older yummy mummy thread (30+)

Hi Scally :wave:, I've just finished my maternity but have been granted a 12 month career break, I do miss the 'normality' sometimes but I'm not ready to leave Evie just yet x

I've been lurking again, sorry :dohh:

It feels like all the babies have been going crazy with wakenings :headspin:

H has 4 molars all swollen under her gums, so at least we have an explanation for the waking, picky eating and refusal to brush teeth (although thankfully I had already pieced the clues together this time :winkwink:)

I feel terrible for the amount of calpol she must have had in the last month, but I'm not sure what else to do.

Bless little Hazel, teething is horrible! Evies getting more through but she's been really good, we've not needed the calpol yet but I'll def give it her if she does, don't feel bad :hugs:, if it makes her that little bit more comfortable in the short term then that can only be good x

I really hope this new crap sleep is due to teething. He's had signs of his molars coming in for months, but now there are signs he might get some incisors as well. In any case, he really is due a tooth after 8 months of teething.

Aw Seity I hope it is too, Evie doesn't like sleep either so I never know if it is her teeth bothering her or just Evie being Evie!

Welcome Scally:hi:

It's nice to know that we aren't the only ones getting up in the night ( small comfort when you see total darkness).
Emily is going back to swimming lessons tomorrow so I am hoping that will help induce a full nights sleep[-o<

owen finally cut a tooth! he still has loads to go though and i feel that i wont get a good night's sleep for the next 2 years :dohh:

H has 4 molars all swollen under her gums, so at least we have an explanation for the waking, picky eating and refusal to brush teeth (although thankfully I had already pieced the clues together this time :winkwink:)

QUOTE]

Izzy cut all her first molars at the same time, sleeping was difficult, she didnt eat for two weeks! (we ended up feeding her purees again), and she was soooo clingy! i hate teething! hope she feels better soon x

:hi: Sorry for lurking more than contributing lately. Alyssa has had a cold, is teething and has been sleeping really badly the past few days. Throw in working full time on top of that and you've got yet another exhausted mommy!

Seraphim, hope H feels better soon :hugs:

xx

Hi Scally :wave:, I've just finished my maternity but have been granted a 12 month career break, I do miss the 'normality' sometimes but I'm not ready to leave Evie just yet x

Ahh lucky you!! :flower: I'd love to be able to do that :hugs:

seraphim - ouch to molars :hugs: dont worry about the calpol, children metabolise paracetamol much more efficiently that adults :hugs:

anna - get well soon Alyssa :hugs: Alex is just brewing another cold :dohh: here we go again *sigh*

maybe - whoop whoop for Owens tooth :happydance:

Alex keeps waking all sweaty and clammy but no temp. I think its just the latest cold taking hold. I think I am in for a bad night, hence putting off going to bed and staying up until stupid o'clock which really doesnt help :dohh:

amy - i do the same and put off going to bed and then when i do he wakes up :dohh:

anna - poor you! you sound rushed off your feet! hope alyssa is better soon :hugs:

Funny story...I had to go to our local school yesterday to pick up donations ( I donate my time to our local food bank ).
I haven't been in there before so I stopped what I thought was a student to ask for directions to the office.
She told me that she didn't know either since it was her first day on the job as a teacher !!
OMG..she didn't look a day over 12 yrs old !
All the teachers when I went to school we "old", at what point did the teachers get younger than me ?

^^ :rofl:

Thanks everyone, really lovely to be spurred on through the hazy sleep-deprived days.

I don't know how anyone is managing this and a full time job! :blush:

Anyone else feeling the new-year-need to get a hair cut/dye and some new clothes? Think I might have gotten a bit too 'comfy' lately :headspin:

maybe - Alex either wakes the minute I decide to go to bed or just as I am falling asleep :dohh: do you have any plans to move Owen in with Dylan or Erin? We also have 3 beds and I think Alex will be in with us until he needs to move into a bed!

future_numan - :rofl: I know what you mean :haha:

seraphim - I've definately got too comfy and I'm back at work in 4 weeks so I was thinking I need some decent clothes and non-nursing bras! :haha:

seraphim - i got my hair done before christmas. my goal for the new year is a 10kg weight loss!

amy - owen will eventually go in with dylan. we will raise dylan's bed on stilts first and put the drawers under and the cot where the drawers are now and after that bunk beds! that is if owen ever decides to sleep through. he'll be in with us (or rather me as OH is still on the sofa most nights :haha: ) til then!

maybe - Alex either wakes the minute I decide to go to bed or just as I am falling asleep :dohh:

H still does this to me... turning the light off in a minute... you wait and see she'll be calling :headspin:

good to know all our kids are little monkeys! owen is currently bf and snoring at same time :haha:

Seraphim : I have found that I have not just fallen but also buried myself in "comfy" it has gotten so bad that I get up in the morning, shower and put on clean P.J's:blush:
I think I just found since the winter has set in that since I won't be going out that day I might as well be comfy.
I also would love to loose about 40lbs ( all of which I have put on SINCE having the baby :shy:)
I have never had anytime off of work since I finished school 18 yrs ago..not even a vaction lasting longer than 3 days...so this being home has been a little too good..now it's time to shape up:bodyb:
Just can't seem to motivate myself:haha:

maybe - Yay tooth!
seraphim - I got myself some new skinny clothes for Christmas. I've been back at work full time for over 8 months, so no 'comfy' clothes for me.
amy - The same happens here. He wakes just as I'm going to bed delaying it for another 30 min, or he wakes just as I'm falling asleep. I think the second is worse, so I often delay going to bed.

We've actually had a good night last night. He only woke twice. FX'd I get more good nights than bad from now on.

amy - The same happens here. He wakes just as I'm going to bed delaying it for another 30 min, or he wakes just as I'm falling asleep. I think the second is worse, so I often delay going to bed

Urgh, I agree! you think you've got away with it and you're just settling into a nice slumber and then you hear them twitching and moaning and think nooooo! :)

We've actually had a good night last night. He only woke twice. FX'd I get more good nights than bad from now on.
- wow! thats brilliant!

maybe - Alex will be in with us for the forseable future too - someone told me its against the law to put a younger brother in with an older sister but I've never heard that!!

future - have you got any upcoming events you can motivate yourself for? Its so easy to pick being at home isnt it! Its a good job Alex makes such a mess or I'd be eating all his leftovers too :sick:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->