old wives tales... baking soda

hopingwaiting

Reaction score
so since its its so close to me finding out what im having and im going crazy i decided to do the old wives tales. one being peeing on baking soda. if it fizzles its a boy does nothing its a girl
the other one put your ring on a string of your hair. if it circles around your belly its a boy if it goes back and forth its a girl
another one at the early ultrasound if its on the right its a boy and the left its a girl

it fizzled, went in a circle, and is on the right.. all say boy!!!

can someone do these and tell the results.

i had my cousin pee today and hers didnt fizzle!

Lol, I tried them all and got the following:

Baking Soda: No fizzle (girl)
Ring Test: Circle (girl) BTW everything I read said circle girl, line boy...
Ultrasound: Left (girl)

Im going to go out on a limb and predict that I am having a girl! Thats what DH, SIL, Mom, and myself think I am having. My MIL thinks its a boy though. Knowing my luck it will be a little boy too!

I did it at 12 weeks, it said girl, ultrasound two weeks later confirmed girl!!!
Here's a video of my test:
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=sqY1YChrpgk

isnt it strange how they all say the same thing.. Everyone laughed at me and said that baking soda would fizz regardless!! i said not true!!

I plan on doing the baking soda test. I just haven't done it yet. I'll let you know what I get when I do it.
I personally don't believe the right/left theory. I have seen too many ultrasounds disprove that theory.
I did the ring test with my son, which was actually correct. It moved in a line. For him, it was the only gender prediction/theory that was even correct. Everything else (including an Intelligender test) predicted girl. However, I didn't do the baking soda test with him.

I looked at the pic from dds ultrasound and she's literally in the middle lol. At her 15 week us when we found out the gender she was on the left.
I'm confused about the ring theory.

I just did it. It fizzed up kinda like beer foam about a quarter inch and went down right away. Is that supposed to mean boy?

My us pic the baby is on the right...but aren't they introverted or something or no? I thought I read that somewhere.

Yeah the ultrasound ramzy theory isn't accurate because there are so many angels the ultrasonographer can use and probes.. so you'd have to know all that in order to really know what side baby is on

Baking powder was right with my daughter... You reminded me I must go pee on some now like a crazy :) x

wow what a fizz... I'm pretty convinced I'm having a boy and this just feeds into it... x

I have mixed results! :)

I did the ring test yesterday, and it did very clear circles. It was even slightly creepy, because I moved it away from my belly and it would go straight or not do anything. Then, as soon as I put it over my belly it did circles very fast and very obvious.

BUT

I did the baking soda test today and it fizzed big time.

Oh yes! :) I plan on finding out at the beginning of November.

I think I'm having a girl this time, though. And I think the only reason the baking soda would fizz or not fizz is due to how acidic your urine is at the time...like how baking soda and vinegar make a volcano.

I did the baking soda test this time and last time and both fizzled but because my last was a girl, I'm considering this a girl result for me personally..

As for the ramzi theory, its not what side the baby is on that matters, its the placenta/chronic villi. The ultrasound tech said that the placenta hadn't begun to develop for me yet (or atleast not enough to be seen on ultrasound) but the yolk sac was on the left.. Didn't ask about blood flow.

Heart beat theory says girl (178)

Ring theory - I have actually heard both that circle is boy and back and forth is girl and the opposite, circle is girl and back and forth is boy.. It goes back and forth for me

My urine is dull so point girl there again

I will be putting the skull theory to test at my next ultrasound, it was right for both my son and daughter.. so we will see this time!

I've seen sooo much stuff indicating boy from the beginning, but the first two names that popped in my head were Cora and Rylee (which I would use for a girl but my sister in law already has dibs on Riley for a boy.. lol) but my gut really says girl, just 7 weeks to go until we find out!

As for friends and family? My mom thinks girl, and a friend of mine thinks girl.. My kids say girl but my dad, grandfather and sister in law think boy.. hubby is hoping for a boy too and we haven't asked anyone else.

I find out on Sunday! Can't wait :) I'm with you Rebecca I think the fizz depends on acidity.

all said boy and its a boyyyyyyyy

Attachments

• cropbaby.jpg
    cropbaby.jpg
    32.4 KB · Views: 15
  • cropbaby2.jpg
    cropbaby2.jpg
    26.6 KB · Views: 11
Yaaaaaaay!!! Congrats Hoping! I thought you were finding out tomorrow! !

Congratulations! You have found out super early, but that is quite clear! :)

Yaaaaaaay!!! Congrats Hoping! I thought you were finding out tomorrow! !

i was but i had the birth defect ultrasound today and the tech was awesome. she was like do you want me to take a guess. i told her heck yes.. Its just a guess but i believe its a pretty darn good guess. If she said boy i would still go to my ultrasound tomorrow to double check but with this being so clear and me knowing it was a boy im not going tomorrow

At most of the private ultrasound places here in the US they will check as early as 13 weeks :) I'll be 13+2 when I find out!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->