%% OLDIES But GOODIES %%

Sis I have added my lack of understanding about the mash/gravy thing to the other thread!

Morning Ladies Happy Monday :hi:

My low a$$ temps at really freaking me out last time they were way higher :shrug: 8/26 can't come fast enough!! :nope:

Hi ladies.... happy Monday!!!!!

Terri..understandable about being peeved at hubby but you know how men are. Don't get me wrong I'm not giving him a pass because he's a man, they just don't think past the nose on their face sometimes. If you can talk to him calmly without getting upset I say do it but if you start to feel smoke come out of your ears just nix it....can't have you and those embies all in a tizzy.

Wish.... What is a diaper party? Is that the same as a baby shower? And sorry abou AF being such a pain ( literally) this month. :hugs: Good luck with making those goodie bags too. Anyone around to help you?

Sis....try not to let the temp drop scare you. Are you due for anothe beta before te scan?

AFM....today is our 1 year wedding anniversary so I'm whisking DH away to a bed and breakfast not too far from home for a couple days starting today. I added the baby moon package to our stay which includes sparkling apple cider, chocolate covered strawberries and fresh flowers in our suite when we arrive. Oh and it also includes a pre-natal massage for me and a deep tissue massage for him in our room and a gift bag filled with other goodies for mom and the baby. I'm so excited. Now I just have to get everyone out the house (4 kids and 2 dogs) and dropped off so we can hit the road. I better go start kicking beds now so these kids get a move on. :haha:

No smiles I was going to go today but since I went Fri and my numbers looked great she said not to bother!!

I'm just worried cuz all my temps have been 98.5 to 98.7 last time they were 98.7-98.9 I think so higher for sure!
Maybe it's my new therm I will just have to keep telling myself that until 8/26

U trip sounds super relaxing have a Great time!!

Sis - I would LOVE to join your group but obviously lacking a pregnancy over here :) Try not to worry about your temps. Would it make you feel better to get another beta? If so, I say just go for it.

Terri - OK - don't blame you for being angry with your DH. That would make me really mad, too. :grr: I'm all for blowing off a little steam but no need to be heading to the bar in the middle of the night! How are you feeling today?

Wish - I'm so sorry that that evil witch is hurting so much this month. :hugs: And once again, you're amazing for planning that 5K!!

TTC - Hope Lillian gets moving soon so that you don't have to bother with pitocin.

Nessaw - I hear you about karaoke. Definitely need some liquid courage to be getting on up there. I think you and your DH have a good strategy. Tell people your news if it happens to come up but hold off on the big announcement. :)

Smiles - Totally jealous of your trip! Sounds amazing. My 5 year anniversary is coming up this September and I was thinking of doing something similar to celebrate.

What's the deal with the mashed potatoes ladies????

No real TTC news here. Last day of clomid today and then I go for a follow-up on Wednesday morning. I'm preparing myself to trigger that night since that's what happened last month. My DH has his interview in 20 minutes. YIKES. Oh, and did I mention that I'm going to have a new niece sometime this afternoon? My SIL is going in for a c-section this morning! YAY YAY! :)

I'll join your group, Sis! I was probably unfairly dismissive of the 35+ pg forum, but my first impression was that most of them were closer to 35 and had gotten pg without much time and effort. I used to hang out there when I had just turned 36 and had gotten pregnant on my first try, so I think I may be just biased against my younger self!

Had dr. appointment today. All is well and dr. noted that my weight gain has leveled off. He also said not to worry about eating too little, and to err on that side. Sigh. I put on 38 lbs with DS, so intend to work very hard not to do that with this one.

Smiles-That BnB sounds so nice!! It sounds like a Caribbean resort with the massages and goody baskets and stuff. Have a great time!! And happy anniversary!! You made it! hee hee. I did have talk with hubs last night and he was like 'I always have my phone.' I told him he was an idiot and to not leave this house without telling me or else! He just looked down for the most part of our discussion. hee hee. Totally one way. And this morning I asked him if he looked at our embies on the refrigerator. He said 'yes' so that made me happy. HA!!HA!!

Sis-I agree with kfs1-If you don't think you can make it until next week, I would go back and get another blood test. Just for your own sanity. The 26th is a ways away (trust me, I know!). hee hee.

kfs1-Congrats on becoming an aunt (again?), and good luck to your DH. We all know he's getting the job this time around. I'm so excited!! Ok..holy temperature plunge..I'm not excited about that, but I'm glad it's before your IUI and not afterwards.

Wish-Yikes on your painful AF, but hopefully you will have O week when you get back from the race. fxfxfx.

Driving-HA!!HA!! @being dismissive about the >35 group and talking about your younger self. I knew you were the one that said not much was going on over there. hee hee. Glad your appointment went well. Yay!!

AFM-I don't understand how these doctors and nurses can't get my phone numbers correct. I just checked my work voicemail (I hate checking it because it's usually an assignment for work. :haha:), and the rude nurse (the one that was so to the point about my negative IUI results) called me on Friday and said 'We checked on your remaining three embryos, and they stopped growing. So hopefully with the two that looked really good and the third one, you'll be successful. Keep taking your meds. Call if you need anything.' So, it's official that there are no frosties. I'm PRAYING the embryos inside me continued growing. How scary. I can't think bad thoughts.

Terri - sorry about the lack of frosties - but you don't need them because you got twins in there!! DId you ever speak with your hubby about his night time activities - I am expecting something similar from my hubby this week - since he took off all last week for me!

Sis - glad your numbers are still rising. Can't wait to hear about your first scan.

Mischief - great IUI numbers, FXed girl!

Everyone else - HI!!!

AFM - its been a long week - The doc kept going back and forth over whether the retrieval was sat or sun and finally decided on Sunday. He had me take 2 ovidrel shots Friday night. Sat was the day of hubbies pig roast - and he was sooo good - he drank odouls all day for me - I wanted his swimmers nice and sober!! We then left to get home for the retrieval on Saturday which went well - 10 eggs retrieved. Waiting (impatiently) for the call on the number fertilized... I have had some cramping and spotting (a little more than spotting in my opinion) but nothing major. Took my first progesterone shot this morning...and now just waiting for the phone call. They will only tell me the number, I won't find out about quality until the transfer on Friday.

Terri so sorry no :cold: but I agree u got 1or2 cooking!!! ;) Glad DH took his :grr: like A Man!!! :haha:

Moni so glad retrieval is over and u have eggs cooking :)

Kfs1 hope Ur DH get the job and u get a BFP w this IUI!!

As for the group I'm starting to wonder if It should just be 2015 miracles that seems like a lot of women in diferent stages but someone pointed out they r due in April but in the southern hem. It's Autum!! :shrug:

Congrats to your DH, kfs!!! That's great! :) GL on your appt on Wednesday!

Sis, I would totally join your group if I was PG! If my FET works, I think I'll have a May due date...?? I'll have to use one of those calcs to find out.

Terri, i do not like that nurse! She doesn't have a very good bedside manner, does she?? And when we're going through this, we kinda need that! Listen, don't worry about your babes... they're growing strong in there. You've got THREE in there. You're gonna have a baby(ies)!

Wish, sorry about the vicious AF. Urgh. But I love how you're staying so positive, and I agree with the others, its SO good to have you back on the TTC train again!

Glad everyone else seems to be doing well. I'm sure curious about this mashed potato thing, so i might have to go check it out, LOL.

just for you twinnie
:dance::dance::dance::headspin::headspin::headspin::yipee::yipee::yipee::drunk::drunk::drunk:
:tease::tease::tease::wohoo::wohoo::wohoo::loopy::loopy::loopy::wave::wave:\\:D/\\:D/\\:D/\\:D/
so happy your DH got the job?!!!!

Terri - sorry friend that the nurse was again witchy... I don't like her... AT ALL... and sorry the lack of frosties...but I agree with the crowd - You aren't going to need frosties - you is having twins!!! :happydance::happydance:

Sis - love the 2015 miracles... everyone has their own story... your thread will be like the show Cheers!!! everyone welcome -everyone knows your name....

moni - congrats on egg retrieval - keeping my FX for your embies to make it to transfer day!!! then you will be PUPO!!!!! :hugs:

driving - good job lady on the weight gain... just keep doing some exercise and one have one portion - you will be just fine!!!!
and a cheat meal here and there!!! :hugs:

Smiles - Happy anniversary!!! and your plans sound lovely :)

AFM: AUUUUUUUUUUUGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH - that is for 5K planning...
and please say a prayer or send caring thoughts toward my youngest - today is the 1st anniversary of her dad dying and she is struggling today... lots of tears on mom's shoulder... breaks my heart for her to hurt like she is...:cry:

Wish-I will say a special prayer for your little one. Such a sad day today, for some. :hugs: Oh yeah, we all hope you have some help with this race...and you're not only organizing it, but running it as well? You're nuts for nuts! And that's why we love you.

kfs1-I wish I could drink wine to celebrate your DH!!! I knew he would get the job. I'm so excited...I guess he better get his stuff from his other classroom and move it to his new classroom with lightening speed. The other school is going to be SO upset. But..it'll be another opportunity for an out of work teacher. Yay!! ^5 for DH. So excited.

ERose-The mashed potato thing starts maybe around page 30/37 or so, so don't worry about reading all the beginning stuff, unless you're just totally bored. It's the PGAL group April Rainbows. I thought it was kind of funny the way they were going on and on about it. HA!!HA!!

I hope goat cheese isn't on my restrictions list just yet. :blush: hee hee. I made bow tie pasta (farfalle) with a mixture of goat/cream cheese/garlic/spinach. Then you add it to the cooked pasta, and then put some fresh spinach on top and stir. Salt and pepper to taste, and you have a quick, vegetarian meal. Not vegan I suppose because goats were used. Sorry vegans! hee hee.

Yes it just seems like rambling thats why I can't do it 20 something's have nothing to talk about Unlike Us Oldies :rofl:

Sis, 2015 miracles is great!! And mine better not come in 2014, the peri was going on about inducing early because I am over 40... Fortunately obgyn agrees that I should go at least until 39 weeks.

Terri, sorry about DH trouble but sounds like you have it worked out. I sometimes get annoyed at DH when he mixes a super nice fruity rum drink for himself right in front of me - the kind he always used to make me... dude, keep to your acidic wine or gin and tonics. I would flip out if he went to a bar late.

KFS, congratz!!

Wish, you are so amazing. Also, so sad for your little one :( *hug*

Ok I got help w a Siggy so I'm making the group will send a link soon!! :)

Update here's a Link ladies https://babyandbump.momtastic.com/pregnancy-over-35/2219531-miracles-making-2015-a.html

Check out that new Siggy!!! :)

It makes me smile unlike my test this AM :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back