%% OLDIES But GOODIES %%

14!!! Wow! Those extra pokes were definitely worth it! Rest up, can't wait to hear how the next 5 days go with those babies :)

I'm alive!! hee hee.
All was pretty simple today. The anesthesiologist came in and was planning on putting the needle on the top of my left hand. After tapping on my hand and squeezing it, she said 'Here comes a sharp pinch.' Well, she couldn't get the needle and the vein to meet, so she pulled it out and said 'I missed it.' Then she said 'let me try again.' She put the needle back in and a sharp shooting sensation ran down my middle finger (it was like when your leg falls asleep but way more severe, or she hit a nerve or something), and I yelled 'My finger is numb!!! My finger is numb!!' and she quickly took the needle out. She said 'I have never experienced that before. Usually, people will have pain on the underside (like where you put perfume). Then she asked if I was right or left handed, and then I said 'Can you just put it in my elbow crook.' She did, and that seemed to be ok, but my hand HURT SO BADLY. It was hurting the remaining time I was waiting to go in for retrieval. Oh, and then my neighbor was screaming too when the lady put her needle in. hee hee. That doctor was TERRIBLE. I really hope I never have to go back to her again. I'll request someone else.

Retrieval was easy..they docs/nurses were just staring at me until I conked out, and next thing you know, my original nurse was like 'Great job, Terri. You had 14 eggs. That's the highest number so far today. Great job!' I said thanks, and ate some peanut butter crackers and drank water. Time seemed to fly by. After resting for about 20 more minutes, we left, and now I'm just parked on the couch watching tv. I am starting to feel a little bloated, but it's not terrible. I can walk upright at least. I'm going to skip church tomorrow, and I'll probably go in to work on Monday just in case I'm out on Tuesday for transfer. Tuesday will be 3 days, and Thursday will be 5, obviously, so I'm hoping for a 5 day, but we'll see what happens. I wonder why they don't do a 4 day transfer.

Thanks for cheering for me!

Sis-OMG yea for the dark line!
Terri-WOW I can't believe 14 eggs! Those extra days were so worth it!!!

Happy Sunday ladies just wanted to check in B4 I go finish up the school shopping!! :hi:

Terri so proud and excited for u u did good Momma!!! ;)

**UPDATE** got my beta back HCG 19 and P 28 so I gotta take more P at nite to keep it up but my numbers are good according to my nurse I go in the AM for another Blood draw!! :)

Great update, Sis...I had to start taking my progesterone too this morning. I have to take it 3x a day. It's a capsule with an applicator. I prefer an applicator over the old fashioned applicator-my finger. hee hee. Have a great day shopping. It's tax free week/weekend here as well, but you know, I don't shop in the mall anymore. :nope:

I got a call a minute ago. I'm glad I didn't go to church because I wanted to talk to the woman in person. Out of the 14 retrieved, 9 were mature (so that's basically the 10 that they saw on Thursday, I suppose), and out of those 6 fertilized. So, while it's not the best number, I'll take 6. I just hope they make it to the 5 day stage. I'm getting a little nervous, but it's all out of my hands now. fxfxfx.

Terri, looks like all is going well! 14 is a great number, as is 6 for fertilized. Are you doing PGD? How many does your clinic usually put back? The clinic I was talking to usually does 1 even for 40+ if they make it to 5 days and have normal pgd, because then the chances are really high.

I am not having genetic testing done. I don't remember them asking me about that, but maybe because they want to use all embryos, and I don't have that many to "waste" on testing. Now, you know I don't mean waste, but the younger people that have more eggs can use a few for testing. I don't really know, though. Maybe I just didn't check that box. hee hee. If one is completely normal after PGD, it makes sense to only put in one because the odds are good. I guess they will do a couple for me just in case they're not...:shrug:

From what I remember, I think they are going to put back 3-4 if they are good on Day 3, and then 2-3 if they are good on Day 5. I guess it depends on how they are growing. I checked the SART.org website, and they said that for someone who is 40, this is what is recommended, so I'm fine with that. If all 6 continue growing well, I'm fine with putting 2 or 3 back in and then saving 2 or 3.

Terri, I can't believe you are so close! I'd be happy with 6! Praying that the all look great on day 5. You'll be pg before you know it!

Sis, I'm so glad you got your beta yesterday! I can't wait to hear what your number is tomorrow. I'm also jealous you have your school shopping almost done. I think I'm going to take the easy way out and just shop online. I go out of town on Saturday and don't get back until the day before school starts. I've procrastinated way too long! :dohh:

As for me, just having a relaxing day at home with my DD. My Bigs are here, but I'm sure they won't wake up until late this afternoon. It's been a very stressful past two weeks, so today I have a date with my DVR! DH is golfing at TPC today, and they always seem to take ages on the nicer courses.

So I failed my 1 hour glucose test last week and then had to do the 3 hour on Friday. It was miserable. This baby already makes me hate sweets, so I didn't handle the glucola drink very well. I'm just glad I got it over with. I should have results Monday or Tuesday. I wouldn't be surprised if I failed. I just have a bad feeling! I also found out, as I expected, my iron is low so now I'm on an extra iron supplement. Hopefully it'll get me feeling better and more energy.

My ex-DH is also starting to be a pain in the butt. His child support can be increased thru the attorney generals office automatically next month, so he has started playing head games with my 14 y/o DS and has convinced him that he should move in with his dad. It breaks my heart, but I'm not giving up without a fight. His dad is selfish and the children are not his priority. He even said that to me in an email when I called him out for missing my DS's soccer games. :nope: He said "he has to do things for himself and make himself happy!". Yeah? Me too....in 18 years when the kids are grown and gone! The child support increase is pretty drastic, so I understand why he is panicking, but it's not fair to my son. I started taking him to a counselor last week so we can get a 3rd party opinion on what's best for him.

He said his dads house is better because:
1) he has more privileges. Probably true, because at my house, when you don't do chores you don't get privileges. If your room and bathroom are dirty (each kid has their own bathroom), then you better not be on the XBox! He has no supervision there because his dad is always doing his own thing.
2) they do more fun things. Also true, because my son plays club soccer year round, except for July. Therefore, when he is at his dads house in July they don't have to schedule anything around soccer practice and games.
3) they have an xbox one there.....my son's birthday is in October, so he'll get an xbox one for here then...I guess until that time his dads house will continue to be better.

All of these reasons make sense to a 14 y/o, and you just can't rationalize with him. That's one thing I'm hoping the counselor can help with. Clearly the other adult in his life is not going to help. It's frustrating and causing way more stress in my house than we all need right now.

On a positive note, we had a big end of summer/back to school pool party yesterday. It was fun, but exhausting! I think my DS had a good time though with his friends, and he and my DH played around a lot together. That made me happy to see! He's such a good kid, hopefully all this nonsense with his dad blows over, I just have to be prepared if it doesn't!

Hope everyone is enjoying their Sunday!

Terri, that sounds good! I don't know why the practice I was talking to was pushing PGD so hard - it was their answer to everything :) They did have great success rates but I've also read that you can lose embryos when doing pgd...

VJean, sorry about troubles with DS and ex. Isn't there court-ordered custody - I am sure a judge would be very supportive of your viewpoint and values. "I wanna go to dad's house because get to play on xbox and not do chores" is NOT in the best interest of a child.

Thanks Driving! Yeah, we have a custody agreement in place. I have possesion of both boys and dad gets them 1st, 3rd, 5th weekends, plus the month of July. So in order to change anything we can mutually agree and go to a mediator and draw up new papers (not happening!) or we can both lawyer up and go to court, which seems likely. My son is 14 so he is allowed to state where he would like to live, however, that is only a small portion of what the judge will look at.

When we were getting divorced I just wanted the kids and wanted him to go away. In exchange for signing the kids over to me, I agreed to a reduced child support rate and allowed him to keep his retirement. He is a GS 14, for those familiar with civil service jobs, and he pays $600 a month for two children. With the increase next month he'll pay a little over $1400! So I'm not surprised he's doing this. :nope: They only reason I may pursue the increase is because he agreed to pay 1/2 of additional expenses, but it's always an argument. Like does my son really need a letterman jacket and did my DD (19 now) really need a class ring? I don't want to have to ask him for anything. I'd just rather have him pay what he is legally obligated to pay and not have to worry about splitting extras.

Hi ladies, So so much to respond to...I'm almost back home from summer vacation in Michigan and will have a real, live computer to reply from. But just very quickly...Yay Sis, looking good!! Terri, anxiously watching your progress...very exciting! VJean, if ex didn't pay have to pay the increase, would the issue of him wanting your son to move in with him be a moot point? May not be worth the extra money if it means keeping him at home during these scary high school years when they need lots of supervision! My DH's adult kids were raised by him until they were teenagers and he actually parented them (novel concept). Well, their Mom had to start paying back child support and didn't like that one bit, so she convinced the kids to go live with her (they were teenagers) in Las Vegas and she gave them a lot more freedom and promised them cars for their 16th birthday and of course, the kids ran straight into her arms!!! They both lawyered up, too, and judge still let them go to their mom because they were old enough to decide....and mom had a job, wasn't a drug addict or anything like that. I'd just hate to see you lose custody during these crucial years!!

Terri and Driving what PGD are u talking about the only one I know is for Gender determination is that the same??

Vjean so sorry u r having to deal w the X my DH has 2 Bigs and I'm sure we will be dealing w some BS soon cuz the oldest will be 18 and child support ends!!
Hope he sees the light and stays put!!

Katie :hi:

Terri and Driving what PGD are u talking about the only one I know is for Gender determination is that the same??

Vjean so sorry u r having to deal w the X my DH has 2 Bigs and I'm sure we will be dealing w some BS soon cuz the oldest will be 18 and child support ends!!
Hope he sees the light and stays put!!

Katie :hi:

I'm not sure what pgd is specifically, but genetic testing is what I was talking about. They make sure there are no chromosomal defects and can also tell you the gender of the embryos. Someone on another board just did that and she had two boys and two girls. I think she transferred one of each. Cute!

Terri, man! I thought finding out gender at 12 weeks was early! I can't imagine finding out before I even implanted! Crazy! I know it's extremely helpful if there are sex related birth defects. Science is so amazing to me! (Yes, I'm a science nerd). :haha:

Sis, thanks!

Katie, so glad to here you are still doing great! Jealous you are on vacation! My DH and I have gone back and forth on trying to decide to fight this or not.... It isn't an easy decision, for sure. That's one of the main reasons we brought in a neutral counselor. If she says we should let him go to his dads, we'll seriously consider it, but it would kill me. We are also hoping the counselor will help my DS communicate with us better, and help us understand my DSs point of view. I imagine he has some deeper issues (mom remarried, two new half siblings,etc). The only thing going for us is that my ex-DH is cheap....if he feels my DS wavering at all, he won't spend the money to fight us. He also has some stuff in his history that won't look very good for him...assault, incriminating emails, poor choice in conversations with the kids, he moved outside the kids school boundaries even thou decree says he isn't supposed to, they don't all have beds at his house so my DS has spent the last year sleeping on the couch, etc.

Vjean - I feel for you and the ex issues :-/ they are not fun - I dealt with my youngest's dad for years - court every month one year!!! He died last year super unexpectedly - which has had it's own set of issues!!! But I will be praying for your DS an he sees through the BS- eventually most kids do.. :hugs:
Terri - my fingers are crossed you embies and growing and multiply just like they are supposed too and you will have 6 to decide on...
Katie- love to hear from you lady!!!
Sis - still got my FX crossed that your betas keep jumping and you p stays up!!! :hugs:

:hi: to everyone else!!
AFM - 5dpo started spotting yesterday and today I actually had to put in a tampon this afternoon??? Sorry tmi... Wth??? :cry: no clue what is going on with my body - I guess if temp drops in morning and this continues it must be AF!!!! Taking it one day at a time here ladies!!!!
Keeping my fingers crossed and praying for our IVF ladies FXFXFX :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->