ok so who wants to get pregnant in 2011? (closed group)

flying that pic is gorgeous!
And yay for putting up the bassinet! :thumbup:

ndh - that's lovely of your mom to give you that voucher! Going to be so nice getting massages!

Waking up early is really annoying. I wouldn't mind so much if i could get back to sleep, but that seldom happens. So if i wake at 3am with a full bladder (like this morning), then that's it - i stay awake the rest of the night. I try to go back to sleep, but seldom succeed :(

Oh Amy that's lovely! (especially the photo of you guys but the bassinet by your bed too :cloud9:

And we're working on similar projects! Only mine is a woven wrap not a stretchy one (going to make a t-shirt one instead of a moby style so there's not as much fabric making me roast). I have a 4m long piece of linen I'm going to cut in half lengthwise and turn into two woven wraps - will dye them down the road too as ita pretty boring mint green fabric. And after practicing with a stuffed animal if I don't think 4m will be long enough then I'll go buy another 1-1.5m of linen and cut it in quarters (lengthwise and widthwise) and attach it to either end of the wrap with a French seam. I wouldn't trust a weightbearing seam obviously, but don't think there's a problem with end seams to add extra length. Not sure if I want to go to the extra work of hemming though or if I'll just borrow my SIL (to be)'s serger.

Oh Huggles that stinks :(. I occasionally have trouble getting back to sleep after a bathroom run, but usually don't have much issue.

haha NDH, I should have said mine is a woven wrap too; I didn't wanna go with the traditional moby-style stretch fabric cos it's only really suitable for newborns; and they don't stay as newborns for long!!! The fabric I got is a light cotton weave; almost a gauze. I wanted something light and airy cos it's spring here now, so will only be getting warmer, and cotton so it breathes for both me and bub who will be bound up in it over summer time! I got 5.5m of it cos I'm a big build and with no stretch in it at all I wanted it to be plenty long enough!!! Once I get it hemmed I'll model it with a cat or teddy bear or something and get a pic to share. :)

and I'd love to just serge the edges, but don't know anyone with a serger, so hems it shall be!!

omg, I just realised my ticker is counting down in days-only now, cos there's no more weeks+days left!!! I already *knew* that, but seeing it written there.... eep!

Oh that does sound lovely :). And for $27.50 for TWO wraps you can't go wrong really. Ive had my fabric laying around for years with grand intentions of using it but never did and now I'm glad lol. Don't remember what I paid but it wouldn't have been more than $8/m, and it'll probably be $10ish for the dye. Certainly a lot better than $150 they can go for each!

Eek can't believe you're down to just days left on the ticker! Hmm will it make it to 0 or will baby arrive before then?

Hi Natalie!!!! Missed ya!:flower: wow you and flying are being industrious! :cloud9: I wish I was good with fabric!!!

Amy, I love the basinet, our Moses basket is coming down out the loft this weekend!! :)

Huggles, I'm also up a lot of the night mostly about 3 times :dohh: thankfully I can get back to sleep though!

Oh and we're officially Full Term today :yipee:

omg mummy, thanks for the advice.. ive got long months of long nights ahead of me
!! the doctor did mention that they would go to six hourly but never mentioned when,,, !!

HAPPY FULL TERM MUMMY !!! :headspin: so excited for you.. !

NDH, lovely of your mum to surprise you with the massage vouchers...i love massages and i think they ,make brilliant gifts !! yes gemma still wakes every four hours for her feed, and even though she sleeps between those feeds, shes constantly uncomfortable and making noises because of her reflux, we are just trying to get our hands on some infant gaviscon from the uk to help her out a bit.. x

flying, beautiful pic.. you guys are so organised, nice that you had time to get professional pics taken etc.! cant believe youve got only 6 days left!!!!!!!! your bassinet looks lovely.. ! . i wanted to do all of that(get pics etc) before the last few months of my worrisome pregnancy was robbed from me..its not like i had fun with my pregnancy from the beginning anyway.. lol it was nothing to write home about !!

Huggles, i have that problem too, when i feed gemma now at 4 am etc, i cant get back to sleep and when i do, its almost time for her next feed !! ridiculous.. hope you can get some sleep soonxxx

Ny, i do really hope you are getting some sort of sleep as you will be constantly tired.. youve got ella as well.. i couldnt imagine doing what you do, but i guess you are well organised ! sometimes, i wake up five minutes before her feed and then im rushing as the bottle and water is not warm and then whilst the kettle is boiling she cries out of hunger and i get so upset and feel guilty for not giving her milk on time. there have been occasions where she has not woken up and i didnt wake up because i didnt hear my alarm and shes gone without a feed for five hours ! doctors say she is preterm so should not go beyond five hours.. she should be fed atleast in the fourth hour ! this has happened about three times since shes been home.. xx
hope you get some rest soon xx

Dew, so sorry about your bfn :hugs: waiting to hear more updates soon xx FX'D :fairydust:

Sarah, hope youre ok ! xxx enjoy your month off.. rooting for you for your IVF in november !!!!

AFM nothing much to report, i can smell formula milk in my sleep.. ! and theres so much sterilising going on, its driving me nuts.. lol.. im so overdue to get a wax !!! lol ive done nothing, and i mean nothing since august and its driving me nuts, i look horrendous ! i should really make time to go during the weekends !

have a lovely day ladies xxxx

Happy full term Mummy! You could be any day too - goodness how strange it will be when it's just Sheryl, Huggles and I to go. And hopefully before my turn Dew and Sarah will be UTD so then we'll get to spend another 9 mos cheering them on and watching their bumps grow :). :hugs:

Thanks ladies! :)

Preethi I'm sure that before long you'll back into a routine that works for you! :hugs:

Natalie... it'll be very odd when most of the babies are here! Fingers crossed we'll be cheering on Dew and Sarah on their pregnancy journeys! :dance:

Preethi I am soooo similar to you. We set our alrm as well and miss it once in a while but luckily he let's us know soon. I couldn't imagine him going 5 hours tho....jelous! I also smell milk all the time. I actually believe I smell like rotten milk! Plus, my hormones mus be broken because I ake up sweaty often. And like you, I need to shave soooooooii badly, and down there I'm afraid to shave near the c section incision. My tummy is still floppy and has a shelf, but I. Down lower than pre pregnancy weight. And when I wake up for feeds in the middle of the night, I sometimes can't sleep and end up making ella's lunch for school at 3 am! I'm losing it! Funny how we sound similar. I hope you are managing well, you sound great.

Ndh and flying,your home made projects sound great! I never got a sling cuz they're pretty expensive. Can't wait to see pics.

Happy happy full term mummy! You've done it!

great job mummy! :kiss:

flying you are so cute, i cant friggin wait for you to have a baby in the photo :cloud9::cloud9::cloud9:

ndh it would be nice for dew and I to be pregnant before you give birth, but Ive lost my pma as Ive been hopeful for so many dates through the year and nothing has happened. although Im excited to try IVF Im also trying to keep realistic and know it might take more than 1 go. I have to think that way otherwise paying $12,000 and a bfn will be hard to take. Im really hoping to get some to freeze and i dont mind if it takes a couple of IVFs if I get extra to freeze.

you havent updated about your hubby for a while, so he is not working then? he was going on the air traffic controller course did that happen?

preethi and ny thank you for describing your nights so we can know what we are in for!

huggles and sheryl just over a month for the both of you too, amazing!

dew I cant wait for your update!

have a great weekend everyone :kiss:

I suppose I am still the luckier one of the two of us as far as easy pregnancies Huggles. I wake up at least 5x to go to the bathroom every night but I have no problem falling back asleep. I almost fall asleep on the toilet.

I can't wait for baby girl to be here. I still haven't packed our bags but we have everything ready to go.

I only tend to wake once for the loo, sometimes not even. But if i don't wake for the loo then I wake because I'm uncomfortable or my hip gets sore or something. And then i can't get back to sleep. Makes me worry about night feeds - how am I ever going to cope if i can't sleep between them! Can't believe I'll be dealing with that in just one month! So exciting!

Nights actually become kind of dreaded for me, but I remember feeling the same way with Ella so I know it passes.....some day! Is just hard to be sitting awake for hours while feeding, knowing you are pretty much alone, and hearing OH snore away! Is anyone cos we ing, or just having the baby in your room? Includes you Sarah and dew, how would you arrange it?

Co-sleeping with the baby in bed with you or with the baby in a bassinet in your room is what she meant. Kristin is going to be sleeping in her crib in her nursery so we won't have to break the habit of her sleeping elsewhere at night.

Co-sleeping with the baby in bed with you or with the baby in a bassinet in your room is what she meant. Kristin is going to be sleeping in her crib in her nursery so we won't have to break the habit of her sleeping elsewhere at night.

oh! I have no idea about any of this stuff! the room that will be the babies room will be right across from our bedroom, so I hope to keep the bassinet in there and have a nice chair in there I can use for feedings? but then again I will probably want the baby close to me, is that why people put in their room?

Yes, some people want the baby to be closer to them. In my case it will throw off DH more than he already is which would be very bad. I also have a friend who kept their son in their room from the beginning for convenience and he does not sleep in his own room now even though he's 16 months old. He screams until he gets his way and I am determined to not make that mistake in our household. We aren't even getting a bassinet for our house because you use them for such a short period of time and they aren't cheap.

We will have baby in a camp cot (pack & play / travel cot) right next to my side of the bed. He will sleep there during the night, but during the day he'll sleep in his main cot in his room (nursery) so that he gets used to sleeping in that room.
Having him right next to my bed is mostly for convenience so that I don't have to get up at night but can just pat him / pick him up / feed him or whatever whilst staying in bed (well. that's the plan LoL).

I used to want to co-sleep, but dh was very against that as he felt it wasn't safe. i'm a fairly 'violent' sleeper in that i toss and turn a lot (actually punched hubby in the face on honeymoon in my sleep lol). So I kind of agreed with him and thinking about it more I doubt i would get any sleep as i'd be too scared of hurting baby. Which is why we chose the cot next to the bed solution.
And we can use the camp cot for a long time because even when he moves to his own room at night we will use the campcot if we go away somehwere or if we are visiting friends/family for a full day or late in the evening or something and baby needs a place to sleep. We also bought it on special so it was fairly cheap.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->