Older first time TTC?

:dohh:

Does that mean my day-dream of being all calm and mother-earthly while in labour might not be accurate either?!
:rofl:

Take any drugs they offer you, and you'll get along just fine!

Hi catswhiskas... is that an actual thing, the pregnancy and childbirth phobia? If so, I'm probably a candidate for it too! As you can probably see, you're one of the younger ones on this thread... so I wouldn't worry about being late, just make sure you look after yourself whilst doing your degree...

Hi Nutty Jester... yeah it is an actual thing. Check it out on Google.

I am consumed with concern about when I am going to be able to start a family and it getting too late. How late, is too late?

35 ix the mystical age where the risk of your baby having a genetic disorder outweighs the risks involved in invasive testing for disorders.

There's always a risk of your baby having problems.
so I'd say... too late is when you run out of eggs!

Some women give birth when they're over 40! No need to panic!!

But, it is wise to try and have your babies before you're 35 as it becomes more difficult to get pregnant the older you get.

I'm 32, and my OH and I will be TTC this cycle for the first time... :) I have never been pregnant, ever. Never had any scares or abortions or anything like that - I am quite scared about the whole process, but I know I just have to get over it - women give birth every day all around the world, some in worse situations than I will be, so I'm sure it will be fine., etc. :)

I know how you feel - I'm 31 this year and wondering if my body can actaully make a baby!

But as time ticks on.... Get PG now - have baby this year
wait 2 years for body to get back in shape to make another baby have 2nd baby in 2013
oooh - 35 !

Think I heard once woman have around 400 eggs? That's... 33.3 year's worth if you have 12 periods a year... so take the age you started menstruating, and add 33.3, and that could be when you 'run out'... But I only think I heard it, could've made it up one day when I was bored!

There's definitely a finite amount of eggs.
Baby girls are born with millions of eggs. 300,000 of them remain as 'potentials' but only about 400 eggs are released from the ovary.
Each month a number of eggs are 'matured' ready for release but normally only one makes it.

Oh, poor things! All those eggs lined up ready for the off....

I will be cutting it real fine to finish this degree, start work as a nurse and have a baby.

Perhaps you need to look at your priorities?

My older brother and his partner are struggling to get pg, and I fear they've left it too late. They've been trying a number of years already and are now going through the processes with surgical proceedures..

If you really want to be a mummy, perhaps something has to give?

I'm going to be sacrificing my career (in the long term) - I am in Advertising - not a career that I'll be able to return to easily after having children!

It was nice to see this thread. I'm 35 and been talking with my husband about ttc #1 sometime this spring. I'll be 36 this summer and just feel like putting it off any longer would be tempting fate.

Hi and welcome!

I have just turned 32 and hope to start in March, although I have a gynocological problem that might mean waiting a bit longer. It is good to see people in their 30s here!

A conversation with my OH today makes me wonder what you gals would do?....

I just thought that we'd have all the tests during pregnancy - in particular the one for downs.
He's adamant that we shouldn't have it - 'cos of the risks involved - and that test should be reserved for the 'older' mums.

What would you do?

I won't be having any tests. I work in the disability field so know what would be ahead and wouldn't want to know to be honest. I would rather find out after the birth and deal with it then.

My SIL went through the tests and the doctors had some concerns. It was nothing in the end but they were so stressed out for the first 4-5 months of the pregnancy.

I don't want the tests, but OH did mention them the other day... which surprised me about him...

I guess we'll got for all the non-invasive tests and hope that our bean's OK...

Hi everyone

I'm new here and ttc for the first time this month.. I know I'm probably the oldest ever on here at 39... (eek) but still hopeful though

Hi everyone

I'm new here and ttc for the first time this month.. I know I'm probably the oldest ever on here at 39... (eek) but still hopeful though

Well never fear, I am here to make you feel better. I just turned 43 and we have started TCC for our first. My sister had her first at 40, so I am hoping I get lucky. Good luck to you all. :dust:

Ha !

I forced my man to watch 3 baby programmes this morning - He's barely used to the idea of trying for a baby - but I just can't help myself.

I love watching baby and birth programmes!!! DH goes and plays X box!!!! Lol x

Me too, I have found a channel on Virgin, Home and Health, Channel 275. Loads of great programmes. Especially one called Portland Babies, women who have their babies at Portland Hospital...the one where Posh had hers! Shouldn't watch it though, they have a lovely large private room all to themselves, a private family room downstairs and tv and double bed, for partners and family if they want to stay over....with a dedicated midwife and consultant on call 24/7. Oh how I wish, love watching it though. :wohoo::wohoo:

Also, a programme called Taking Baby Home, follows couples taking home their first child, and follows them for the first 48 hours to see how they cope...its a good insight.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->