Older first time TTC?

Perhaps you need to look at your priorities?

My older brother and his partner are struggling to get pg, and I fear they've left it too late. They've been trying a number of years already and are now going through the processes with surgical proceedures..

If you really want to be a mummy, perhaps something has to give?

I'm going to be sacrificing my career (in the long term) - I am in Advertising - not a career that I'll be able to return to easily after having children!

I know what you mean. If I had been in a position to try before now I would have. Only met my partner a couple of years ago and just getting married at the end of Feb! TBH I'm more excited about the fact we're ttc than the wedding..

But I am worried I've left it too late. If you have the opportunity to start earlier better to be safe and all that! x

Hi everyone

I'm new here and ttc for the first time this month.. I know I'm probably the oldest ever on here at 39... (eek) but still hopeful though

Well never fear, I am here to make you feel better. I just turned 43 and we have started TCC for our first. My sister had her first at 40, so I am hoping I get lucky. Good luck to you all. :dust:

:howdy: Good luck you too and thank you for your post. I keep seeing those posts which say you shouldn't stress about ttc and just relax... Relax?? I'm so excited I can't stop reading everything I can get my eyes on!! I can't tell you the amount of stuff I've learned in the last month!!

Hi everyone

I'm new here and ttc for the first time this month.. I know I'm probably the oldest ever on here at 39... (eek) but still hopeful though

Well never fear, I am here to make you feel better. I just turned 43 and we have started TCC for our first. My sister had her first at 40, so I am hoping I get lucky. Good luck to you all. :dust:

:howdy: Good luck you too and thank you for your post. I keep seeing those posts which say you shouldn't stress about ttc and just relax... Relax?? I'm so excited I can't stop reading everything I can get my eyes on!! I can't tell you the amount of stuff I've learned in the last month!!

I have been reading everything and everything since October and now watch loads of baby programmes on the home and health channel, we are both still fairly relaxed about TCC but think we still start using opk kits from next month.

Just a quick post to cheer up anyone who is worrying about their age. My friend rang me last night and told me her aunt is pregnant at the age of 44. They have had the amniocentisis (sp?) and everything is okay.

So there is hope for us people in our 30s and 40s!!!

Just a quick post to cheer up anyone who is worrying about their age. My friend rang me last night and told me her aunt is pregnant at the age of 44. They have had the amniocentisis (sp?) and everything is okay.

So there is hope for us people in our 30s and 40s!!!

Thank you for that. :D

I don't see any way round it for me unless I can have a break during my studies as I am not ready to try right at this moment as have a number of other issues to sort out first.

you guys have nothing to worry about your all so young im 41 next week and im trying for no 5 no4 is only 1 so relax and have fun baby dancing

It's nice to know there are more ladies out there ttc their first !! I still think most women on this site are under 30 - at least that's what it seems to be with those who're actually posting!

:)

We're TTC our first child (after a very early m/c) and we're both mid thirties. Nearly all my friends with kids had them in their thirties. I guess much of it depends on whether you're career-minded, whether you started work young or studied for extra years, your social background, etc. etc.

you guys have nothing to worry about your all so young im 41 next week and im trying for no 5 no4 is only 1 so relax and have fun baby dancing

Hey there, we need one of these threads in TCC board, I will go look. :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->