Older first time TTC?

LOL Exactly what we thought... I need to lose weight, OH needs to take Zinc, etc. etc., but $%^&*, people have been getting pregnant for thousands of years without knowing all this stuff, and had healthy kids, so we're being almost-super-healthy.
LOVE your avatar btw, a Border Collie?

We're eating more veg now and I've given up alcohol and caffeine - and my OH is doing so well - he's drastically cut down his beer intake!

He says the same thing about people making babies for bjillions of years and thinks charting and POAS is a bit OTT - but I love it !!!

The pic was taken at the break of dawn of the Winter Solstice last year - looking out over Kent (you can't quite see the M20!)
Trudy is our Border Collie and an old girl at 12. We got her from Battersea 2 years ago - and she's super-jealous of our cats. No idea what she'll do when we have a baby.

I'm 34 (35 this year) and only just starting to take TTC seriously. I've been a bit clueless up until now but having been with my DB for nearly four years we think we're ready (well as we'll ever be!).

It's only really in the last few years my friends of a similar age have started families. I did think I would have children between 25-30ish but I was still having too much fun then :happydance:

Trying to be healthy too, I have got quite content over the past few years - oops!!!

Good luck to everyone x x

When you said older...i thought like 'older' not 30!! LOL! God, in that case im older, older, lol! Im 39 in 2 months and ive been ttc for a year and a half, although ive been pg twice in that time.

Im not really that worried about the pg complications as so many women give birth later now that the medical proffesion is more than able to deal with us. After 35 you get offered several tests and options, and the fact remains that more women in their 20's have down syndrom babies than older women (due to non testing)

I always wanted children and i really did think id have them early as my mum had me at 19 and was and is a fantastic mum.

Also want to point out that altough i would have liked to have met my df and started ttc in my 20's life has decided otherwise and in a way im glad. I am much happier, much more settled, much more sane and dear i say it, more intelligent than i was in my 20's. I am however, still very silly, in a good way, and i have no doubt i shall be a great mother albeit with a bottle of haircolour in her bathroom cabinet, lol!!

All the best,

Hugs, Omi xxx

Trudy is our Border Collie and an old girl at 12.
She's lovely! We've got two BCs, 8yo. They could be part of my problem, had them from 7 weeks and they're my babies really!

BelgianSunset, what changed my mind? My age probably, in my heart of hearts I knew when I met OH he had to be a dad one day and I wanted to always be with him... I guess it's just taken me this long to accept that I'll be a mum too... don't feel old/mature/responsible enough, but financially/socially etc., it's perfect timing. My brain just needs time to catch up I suppose! It's weird, I feel positive about it, just not excited, like I think I should (confirmed by coming on here and reading all about your joys and worries!) A lot of it is about letting myself change my personality almost as I've been so apathetic about them for so long, it's a massive change.

Anyway, till I met my OH, I hadn't met anyone who I could actually see myself Marrying or having children with - the OH is absolutely the right person, and I know we'll be very happy together :) We're on Year 3 now! :happydance:

Yes I suppose that had a lot to do with it for me, although we've been together 6 years (celebrated our anniversary last week in fact!), and when we first got together I was 24 and nowhere near being ready! But like you I know he's the right man to be the father of my children and that we'll always be together, and knowing that meant there was never any rush. But since turning 30 something seems to have switched, and every time I notice a new wrinkle or something I start getting panicky. But we have at last agreed on a date to start trying, so I can relax a bit for now!

Now thats why I love this forum so much...

My OH keeps telling me to calm down and not be so excited about making a baby.... Belgiansunset - you sound just like me - I'm normal afterall !

I am 32 (33 in Feb) and we are ttc #1. We only started last month and no joy first try! The baby desire only reached me in the past few months and I've never really cooed over other people's kids or anything. Bit of a career girl and had a lot of responsiblity supporting my husband when he went back to college. So I guess, I haven't really been in a position to have kids (ideally) til recently. Spurring me on more now is the fact my younger sis (30) is now 12 weeks pg. Now I'm praying I get my :bfp: this cycle! Good luck to all :dust:

I'm 35 and pregnant with #1. I'm nearly 10 weeks gone and we got pregnant first try. So I agree with the comment about statistics ... I've got one ovary and one tube (after an op), am 35 years old (hubby 36), carrying some extra weight (although I don't smoke or drink) ... I thought if anyone would have trouble we would.

Try not to pay too much attention to statistics or stuff ... just be as healthy as you can (not forgetting folic acid, and pronatal vits) and try to relax.

Hoping you get that :bfp: really soon!!!

:hug:

I'm 35 and pregnant with #1. I'm nearly 10 weeks gone and we got pregnant first try. So I agree with the comment about statistics ... I've got one ovary and one tube (after an op), am 35 years old (hubby 36), carrying some extra weight (although I don't smoke or drink) ... I thought if anyone would have trouble we would.

Try not to pay too much attention to statistics or stuff ... just be as healthy as you can (not forgetting folic acid, and pronatal vits) and try to relax.

Hoping you get that :bfp: really soon!!!

:hug:

Hi and congrats! first try is pretty impressive.
Hearing that us ovarically challenged are still getting PG - really cheers me up!

There seem to be quite a few of us at about the same age. I'm 34 and we are ttc no1. I've felt ready for a while but it's taken some time to persuade oh!:rofl:

It's been the other way round with us... I couldn't stand the thought of something alien growing inside me that I couldn't control... and for sooo long!

Seems like that Broody switch just hasn't flicked for you yet.

Unfortunately its out of your control - but I bet you anything - its inevitable !

Give it time - and you'll be as clucky as the rest of us.

xxx

Ha !

I forced my man to watch 3 baby programmes this morning - He's barely used to the idea of trying for a baby - but I just can't help myself.

Ha !

I forced my man to watch 3 baby programmes this morning - He's barely used to the idea of trying for a baby - but I just can't help myself.

I love watching baby and birth programmes!!! DH goes and plays X box!!!! Lol x

So what programmes are there? Any on BBC or C4? Haven't come across any...

There is a baby channel on sky that shows birth programmes every morning, there was a recent two part programme on BBC3 - you just have to keep looking. The ones which show births are actually quite reassuring to someone like me who hasn't done it before and only remembers the worst bits people tell you!!!!! x

When my parents had me my Mum was 35 and my dad was 39. My dad's mum had him at only 17 years of age, but her health declined quickly after her first stroke and so after age 65 she had very little quality of life, when she realized how little time she had left she asked me to please have kids quickly because she desperately wanted to meet them. I have always wanted kids but am only just now almost established enough financially to start soon. Gramma died Dec 22nd, 2008. I can't help but worry if I don't start soon I won't stand the slightest chance of enjoying hordes of grandkids, or like my Mum's parents, who are currently enjoying their great grandchildren as well through my cousins. I would love, love, love to have that in my old age, health permitting, of course.

None of my friends in the city are even close to starting families, most of them have moved out of their parents' houses at last (5 years after graduating highschool) and some of them are in actual relationships.

I'm stressing out I'll already be 25 when I have my first kid, if I'm lucky and conceive quickly, that is. I worry all the time that hubby or I might turn out with infertility issues, and have years and years to wait before we get lucky. It's stupid, I know, only time will tell what will happen, and if I DID try to have kids sooner I wouldn't be able to provide for them as well, but I still get down about it all too often. We can't even get a mortgage yet as everything is really really expensive, but we have an affordable rental, good jobs, and savings on our way to owning, so we can't be doing that badly, surely? :cry:

Hey hun. That's the thing... One day you just realise that you want to start a family.

As soon as it dawns on you then straight away isn't soon enough!
I think thats the same for everyone - no matter how old they are....

Have you decided on a TTC date yet?

Maybe you could focus on getting your body ready while you're waiting....
https://www.babyandbump.com/waiting-to-try/86631-qi-tips-get-you-ready-conception.html

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->