ok so who wants to get pregnant in 2011? (closed group)

thank you! and you are so right, its sad that it comes in and has to be spent on something with no guarantees. Ive been talking to hubby quite a bit about it, as I think it could be very stressful to spend that kind of money and nothing happen....he is very careful with money where I am a little more easy going about it. I told him I am budgeting $36,000 and we have to look at it that it might all be spent, or only some of it. When I said to him that its a small amount to pay when you think how much you spend over a lifetime I think it made him accept it a lot more. We do earn an above average income and are lucky we can do it, but at the same time we have a business that isnt going that great and have some debt from the start up so its not easy for us to pay this. We have some property equity that Im going to refinance next year to make things easier too.

theres 2 people doing IVF in my over 35 thread so will be interesting to monitor the results.

I hope your estrogen is low so you can continue this month. if you had 2 cysts wouldnt that mean you had 2 eggs ovulate last month?

Happy Thanksgiving Sarah!

I am glad your DH is trying to understand the cost associated with IVF. In my case, since I don't earn and also because infertility problem is in me, I am feeling guilty as it's all DH's money which we'll be using for IVF.

I don't think 2 cysts would mean that 2 eggs ovulated last month. Both cysts-type follicles (nurse wasn't sure if they are cysts or just overgrown follicles) are on left side. My dominant follicle was on right side. I read that follicular cysts are formed- "If a follicle fails to rupture and release the egg, the fluid remains and can form a cyst in the ovary. This usually affects one of the ovaries." The whole process if very confusing.

Babysitting is going well. He got here about 8:30 and will be here for about 3 more hours until 3:30. He's a great baby to take care of. :)

thank you! and you are so right, its sad that it comes in and has to be spent on something with no guarantees. Ive been talking to hubby quite a bit about it, as I think it could be very stressful to spend that kind of money and nothing happen....he is very careful with money where I am a little more easy going about it. I told him I am budgeting $36,000 and we have to look at it that it might all be spent, or only some of it. When I said to him that its a small amount to pay when you think how much you spend over a lifetime I think it made him accept it a lot more. We do earn an above average income and are lucky we can do it, but at the same time we have a business that isnt going that great and have some debt from the start up so its not easy for us to pay this. We have some property equity that Im going to refinance next year to make things easier too.

theres 2 people doing IVF in my over 35 thread so will be interesting to monitor the results.

I hope your estrogen is low so you can continue this month. if you had 2 cysts wouldnt that mean you had 2 eggs ovulate last month?

Happy Thanksgiving Sarah!

I am glad your DH is trying to understand the cost associated with IVF. In my case, since I don't earn and also because infertility problem is in me, I am feeling guilty as it's all DH's money which we'll be using for IVF.

I don't think 2 cysts would mean that 2 eggs ovulated last month. Both cysts-type follicles (nurse wasn't sure if they are cysts or just overgrown follicles) are on left side. My dominant follicle was on right side. I read that follicular cysts are formed- "If a follicle fails to rupture and release the egg, the fluid remains and can form a cyst in the ovary. This usually affects one of the ovaries." The whole process if very confusing.

oh I see, I think my cyst was a Corpus luteum cyst
"This type of functional cyst occurs after an egg has been released from a follicle. The follicle then becomes a secretory gland that is known as the corpus luteum. The ruptured follicle begins producing large quantities of estrogen and progesterone in preparation for conception. If a pregnancy doesn't occur, the corpus luteum usually breaks down and disappears. It may, however, fill with fluid or blood, causing the corpus luteum to expand into a cyst, and stay on the ovary. Usually, this cyst is on only one side, and does not produce any symptoms"
and mine went by the next cycle. I didnt know about these other cysts, and agree its so confusing!

awww and dont think of it as your money and his money....you are a team trying to create a life together. I earn more money than my hubby but I never think of it as anything but our money. apart from when he is being tight with money then I remind I earn more so technically can spend more :rofl:

no niggles still, and it's wednesday now. Full moon tonight... otherwise, still another 2 days to go. I suspect I will go over, but only by a day or two. Lets hope it's not more than a day or two anyway!!!

no niggles still, and it's wednesday now. Full moon tonight... otherwise, still another 2 days to go. I suspect I will go over, but only by a day or two. Lets hope it's not more than a day or two anyway!!!

so exciting! I guess my early prediction was wrong, although theres still 7 hours left of tuesday here :haha:

have you picked out definite names or waiting to see what he/she looks like?

Sarah, he heard about the job from one of the labour hire employment agencies - they called him yesterday with the interview information.

Except he has to either cancel or postpone the I terview now because HE'S WORKING TODAY!!!

Don't know if it's just a one day fill-in job or if it'll become more regular (certainly hope it's not just one day as he's giving up an interview with good potential for it) but will have to see. He got a call from the traffic control company (who he did his training with and they're also a labour hire employment agency) this morning with traffic control work. I'm guessing someone called in sick or didn't show or something so they called through heblist of people looking, but I'm hoping someone quit so it'll be more work of course :haha:

Sheryl, glad the babysitting went well. Gotta love easy kids :)

Ny, I'm sorry you're not getting much sleep :(. I hope Kian stops feeding ao often at night soon.

Dew, I hope your esteogen levels are low enough to try again this month. FXd.

Sarah, I think it's very wise to have three IVFs budgeted. I hope you don't need it all though.

Mummy, my daughter was 7 days late, and I still needed pitocin to be in labor, so for sure did not expect Kian to be weeks early! No telling what will happen really you could go whenever this one decides! Will you breast feed this one? I agree that lack of sleep in torture, and to top it off, he has been a nightmare today now too. I'm exhausted. I almost snapped today. Had to leave the room on a crying baby then returned to see he had puked so felt super guilty and cried like a baby as he did too.....it's been rough.

Dew, OH is struggling. He returned to work this week and our son doesn't sleep at night, so usually we are both awake, and usually bickering since we are both at our wits ends.....last night I just sent him to sleep in the couch and I took care of the baby because he was getting waaaaay too upset over things due to lackof sleep. So, not sure if he is ver excited right now. Lol. He sure misses him when he is safely away at work having a grown up life though! I'm jealous of him sometimes! I feel like you, all of our money is OHs so feel like I don't really have a right.....but he also does rub that n my face during a fight so makes me feel bad that it's not my money.....his parents like me fine, we had to get over it all when they showed up at the hospital when kian was born. Do you and DH have family living nearby?

Flying, I still think you've got anew days to go. Like the 14 or 15th. I sooooo can't wait to see what you will have. Eeeek! I love surprises like this.

Oh, NY, Canadian thanksgiving has a lot of similar roots to the American one. And While it had been celebrated off and on for a few hundred years it didn't become a regular celebration until after the American revolution when the royalists moved to Canada and brought thanksgiving with them lol. Mostly though its just being thankful for the end of a good harvest, so since the growing season is shorter harvest ends earlier. (the actual day though coincides with harvest festival, a European religious celebration). So no pilgrims (the first thanksgivings were celebrated by explorers in the 16th century for safe travels though, and the first nations had long had end of harvest celebrations) but now they're pretty much the same. Though Americans do make a much bigger celebration if it than we do.

Oh, NY, Canadian thanksgiving has a lot of similar roots to the American one. And While it had been celebrated off and on for a few hundred years it didn't become a regular celebration until after the American revolution when the royalists moved to Canada and brought thanksgiving with them lol. Mostly though its just being thankful for the end of a good harvest, so since the growing season is shorter harvest ends earlier. (the actual day though coincides with harvest festival, a European religious celebration). So no pilgrims (the first thanksgivings were celebrated by explorers in the 16th century for safe travels though, and the first nations had long had end of harvest celebrations) but now they're pretty much the same. Though Americans do make a much bigger celebration if it than we do.

thanks for explaining, being from england we dont celebrate thankgiving so never really understood what it was all about!! I just go along for the dinner :haha: I think the US one is waaayyy to late in the year, too near Christmas to be having turkey!!

yay for DH working today, really hope he impressed them and it leads to something more long term, FXd

Lol. I read a lot and have a good memory - I just hope it's allows factual information I regurgitated cause I can't differentiate between fact and fiction sometimes - if I read it in a book it's stuck in my head as if it was fact :rofl:

I live for Thanksgiving turkey. Love it when it's not too dry with gravy and mashed potatoes.

I miss turkey :(. It's really expensive here (like $40 for a small turkey not much bigger than a big chicken) not to mention this time of year and at Christmas it's just too hot to cook.

Also, baby hiccups are cute lol. Yesterday and today I've started noticing them.

Lol just wait till baby is head down and they feel like they are in your butt. :)

Gosh! I went to pick follistim from pharmacy (last time I paid $15 copay) and this time it was $1500....came back home, called insurance and got to know that we got $2000 max coverage for infertility drugs and we have already reached that number. I am so heart broken, don't understand why it's getting harder and harder, I am starting to lose interest in life-it's full of sadness and agony :cry:

Oh Dew :hugs: I'm so sorry you didn't have any warning that you'd have to pay the full amount for the drugs. $1500 that's crazy!

:hugs:

Ok So DH worked for 5 hours today and was able tocome home at 2 and still make his interview after all. The employment agency told him to expect a call tomorrow offering him a casual position M-F 2-10pm. However, then he also got a call to work tomorrow from 6-4 (or later) doing more of the same traffic control work he did today. The traffic control pays more ($24/hour plus overtime vs $20/hour for a 38 hour week and a half hour drive each way which will also cost us a lot in gas) and would mean he wouldn't have to give up evening commitments like our antenatal classes which start in two weeks. The trouble is the traffic control isn't a guarantee of steady work right now, though the more jobs he does for them the more work he'll be offered and the more likely it will turn into something more steady, and it's what he wants to do long term. And with the mill job there's no guarantee it will last either - could be only a couple weeks last time or turn into something permanent. Both are so iffy it's hard to know what to do. But still very encouraging after so long of nothing. Wwyd?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->