderful time with your family. And I wouldn't be surprised if your mom suspects, but it would sure be nice to be able to surprise her rather than share your struggle. TTC isn't easy to talk about with mothers (at least not mine anyway, and I never did).

Preethi what a week you have had! I'm glad she is still doing ok and not in distress. Hoping and praying you have at least a few more weeks before the doctors take her out. The longer she bakes the less time she'll need to be on an incubator. I'm pleased that they're monitoring you so regularly though and keeping close tabs on her growth.

DH still isn't working :(. But that means he gets to come to my scan tomorrow at least. :) I've invited my mom as well if she doesn't get called into work tomorrow. She won't be able to see the whole thing as they only allow one adult into the room with me at a time, but they are happy to let people take turns. She was thrilled just to be invited for a peek at all.

I didn't get much on my shopping trip on Monday (a few clothes and bibs and a fisher price play mat and jungle bouncer) but yesterday I got a lot more loot at a garage sale, and the only thing I really need besides diapers is the car seat. Lots of other wants of course, but I'll likely get most of those things at my shower and if not, nothing else is urgent anyway. (not that anything is really urgent yet lol - only 19 1/2 weeks so still plenty of time, but with DH not working and savings all but gone I was feeling a bit panicked about not being able to buy what we needed). Pictures of everything are in my journal on either page 144 or 145 if anyone is interested though.

NDH I know how you feel about the money situation. My DH has an interview for a job he should definately get 8/16 but they don't plan on new employees starting until September so I took some money out of my Roth IRA to make sure we don't go negative. FXd both of us won't be able to say that our DHs are unemployed for too much longer.

wow NDH, looks like you got loads of really awesome stuff! Well done! So exciting!

Hello everyone!

Flying- at my 3 hour GD test ,I have to have blood drawn before the drink, an hour after drink, 2 hours after drink, and then 3 hours after drink. So 4 times! So i cant even wander around, just gotta sit there. Torture!

That sounds really not fun :(

Can't believe pregnant women are expected to fast that long. Surely there has to be a better way to test for GD - someone better discover it soon. I don't have mine for another month or so, but it's just the 1-hour. I hope I pass it cause I couldn't stand a 3-hour one. Sure some days if I stay in bed til noon I don't eat til then, but that's lying in bed doing nothing but reading BnB and enjoying feeling the baby move - as soon as I'm sitting or standing up I need to eat.

I actually can't eat for only 10 hours....so its not horrible except, like you say, once I stand up and leave the house I will feel super hungry. So for those 3 hours its hell since i'll be sitting there hungry and sick im sure from drinking the damn sugar drink. Im sure i'll be on here with complaining updates!

But is that 10 hours before you arrive or total? Not that it makes much difference since most people don't eat after midnight anyway.

Anyway I hope it goes as well as it can.

Oh and just heard from my mom - she didn't get called into work so she gets to come along to my scan! An hour and 15 mins to go! Baby has been quite active this morning - I hope s/he doesn't go to sleep before it starts lol.

Best i can do is grape juice lol - I can't do carbonated drinks :(

have fun at your scan NDH !

wow you can go 10 hours Ny? I cant go 5 hours without eating !!! i had a massive pizza dinner last night and woke up at 6 am hungry.. lol

my appointment is tomorrow for the growth scan. bit nervous i am. infact no im really nervous i hope she has made an improvement.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->