%% OLDIES But GOODIES %%

ttcinseattle-Why is 2+ a good thing?

I just never got past 1+ in the weeks leading up to DS birth, hence 26 hours of labor! I'm hoping there's more early progress this time - there's certainly been enough cramping and twinging! If I'm not dilated much at all I will be bummed lol. I think I'm ready to meet this girl - even got the house professionally cleaned yesterday! Maybe if I get around to folding the clothes I washed for her she'll come ;)

Yay Sis! Congratulations! :happydance:

Girls - I'm so emotional today. I can't concentrate! I keep going back and forth with being OK and then back to being soooooo depressed. I'm prepared for IVF next month and am 100% ready but I just can't shake it! :cry: I'm having dinner with my girlfriends tomorrow night, one of whom is pregnant - all of them have kids. They know we've been trying but know no details whatsoever. They better not say anything stupid or I'm either going to cry or get really angry, depending on my emotional state at the time.

:hugs: kfs! I hope your dinner with friends is ok!

Yay Sis! Congratulations! :happydance:

Girls - I'm so emotional today. I can't concentrate! I keep going back and forth with being OK and then back to being soooooo depressed. I'm prepared for IVF next month and am 100% ready but I just can't shake it! :cry: I'm having dinner with my girlfriends tomorrow night, one of whom is pregnant - all of them have kids. They know we've been trying but know no details whatsoever. They better not say anything stupid or I'm either going to cry or get really angry, depending on my emotional state at the time.

I so know how you feel. I'm the only childless teacher on my team. Now the teachers on both sides of me are pregnant. One of them got pregnant her first month trying!!! They're going to be asking me to watch their classes for potty breaks every five minutes. :cry: I'm sure there will also be lots of "Don't drink the water!" comments, and I'll just be sitting there all infertile. :nope:

We're having game night at our friends' house tomorrow- they have two girls that were both conceived on the first try each time which our friend puts down to her 'not worrying about things'. I hope we don't have to hear that again!

Kfs - Sorry for the BFN. That sucks. I hope AF comes in and gets it over with. I hope your friends are respectful. Maybe you could share some small detail that would let them know what's going on? I don't know if you feel comfortable doing that. Might reduce the possibility of BS comments.

Sis - Look at that line! Lovely! :happydance:

Terri - Glad the frustration of all the shots is fading. Good luck with the big one tonight.

So I don't know how much I've talked about this, but we are going to move back to be by family after baby #2 is born. So we'll be announcing that along with the baby news. I'm totally excited to announce about the baby news, but not quite as excited to announce about the move. Of course, family will be ecstatic. I know it's a great decision so that our kids can grow up with their family nearby, but I think I just have a little sadness about leaving where we are now. Hmm, need to get over this before we announce!

KFS, *hug* - I am sorry. Also, you are not infertile!!!

Terri, I am already doing the extra work and was promised the promotion... I actually got some extra money already but more would be nice especially with my maternity leave, which means a prorated bonus. I am the main breadwinner (DH is highly educated and could make lots of $$ but he's saving the world working for a nonprofit, love him for it but someone needs to pay for two kids now). Boss was actually gracious, let's see how the promotion thing goes...

kfs1-I'm so sorry you're having a rotten day. I totally understand where you are too, except I don't have a lot of girlfriends to go out with. The few that I do hang with are usually talking about sports or something non family related. When they get a chance to leave the kids, they LEAVE the kid talk at home, so they are just like their normal fun selves. hee hee. I hope you have a great time at dinner and no one says anything. :friends:

Driving-That's great that your boss was understanding. You still might get the promotion! And if you're already doing the work, you might as well get some $$. Mama needs a new pair of baby shoes. hee hee. And, someone has to save the world. I'll go as far as recycling and being a foster dog mom. HA!!HA!!

Radkat-So will you be moving to the east coast, or the midwest, or somewhere still in California? It'll be ok...your family wants you near them, and you'll have babysitting. I think that is really important.

Mischief-Sorry to hear about your story too. You'll get those other teachers back next month! :hugs:

AFM-Hubs just left for the Ravens game....Go Ravens!! I'm going to be watching baseball. I can't get into football until the real season starts. My trigger is at 10pm tonight. I went to the library when I got home and got a few movies and a new book to read over the weekend, because I'm just going to be a lazy lima bean. I made a crock pot meal overnight (so dumb...I couldn't sleep because I kept smelling/dreaming of beef with onions and mushrooms), so i can eat that over the weekend along with wheat thins and granola. :) My retrieval is Saturday at 10a. We have to be there at 8:30. They said take off all jewelry except your wedding/engagement ring. I have never heard anything like that before..usually it's all jewelry, so I thought that was pretty random. Maybe a lot of people ask and they decided that they should just allow it. I have several piercings (4 in my ears), one in my nose, and one in my belly button, so I'll be taking everything off Saturday morning. And this is one of my favorite cartoons of all time. Yes, that used to be me too! Enjoy the laugh!

https://ci4.googleusercontent.com/proxy/MrjWwRlXSmUqYJ6aoZMBrrNgfbpLFz71ajWFSZVLn4LRebwZt6ZGZsCAkTgzyiyM6q_WCMDfFxy8l01l9nsV4iMIbZZGQy8vLqSKtTIEp-0wqOEdK26oN6Xcmockpu_I96GdVWMAMVIVEMdvkXL1BE3UiZvR8QJJRHbwQrT1=s0-d-e1-ft#https://www.laughness.com/media/images/a/att00073-25-apr-10-14-24-33.0dbad124c8d9ea08b62c836509476130.jpg

Terri.... Hope giving yourself the trigger shot goes odd without a hitch. :thumbup:

Driving....that's BS about the promotion if you don't get it due to te pregnancy. If it's something you want I hope your boss is open-minded enough to realize having a baby wouldn't hinder you from doing your job.

Kfs....FX none of them say anything out of pocket at dinner. If they do I cast my vote for letting the bitch tornado touch down. :haha: that'll teach them.

Sis...whoo-hoo!!!!!! :happydance:

Glad to know I'm not the only one w Multiple Holes :rofl:

kfs-*hugs* I'm sorry for the BFN. I only ever get stark white as well.

Terri-I hope the shot isn't too painful!!

TTC-And the labor countdown begins!!! I hope you are 2+!

Radkat-Are you moving within California or are you leaving the Golden State completely?

AFM-still some spotting but with a bit of mucus along with it. I hope that is a good sign! The cramping has stopped completely so yea!! Now just got to wait until I O!

I'm alive! The trigger shot wasn't bad at all. The nurse said to stab myself with some force, but I was scared, so I started out being delicate and it wasn't breaking the skin, so I pushed a little bit harder, and it went in. There was no stinging or anything. It seemed like a regular water shot. meh. That's all I can describe it as...I massaged the area for about 15 seconds afterwards, and that was that. Easy! I guess because the needle is longer you think it's going to be scarier or more difficult, but it wasn't. The needle is just longer. I then used alcohol to wipe the huge circle off my butt. hee hee. Maybe I would prefer butt shots over stomach shots. Hmmm....let me be quiet. I prefer NO shots.

Blues-You're in flatline city. I hope you O in the next day or so as well. Get to BD'ing.

:wave: to everyone else. It's finally Friday. What a week!

Well I finally have A line on a FRER that's not questionable :yipee: :headspin:

Glad the trigger went ok, terri!

Hurrah for a non-questionable line, Sis!

Happy Friday to everyone!

Terri - LOVE that cartoon you posted. I also think that's weird that they said no jewelry except for your wedding ring...? Bizarre! So happy to hear that the shot wasn't too painful. Tomorrow's the big day, huh? Absolutely 100% over the moon excited for you!! :happydance:

Sis - Yahoo for strong lines. :happydance:

Mischief - Love you girl. Your time will most CERTAINLY come and you'll be the PG amongst your friends.

Fezzle - Good luck tonight as well. You, too, will have your PG moment someday. I just know it!

Rad - That's so great that you're moving back to your family! My SIL is almost due with her second and she just moved back up to the Northeast for the same reason. They're very happy with their decision so far.

Driving - I'm sure you SO deserve that promotion. Fx!!!

Smiles - I'm ready to release my bitch tornado tonight if need be. heeheehee. :)

Blues - Hope that O comes soon so you can get to it!

Beta complete. Waiting for the inevitable. I'm SO ready for IVF it's not even funny.

Terri, yay for conquering the Big Needle! I am hoping you triggered a whole basketful of eggs!

Sis, so exciting!!

Rad, hope you are staying in CA still - I used to live in the Bay Area and missing it!

So, I think I felt movement. Could have been just gas :p but I think not. Pretty exciting! As to promotion/annoying boss - she has two kids herself but was not very nice to another of her reports who got pregnant (first question out of her mouth was, well, who will do your work, rather than congratulations)... With me she was all congratulatory at least.

Exciting, Driving! Glad things went well with your boss!

kfs1-Thanks..It's a great one. I was thinking about painful things and not really recalling anything until I remembered the pain of getting pierced in my prolactin sensitive areas. HA!!HA!! Ouchies...I had to wait tables that night, and could hardly breathe/move/walk. It was terrible.

When is the nurse going to call you? The good news is that in three days, you'll be back to getting bw/ultrasounds and starting BCPs. Did you already have your IVF consult? I can't remember.

Sis-I'm so happy your lines are getting darker. :thumbup:

Terri - She said she'd call sometime today. I'm meeting friends at 5:30 so hopefully a bit before then, just in case I need to get an emotional outburst out of the way. No - I haven't had my IVF consult yet. Will that delay things do you think? What does it involve?

If you know you're going to do that next (which you know), I would call them today and see if you NEED to have a consult or just find out what you need to do to start IVF right away. The sooner you call the better.

I had to do that before they started scheduling stuff (bloodwork/ultrasounds), and ordering meds...if you can have a consult, like say Monday, maybe you can start on your BCPs as soon as you get to CD3, and not skip a cycle. If not, you may have to skip this next cycle (do natural or another IUI) and start BCP on the next cycle, which would suck, because you have to do BCP or Lupron for at least a week or two. I'm not trying to push you, but we all know, we don't have time or patience to wait for another cycle anymore.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->