%% OLDIES But GOODIES %%

Hopefully I can remember what everyone had said and what my responses were going to be!

Katie ~ I'm so glad all is well with your pregnancy after all! :happydance:

Terri ~ Sorry about the low numbers, but hopefully that lucky sperm was in there and all will work out well. :winkwink:

Kfs ~ Sorry about the sa results. :hugs:

Ttcinseattle ~ Good to see you! Glad all is well with you. :flower:

ERose ~ How much is IVF normally without insurance?

With all the talk about sa's recently, I got to thinking yesterday that if this month doesn't work out, getting my DH to do a sa. I used to get pg so easily, but it's been 7 years since I last got pg. And this time so far since August, I have 6 failed cycles, 7 if current cycle is also bfn, one cycle where I did not O, and 3 cycles where we took a break. I've been through 10.5 cycles since August 4! One of the break cycles, we DTD unprotected because DH wasn't thinking I guess, and I wasn't going to remind him, right before o, and still didn't get pg. So technically, one of those break cycles, could have been a chance. DH will be 43 in July, so I want to check that out in case his sperm have diminished in the last 7 years. Actually won't know if any diminishing happened since he's never done a sa before. We never got there since I always at least got pg. Any issue we had was obviously me and my LPD. But, at least it will tell us what his sperm are like now. Sorry for my rambling. :haha:

Sis ~ Sorry about the throwing up. :hugs: That is never fun. I hope you are feeling better.

Feeling a Lil better this AM I think the smoothie didn't mix well w my Salad!! :nope:
My temps are back to the norm and I got a BFN so no hope there oh well !
It did get really cold here last nite so FX that lowered my temps but I'm not holding my breath!

Terri do u feel less bloated less pain if so u probably Od FX ur temp was just off this Am!! :)

:hi: to everyone else!!!

Momof3-It can't hurt to get a SA, and if it will make you feel better, go for it!

Sis-Yeah, there is much less bloating today and I am actually feeling better. Whatever is going to happen is going to happen. I just know what I'm doing next time if I need it.

Now I can focus on my crab feast (it's Saturday!)and hubs' birthday tomorrow. That's more fun to think about right now. My sisters are coming to town tomorrow night and will be leaving Sunday night. I haven't seen them since Christmas. yay!

Sounds like a Plan Terri its always nice to get away from the TWW waiting game it's the worse I think !!

Look at me looking for lines when I know the chances are slim to none and my chart throwing me for a Loop among other things!! :nope:

I'm glad u are feeling better!!! :hugs:
U might want to think about getting a BBT thermometer so u can see the Lil jumps here and there it makes a big Difference !!
Also u might want to wait a day to see if u get that temp jump on your own b4 u start the P did u call your nurse to let her know your temp is still the same??

Hi Mischief, nice to see you! GL with the IUI! I had mine 15 days ago. Unfortunately BFN here. AF still hasn't arrived, but I feel her coming on for sure!

kfs, terri..... A girl in my TTC#1 thread had her DH's sperm count quadruple after a few months of taking Fertileaid, which I think Wish mentioned. He went from 11M to 44M or something like that (I'd have to go back and look). It may have gone down again on her most recent IUI, but I honestly can't recall off the top of my head. I just know I've heard great things about it. Another girl on that thread said her DH has been taking Clomid (which I didn't even know could be used as a treatment for sperm count) since November, and his skyrocketed....? Anyway, just don't lose hope, because like Sis and Wish said, there are lots of ways to boost it.

Oh, and Terri, I'm sorry your temp didn't jump today. With all the bloating you had and everything, it sounded like you really did O. So, you're supposed to start taking the P supps soon? Did they already test your P before this? I dont know, I was glad my RE wanted to do a blood test before giving me supps because I wanted them to confirm the ovulation and also see whether my body produced enough P on its own. But that's just my curious nature.

MomOf3, the prices my RE was quoting me without insurance were anywhere from $13,500 up to $17,000, depending on if you did any of the other assisted techniques they have. I think Moni mentioned ICSI, which is where they inject the sperm directly into the egg instead of just letting them hang out in the dish together and finding each other :winkwink:. And then there's something else where if the outer layer of the fertilized egg is very thick, they can take some of that outer layer off before transferring it, so that it has a better chance of implanting successfully... something like that. I just learned some of this stuff last night at the IVF seminar actually, lol.

Look at me looking for lines when I know the chances are slim to none and my chart throwing me for a Loop among other things!! :nope:

Big :hugs: to you Sis. I'd be looking for lines too, I'm sure! Isn't that what most of us spend half our time doing. Don't give up on this cycle though... you're still only 10dpo.

No, I didn't call anyone. :cry: I'm not going to stress just yet. I didn't even use opks this time because I was trying to be relaxed-HA! If I don't have a jump tomorrow, I'm taking an OPK. I also started the progesterone this morning. I'll take another tonight. Maybe that will boost my temperature. The center never tested my progesterone, and I'm guessing it is because they give everyone pills, so why bother.

Yeah, ERose, I saw beaglemom on an assisted conception board, with her wonderful statistics. :) I'll ask hubs if he would be willing to take fertilaid for next time. Yeah, it would be good to get in his system now, but I'm not going to ask him until we find out about this cycle.

I have seen that a lot... most REs giving P supps without even knowing whether the patient is low on it or not. My RE doesn't give them unless her patient is low on it, so I have not been taking them since it was in normal range. If I had gotten a BFP, she would've done another P test at the same time as testing my hcg to make sure my P was still where it needed to be. Is my RE the only one out there that does it like that?

Yes, it was beagelmom. :) Ya know, I haven't checked out the assisted conception forums yet. I've been chatting with her for quite some time on our TTC#1 threads that she's been starting each month, and she did mention some IUI threads, but I never did check them out. I think I will probably start getting involved in the IVF threads though. Its so much more involved, that it might be good to chat with some of those ladies, read success stories, whatever.

Terri if u take a OPK it will be ++++ due to the HCG and the P will bring your temp up that's why I always wait to take it a few days after my temp jump to verify I Od!! HTH

Erose I think most DR give P w Assisted Conception cuz it was a altered cycle basically but ifu don't need it I wouldn't bother the Vag bullets Sux!! :haha:
Plus u get symptoms from the P so u never know what's what!!

Going to work on the game room since I didn't get far last nite due to feeling sick!!

terri- sorry your temperature didn't jump- fx for tomorrow!

sis- glad you're feeling better! And still early to see that line!

kfs- sorry the SA results weren't better. I hope some of these suggestions help- it's good that your Dr sounds optimistic about improvements!

AFM- I don't know what my body is doing. I don't know if or when I ovulated since I think my temps are all over the place due to being on holiday last week and temping vaginally for the first time this month, plus my times haven't been as consistent. But today I've had cramps and brown spotting when I wipe, and yesterday I felt really emotional. Tues I felt really sick (headache and nausea), so I wonder if AF is coming early- or if I've had another anovulatory cycle that's just ending early.

Katie that's such fantastic news!
Hi all.x

Fezzle-Hmmm..i was thinking that your temps would stay up and you'd get crosshairs too. Very interesting. This time you're on a stronger dose of metformin, right? Sorry you are totally in limbo. That has to be irritating. Guess you'll find out in a couple days, huh?

Thanks Sis-You always know how to make me feel better. Now I won't worry about the OPK and just save it for next time.

ERose-I didn't join any of the Assisted Conception threads, I was just looking around. There was a May IUI one, but I'm not going to join it. I'm not being mean, but I hate reading through all the quotes upon quotes that people do :haha:, so I'll wait for the next one, perhaps. It's not a bad idea to check out the IVF stuff. There is a lot of good information out there.

I know- I put in some fake high temps for the next couple days and FF isn't giving me anything. I went up to 1000mg of Metformin early this cycle. At least it's making for an interesting "TWW". I'd rather take this than another long cycle where it looks like I ovulated and then don't get either AF or a BFP.

Fezzle I would say discard the high temps at the beginning of your chart!! :shrug:

Well I just got a call from my Hollistic Dr and just as I expected I have MTHFR the AC1298 kind(2 variants)that only 30% of the population carry !!! :(
Why didn't my DR run this like they should have I might still be PG !!! :nope:

Off to do more research

Fezzle I would say discard the high temps at the beginning of your chart!! :shrug:

Well I just got a call from my Hollistic Dr and just as I expected I have MTHFR the AC1298 kind(2 variants)that only 30% of the population carry !!! :(
Why didn't my DR run this like they should have I might still be PG !!! :nope:

Off to do more research

Oh Sis, I'm so sorry to hear this. I didn't know what this was, so I just now googled after reading your post. Do you have any of the symptoms? Is there a treatment for this while PG then?? I wonder if this is something that was included with all my genetic testing the first day I saw my RE. There were so many things on the list and I didn't recognize hardly ANY of them.

Yes u should have been tested !!!

When I looked back over my test after my MC I noticed mine wasn't done cuz the old DR didn't send in enough samples it has to be seperate!!!

Yes to the symptoms I've been having issues since DS2 Was born went to a ton of Dr that just gave me Meds
Finally found out about my Thyriod a yr ago and thought that was it but I still have symptoms so I'm glad I asked to be tested plus it might help my Mom and Sis too since its inherited!!

Oh and I've been taking a ton of Folic Acid for TTC and my body can't process it so that's not good!! :nope:

Sis-I was tested for that and Lenka's from my TWW thread she had it or was on the border (if there is such a thing). I'll ask her again what her doctor said. What kind of symptoms do you have with that? Let us know what you find out.

Fezzle-true about your chart. Sooner or later you will get the perfect combo of meds.

AFM-just relaxing again tonight. I got my toes painted so I'm ready for the party and I got some new clothes. Of course, I'm like 'will you be able to tell I'm preggers with this shirt? Will the print hide anything?' Ha ha. Some moments I'm feeling really positive.

I know- I put in some fake high temps for the next couple days and FF isn't giving me anything. I went up to 1000mg of Metformin early this cycle. At least it's making for an interesting "TWW". I'd rather take this than another long cycle where it looks like I ovulated and then don't get either AF or a BFP.

It looks to me like you could've O'd! Maybe like sis said, you could remove some of those earlier higher temps and just see what FF does. I'm assuming you didn't use OPKs?

Sis-I was tested for that and Lenka's from my TWW thread she had it or was on the border (if there is such a thing). I'll ask her again what her doctor said. What kind of symptoms do you have with that? Let us know what you find out.

Fezzle-true about your chart. Sooner or later you will get the perfect combo of meds.

AFM-just relaxing again tonight. I got my toes painted so I'm ready for the party and I got some new clothes. Of course, I'm like 'will you be able to tell I'm preggers with this shirt? Will the print hide anything?' Ha ha. Some moments I'm feeling really positive.

Terri, gooood!!! Stay positive and optimistic! That's the best way to be. :thumbup: Watch your temp probably jump up tomorrow. And even if it doesn't right away, it could just be that you didn't produce enough P after O, and since you're using the P supps, that takes care of that. :) Visualize sperm meeting egg. Positive thoughts bring positive things!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->