%% OLDIES But GOODIES %%

Doc called and my levels never improved so se doesn't think it's viable. She said we could try again right away, so now I'm just waitin for AF.

Mischief - I'm so unbelievably sorry. I know you must be feeling a roller coaster of emotions right now. Sending big :hugs: your way.

Mischief-Wait...did she say what your levels were? Doctors don't get to think. They have to report back with facts. No one asked her if the pregnancy was viable. You asked for your numbers. Your temperature is still high and I think you just have a slow riser. Keep temping, ok? I sound angry because I am...I think you have a good shot. :growlmad:

kfs1-Oh no!! So sorry for your DH. That is just terrible. He was so excited about the opportunity. Is he doing ok? Yeah, I guess shake it off, and hope for another position around the corner.

I'm about to go get my bike from the shop and then watch soccer and THEN go to the Orioles game again, but I just got my protocol for IVF, and I will basically be taking the month of July off, and the egg retrieval and transfer will be early to mid August depending on how everything grows. I'm getting pretty excited about it. I picked up my BCP last night and I will start taking them this Friday.

For anyone that gets bored easily, you can stop reading now. hee hee. I am to take the BCP for 21 days. Sometimes it's a shorter period depending on what your doctors say, but since I have two vacations in July it's going to be difficult working around them with appointments and such. So...I do the BCP for 21 days. During that time, I have to get a saline HSG (basically) and a mock transfer (July 16). They will do a pretend embryo placement, and take measurements on a stick of my cervix (?) to find out exactly where to put my blastocyte once it's fertilized and 3 to 5 days old (I think 5). I will also be going to an IVF class on the 17th and I think hubs will go with me. It's about 45 minutes long and it's an individual class. I decided to pass on the $45 injection class because a)I'm a smart girl and can watch videos and You Tube and figure out how to inject myself and b) I have done the injections for IUI, so I'm feeling confident. I realize that I'm already spending an arm and a leg, so what's 45 dollars, but for me, it's called dinner out. HA!!HA!! Once I finish with the pills, classes, mock transfer, I take a few injections (TBD exactly how much and which ones), and then I will get monitored by ultrasound every day for X amount of days until my follicles are the right size. THEN, I do the trigger shot in my butt, and then I go in for egg retrieval around August 7-11. 3-6 days after that I go back for the embryo transfer and WAIT....

Ok..the bored ones can come back now. So..I'll be pregnant by early September!! hee hee. I'm having a spring baby, ya'll!! hee hee.

Kfs - awe TWINNIE so sorry about hubby not getting job BUT I have a feeling you guys will be having a baby instead so the job will be a blip on the road :hug:

Mischief- sorry about the results! I hope this is just a sign of your body getting into gear though and you're one of those people who gets pregnant more easily once your body has figured out how!

kfs- sorry your DH didn't get the job!

Terri- I read every word jut saying!!! Have fun on your trip!!! Wave as you go by Illinois!!!! A Labor Day BFP!!!! Yay!!! Maybe your baby will be born on your birthday!!!! Woooo hooooo!
:hug:

Mischief sorry if this does turn out to be a Chemical but like u said earlier NOW U know U CAN so Do!!! :hugs:

Terri have fun on your trip

Kfs1 sorry DH didnt get the Job but maybe something better is waiting around the corner!!

Mischief- so sorry...

Terri - I like the plan and am hopefully not farbehind!

Everyone else - FXed...

Mischief, big hugs! I'm totally with Terri though - what was your actual number? It didn't go up *much* or it didn't go up at all? I refuse to give up hope til you're actually out.

Teri, love your attitude - a spring baby! How lovely :) And definitely the best time of year to be pregnant. I'm ninjaing Erose's thread for info on you two and this whole IVF thing. I'm actually familiar with a lot of it, because like Katie (I think it was Katie?) I was an egg donor in my younger days. I've been meaning to ask, are you allowed to have sex while you're on the stim meds? I certainly wasn't (and since I wasn't trying to get preggers and had about two dozen fertile opportunities growing in there I was way too scared to!) but for those who are trying to get pregnant I've been curious if they say go for it.

KFS, I'm so sorry DH didn't get the job. It really felt like he was going to! Obviously he was high on their list. Maybe something will open up in the near future that they'll keep him in mind for. I hope he's not too bummed, and that baby news is around the corner to perk him up!

Driving and Radkat, excited to hear details soon about your test results/ultrasound appointment.

Hi to everyone else!

Mischief, I'm so sorry the news wasn't better! I was really hoping this was it for you. Make sure you are taking care of yourself!

Kfs1, that stinks DH didn't get the job, but like others have said, there is something bigger and better waiting for him! I hope he doesn't take it too hard!

So here's a proper update on me: I had my 6 month cardiologist appointment today, and it went well. I was worried that he'd want me to do another echo, but he said everything looked (sounded?) great! I'll only see him again while I'm pregnant if I feel like I need to. Otherwise I won't go back until January! :happydance: it was a big decision for us to risk another pregnancy, but now we are so glad we did.

Aside from being exhausted due to my work hours, I feel great! I need to remember to take my vitamins or I feel a little blah, but other than that I can't complain at all.

I've made a lot of progress in the baby's room and hope to finish most of the bedding this weekend. For those that asked, we are doing a golf theme. DH is a huge golfer and I think he is more excited about the room than me! Our walls are dark gray and accent colors are navy, green and turquoise. The crib will be white, but isn't in the room yet...I'll attach a few pics:

This armoire was plain pine wood, so I refinished it in a soft white. I found the knobs at Hobby Lobby and I love them. They look like hose bib knobs. DH had the golf prints, and they are from one of his favorite courses near where he grew up, Coeure d'Alene, Idaho. The colors for the room came from these prints.
https://i1260.photobucket.com/albums/ii576/VJPayne/imagejpg9.jpg

I found this dresser on Craigslist and it started my love affair with chalk paint! (Not to be confused with chalk board paint, as I had to remind DH numerous times!). I had to go to Austin to get it, but I love it! I took the lamp from my guest room and painted it turquoise. The changing pad cover in gray chevron will match the crib sheet.
https://i1260.photobucket.com/albums/ii576/VJPayne/imagejpg4.jpg

We made this shelf from a free pallet and painted it with olive chalk paint. I painted the letters on top, and made the little canvas blocks that spell "BIRDIE". I purchased the adorable golf hat and golf cleats from Etsy. Love them! The other items were things my DH had in his office at work. The print is from the same course in Idaho. The baby's middle name is Daniel, after DH's dad. (Yes, I got his first name from Keegan Bradley, for those that follow golf) :winkwink:
https://i1260.photobucket.com/albums/ii576/VJPayne/imagejpg1-1.jpg

I made the "K" canvas and the curtain. We found the antique golf club at an antique show. It's all wood with a leather grip. Super cool find!
https://i1260.photobucket.com/albums/ii576/VJPayne/imagejpg7.jpg

Bottom view of the curtains. The crib skirt will use these fabrics also.
https://i1260.photobucket.com/albums/ii576/VJPayne/imagejpg6.jpg

Well, you've probably seen enough pics. :haha: I'll update y'all again on the room when I get my crib in there and the bedding done! Thanks for reading this far, if you've managed to!

Love the room Vjean very cute!!!

Oh and yes on the other kinda of chalk paint I usually make my own I havent really bought any but I might for DHs office love the look on your stuff!! :)

Katie Driving , Vjean and Radkat I need EDD so I can update the front page I hope I'm not forgetting anyone been a Lil out of it for2 days!!! :shrug:

Katie - Enjoy the rest of your vacay!

Driving - I'm sure you're results will be good. Where are you going? As always, jealous of others vacations.

Nessaw - I'm so glad AF showed her face. Finally! :thumbup:

Fezzle - Sounds like you've got a great plan for moving forward.

Sis - It's great that you are supporting your niece. It's so hard to do that when TTC, esp TTCAL. Hang in there, sweetie. She's lucky to have you. BTW, my EDD is 2/16/14. Fx we get there.

Terri - Your regular nurse sounds great. Makes a big difference if they've been through the process, I would think. Nurse Susan sounds like a dud. Hope she isn't around for long. Fx AF doesn't mess with you too much. Yay for moving onto IVF. I love your positivity. I'm sure this will be the ticket! :happydance:

Kfs - Thanks for sympathizing with my US wait. In reality, it's really not that long, but you know... It feels long. Really sorry DH didn't get the job. Keep up that BD since your temp hasn't jumped yet.

Wish - HI! Hope things are good in your world. :hugs:

Moni - How nice that you and Terri can be IVF buddies. That seems helpful.

VJean - Maybe I missed/don't remember your heart problems. Was it something with your daughter's birth? Regardless, I'm glad to hear that everything is OK. And your nursery is adorable. Very impressed.

OK, here's my weirdness for the day... I have a kind of ache in my lower abdomen. Before I even got my BFP, I had it on and off and wondered if maybe I was developing a cyst. It feels like it could be in the area of my ovary. The pain comes and goes but yesterday and today it's been a bit stronger. Of course, I googled ectopic and I don't *think* that's it bc I haven't had any bleeding and the pain comes and goes, but still it's in the back of my mind. So my question for anyone who has had a cyst... Does the pain come and go, or is it constant? I'm really hoping this backs off and I can just have the US tech take a look next week. Ugh. :wacko:

I've been meaning to ask, are you allowed to have sex while you're on the stim meds? I certainly wasn't (and since I wasn't trying to get preggers and had about two dozen fertile opportunities growing in there I was way too scared to!) but for those who are trying to get pregnant I've been curious if they say go for it.

We are definitely encouraged to BD. I am sure you were told to abstain because you were growing those eggs for someone else. My sister also donated when she was younger - her son was conceived shortly after so we all think some of the fertility meds were still in her system.

Great pics of the room!!

Radkat, I developed post partum cardiomyopathy (also called peri partum when diagnosed during pregnancy, but my doc missed all the signs). Basically, it's super rare, congestive heart failure caused by being pregnant. Some women never recover and require a pacemaker or heart transplant, some women require meds for the rest of their life, and then some women are lucky like me- 5 different meds for almost a year and then recovery. Most cardiologists are old school and recommend that you never get pg again. There just isn't enough women that have it for there to be enough information out there. My cardiologist is AMAZING! He was fine with us having another baby as long as I passed my stress echo. I have a 25% chance of it occurring again, but so far, so good! By this point in my daughters pregnancy I was already in distress. This time has been a piece of cake.....knock on wood!

Oh, Radkat, I forgot...I had horrible ovary/cyst pain with this pg! Like I wanted to use a heating pad so bad! It lasted a couple of weeks and then went away...only to be replaced by round ligament pain. :haha:

Love the room, VJean!

I have to wait until 4pm to call for my blood test results. I'm not expecting any issues with the viral ones- the main thing is if the progesterone test showed that I ovulated or not. If I did, that's obviously great, but if not, at least it's another issue on my record for the referral. I was hoping AF would start by tomorrow though so I could get my Day 3 tests done before I go away- if she comes next week, I'll have to wait until the next cycle to get them done. Though if I didn't ovulated, who knows when she might come, especially since I had a few days of spotting and that might have been it!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->