Older first time TTC?

there was a recent two part programme on BBC3 - you just have to keep looking. The ones which show births are actually quite reassuring to someone like me who hasn't done it before and only remembers the worst bits people tell you!!!!! x

Dammit ! I missed those.
Just posted a thread asking about baby programmes.
Home Birth Diaries has really got me thinking about how I'd love to give birth naturally without everyone taking over.

And... when the babys out... when you're at home - you can just hold it and share its first few minutes of life.
but at hospital - they take it away, clean it up, weigh it, tag it - and then you get a chance to hold it.

Naturally - I plan to be an absolute picture of calm and motherly serenity.
:rofl:

This is quite a funny BFP moment on BBC's Pulling... It's the first minute, so no need to sit through credits etc.!

Hey hun. That's the thing... One day you just realise that you want to start a family.

As soon as it dawns on you then straight away isn't soon enough!
I think thats the same for everyone - no matter how old they are....

Have you decided on a TTC date yet?

Maybe you could focus on getting your body ready while you're waiting....
https://www.babyandbump.com/waiting-to-try/86631-qi-tips-get-you-ready-conception.html

Thanks very much, it's been for the last year and a half that I've been pulling my hair with wanting. Hubby has reached the wanting point now as well, so it's even harder. I think you're right, it's almost like a switch was flicked at some point, where suddenly you just really want a family, and that switch doesn't seem to ever turn off again, even if you're also a bit afraid.

I thought that was a lovely thread, and had not known about the importance of zinc, so very helpful. I started a thread of my own too, I confess. https://www.babyandbump.com/waiting-to-try/90313-preparing.html

I have a question, how many of you have friends with kids? As I said in my last post, none of my friends will be having kids (unless they end up with surprises) for quite a few more years, and I'm worried I might get a bit lonely for companionable female company, ie, other mums. What about the rest of you?

Hi All, I'm new to the forum. I'm 35 this month and my OH and I have been TTC for 8 months. The clock is ticking!! I wish you all luck and loads of baby dust! xxx

Leakieloux - 8 months and still going strong - Respect to you!
This is my 1st cycle so I've the highest hopes that our bean will stick.
(fully expecting the stoopid :witch: to turn up and ruin the magic though!)

One of my friends had a baby girl last year - but they kind of shut their lives down and only really see their family now - whenever we ask to go see them they're always too busy with something or other so we've kind of lost contact. (Wonder if its us!!!!)

My closest friend is 37 weeks and HUGE !
They're hoping to have 3 children so with our 2 in the mix we should have some long-term playdates! It's been great to watch her go through it all and I've learned so much.
Might have already said this but ... We went to see her last week and burst into tears when I saw their wardrobe - honestly... all these little clothes on their hangers - lined up and ready for a new baby boy. We both broke down!
I was so very jealous at the start but now I know that we're TTC and I can learn from her experience... now I'm just excited for her.

I guess I'm very lucky to have her - but I know you meet so many women at anti-natal classes - and she met ladies at PG yoga classes. And there's the buddy finder on this forum.
I'm going to wait 'till I'm properly PG before I look for ladies in Kent...

Thanks for that, that's what I've been hoping. Lamaze too, maybe, as Mum met a friend at Lamaze and her son was born only 2mos before me and we're all still in touch. I had also thought I'd like a pregnancy yoga class, as I take yoga as it is and won't want to stop!

I have to stop myself from crying when I see baby clothes in the stores! I love that you get to have such a close friend and have had/will have a preview, as it were! Should be lovely to have all your little ones running around and playing together, not to mention that Mummy friendship that is unlike anything else! Happy for you!

Our gym offers aqua aerobics that might be OK but not pg specific.
Lamaze is a new one to me - what's that?

Hi all,

I have just turned 32 and we are trying in Mach (when I have been taking folic acid for 12 weeks). I have only gotten broody in the past couple of years and am still very nervous about the whole thing.

Myself and my partner are people of extremes so keep thinking it will happen straight away or not for ages. Stupid way to think really but I can't help it.

I know how you feel... I'm pretty sure I'll go through a couple of m/c before my bean sticks!
and not in a depressive, self-hating way... just being practical really.

Yeah, maybe it's better to be pessimistic and then if it happens quickly all the better. The problem with me is that I am a glass half full person!

I'm getting a bit like that... keep thinking that this (cycle 1 of ttc) will be the one... it'll either be this one or 18 months down the line!!

It's gonna be hard to keep optimistic if it doesn't happen in the firstmonth as i will then be thinking that it will probably take ages!!! So know how you guys feel!!

Mork I agree - Im not sure how strong I am to how positive I can be if nothing happens

Our gym offers aqua aerobics that might be OK but not pg specific.
Lamaze is a new one to me - what's that?

I would think so, I've read that being active during pregnancy makes recovering physically after much easier.

Lamaze class: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lamaze

Do you think the pessimism is due to age?!

being active during pregnancy makes recovering physically after much easier
Yeah! I hoped so... am going to be very active in the coming months!

I think its a TTC thing....
Now we're ready to do it - if we're not actually :sex: making babies then we're online talking about when to :sex: to make babies!

I've moved on from worrying about if I'll get a BFP and straight onto - what if I m/c !
The girls in the m/c section are wonderfully down to earth about it - seems there's not much you can do to prevent it.

Oh gosh... Why can't I be 16 months PG - with a big, beautiful bump, wearing lovely flowing dresses - taking a lovely summery walk with my OH and our dog in the countryside....

ahem... back to work !

Oh gosh... Why can't I be 16 months PG - with a big, beautiful bump, wearing lovely flowing dresses - taking a lovely summery walk with my OH and our dog in the countryside....

Coz you wouldn't dare to be that far away from a loo in your condition?! :dohh:

:dohh:

Does that mean my day-dream of being all calm and mother-earthly while in labour might not be accurate either?!
:rofl:

I am 30, I will be 31 in April and have 1. suffer from a pregnancy and childbirth phobia, 2. still want kids and 3, have signed up to start a nursing degree in September? I am consumed with concern about when I am going to be able to start a family and it getting too late. How late, is too late?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->