older yummy mummy thread (30+)

future - last week on the diet was the worst as it was the 1st week. this week is much better. am doing weight watchers which helps as you can still eat what you want.

seity - well done gabriel for giving mummy a better night :thumbup:

amy - owen'll probably be in school before he moves out of our room at the rate he's going :rofl:

are any of you girls broody? i am really broody right now but no way i'm telling OH as he'd have a fit :haha: he doesnt want any more. maybe i can convince him in a year or so, or when owen sleeps through :haha: probably not though :nope: plus our 3 bed flat is quite small and there's no way we can afford the at least £250,000 mortgage for a 4 bed.

maybe, I have been wanting another one but as of yet it hasn't happened ( we have only been trying for 4 months )
I loved being pregnant and having an infant ( even through the sleepless nights )
I am a SAHM so we want one more but thats it. DH and I agree that we aren't young anymore and I think two is a good number for us .

maybe - So not broody, not since I got my first contraction. I can't even feel happy for others when I hear they are pregnant. I just feel sorry for them. Even the idea of having a second child makes me shudder in horror. No way!

I feel broody but same, no WAY I'd tell DH :-$ I think I actually feel the broodiest I have ever felt but I think thats becasue I know Alex is my last baby and also becasue I've loved every minute with him. Even the sleepless nights are worth it to have him :winkwink:

future_numan - :dust: I hope you get lucky soon, I'd love to be a SAHM :thumbup:

Is that £250k for a 4 bed flat? :shock:

I can't say I'm broody either, although watching one born every minute makes me want to go through labour again (strange I know and I've no idea why!!!) but the sleepless nights really get me down, some nights I just don't see the point in going to bed as I know we will be up every hour or so.

We have said that we would like 2 children and hubby would love to try again now but I am so not ready, maybe this time next year!

Hope it happens for you very soon f_n x

amy - i think we are exactly in the same boat :haha: oh well we shall just have to cherish every moment! (and babysit our friends babies when they have them!)

future - good luck ttc! fingers crossed this will be your month!

seity - was your labour a bad one?

mnorbury - prices in gibraltar are ridiculous and it's not like they are big flats. our current flat is 3 bed 1 bathroom and cost £175,000 and we spent £20,000 putting in new floors and a new kitchen and bathroom as the ones it was sold with were awful! and it's only about 80m squared! oh i hear you with the up every hour thing but funnily enough i would like another but like you say in a year or so. not going to happen tho!

seity - was your labour a bad one?
It was apparently a good one as far as labors go (Are any not completely sucktastic?). The midwife kept commenting that it was more like a 2nd baby then a first. I got to the hospital 4.5 hours before he was born and only pushed 3 times, so less than 5 minutes pushing. Maybe because it came on so hard, it was worse than for someone who's labor takes longer? I never got a break between contractions. I could feel then next one building while I was still in the middle of one. Everyone always said there was a break where you got to catch your breath. Lies! I also hated the shivering. I absolutely hate being cold, so that didn't help. The two hours on the intrathecal before it wore off were brilliant though. 100% pain free.
I think most of you ladies must get hormones that I didn't or something because you all seem to forget what it was like and the early days with a newborn too. I remember every detail vividly. Maybe, that's the real problem. :shrug: The 10.5 months of waking every 2 hours has certainly been a good deterrent to wanting another baby as well.
I love Gabriel to pieces. I love that I'll never have to go through all this again even more.

Broody? OH YES!
Lots of the friends I made here while expecting Alyssa have had or are about to have their second babies.

Oh... and AF was due yesterday and hasn't arrived ...

:flower:

:happydance::happydance: fingers crossed for you! x

Broody? OH YES!
Lots of the friends I made here while expecting Alyssa have had or are about to have their second babies.

ooooo how exciting!!!! when will you test??? :happydance: :hugs:

anna - how exciting!!! when are you testing? i hope you get a :bfp:

Well, the longest my cycle has been since coming off Cerazette almost a year ago is 28 days. Today is CD28 and no sign of AF yet... so maybe in the next couple of days?

You're right. Still feel sad though. Would have thought that by now I would be getting a :bfp: if I was pregnant. Period is 4 days late, at least by my slightly irregular cycle.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->