%% OLDIES But GOODIES %%

HA!!HA!! @ the lady being late. I am usually sitting in the waiting room, fully clothed if things are running behind. I died laughing at no pants, man.

I think Clomid is used primarily to time your follies to produce an egg. You know when people aren't ovulating they are prescribed Clomid, and that's the first step to try to get you pregnant. It puts them on a regular schedule to produce one egg around Day 14. With IVF you take all those injections to stimulate the growth and production of follies with eggs. I don't think I took Clomid this round. I'll have to look at my chart.

Had my scan this morning. Only 1 follie again this month, even with the double dose of Clomid. My Dr. said "Obviously Clomid isn't working for you so I wouldn't recommend this as a treatment option going forward. Do you still want to do the insemination?" WTF. She's counting me out for this month already in her mind! Grrrrr. Anyway, I am going to do it. Trigger tonight at 11 p.m. (So late!)

Does she mean only one follie at ALL, or only one "dominant" follie. As long as that follie is the measurement it needs to be, she shouldn't be counting you out, and I'd totally still go through with it. I only had one egg the month I got PG on Clomid, and that was WITHOUT an IUI. Once I started the IUIs, they put me on Femara, and in the first IUI, I only had one dominant follie then too. They said they look for one or two. On my second round of IUI, I did have two follies, but they hadn't increased my dose or anything, so I think it was just a fluke. Regardless, the only time I've been PG in 22 months of TTC, was when I had ONE dominant follie on 50mg of Clomid with no IUI. So I'm surprised your RE is acting like that, and as long as the measurement is fine, there is absolutely NO reason to think it won't work.

Hahaha - I love you for hating her Terri. She also showed up a half-hour late which pissed me off. I'm sitting there with no pants man - I mean, come on! She's the one and only doctor there so she will be doing my IVF. Isn't the point of Clomid to produce more eggs though? What do they typically give you to produce more eggs with IVF? You're right - I definitely remember eRose starting the Lupron - I'll definitely ask her about next steps on Friday. Thanks for the motivation!

The meds for IVF are a little more... serious. LOL. That's the only word I know to describe it! All injections, some have to be mixed before injecting, etc. And the goal is actually to make ALL your follies grow at about the same pace, so that they can try and retrieve eggs from every single one. In Terri's case, 14. In my case 20. In Moni's case, 10. It varies for everyone on whether or not all the follies keep up and will contain an egg. I agree w/Terri, that if you're feeling anxious to at least get started on the IVF protocol, I'd go ahead and start having the convo with them so they can get you moving. Most REs do the BCP lead-in to IVF. My RE knew i was in a huge hurry to get started if my second IUI didnt work, so she did a Lupron lead-in. You can start that one before your next AF even comes. I dont know what your RE will say about that though... My RE said if I DID get PG with the IUI, that the Lupron wouldnt hurt anything, as they have patients who get PG all the time like that, and its never hurt them before because you're not on the Lupron long enough for it to hurt (I still wondered about that honestly, but since she and the nurses have seen it before, I trusted her).

Had my scan this morning. Only 1 follie again this month, even with the double dose of Clomid. My Dr. said "Obviously Clomid isn't working for you so I wouldn't recommend this as a treatment option going forward. Do you still want to do the insemination?" WTF. She's counting me out for this month already in her mind! Grrrrr. Anyway, I am going to do it. Trigger tonight at 11 p.m. (So late!)

Does she mean only one follie at ALL, or only one "dominant" follie. As long as that follie is the measurement it needs to be, she shouldn't be counting you out, and I'd totally still go through with it. I only had one egg the month I got PG on Clomid, and that was WITHOUT an IUI. Once I started the IUIs, they put me on Femara, and in the first IUI, I only had one dominant follie then too. They said they look for one or two. On my second round of IUI, I did have two follies, but they hadn't increased my dose or anything, so I think it was just a fluke. Regardless, the only time I've been PG in 22 months of TTC, was when I had ONE dominant follie on 50mg of Clomid with no IUI. So I'm surprised your RE is acting like that, and as long as the measurement is fine, there is absolutely NO reason to think it won't work.

One dominant follie that's much larger than the others. Ugh - sometimes she seems really with it and other times, I feel like she's like a space cadet or something. I was definitely going to go through with it anyway and I'm mentally preparing myself for her negativity again on Friday. But you ladies definitely made me feel better about it. :) And thanks Erin for the IVF info. I'm totally going to get on that. Holy crap - not looking forward to having to mix meds for injections. YIKES!

Mixing the meds isn't bad. For mine, the vials had lyophilized (freeze dried) product in it, so it looks like a freeze dried puck of powder. You are also given either saline (salt water) or just sterile water and once one drop of water hits that powder, it all dissolves. We have lyophilizers and sterile products at my work, and that's how I know all about them. Anyway, they will tell you exactly how to do it and there are awesome videos, so don't worry about that. That's the easy part. HA!!HA!!

You just have to remember, this is all for the end goal, and once you get that baby, you won't even remember BCPs/mixing/shooting up! HA!!HA!!

Yes, agreed! Mixing the meds isn't difficult at all (and some are prefilled, it just depends on what your protocol is). Very easy, and videos to show you exactly how to do everything, step by step. You eventually become a pro. hehe! And all the needles are small like the trigger needle. They should give you a nice website with the videos for how to do them, but if not, let me know... i have a link.

But there's really no reason to think that this IUI won't work for you. Most women out there get PG without meds, which means ONE egg every month (usually). You're going to have a nice mature plump egg from the meds, plus the IUI. Your RE shouldn't assume this won't work, when it has worked for TONS of women with just one egg, including myself without IUI. I'm HOH for you!

KFS, if she's a space cadet now, maybe she's not the best to do your IVF? What are her clinic's SART scores? I would look around before committing to her unless her scores are really good... given the cost/angst/expense of IVF, if you can deal with a little travel to a clinic w/better scores/fewer space cadets, maybe that would make sense?

I also agree I couldn't handle a Negative Nelly like that she might get Throat Punched :grr:

Well I went for another beta this AM cuz I'm just not feeling very positive myself hope it comes back good!!

Hi guys. Scan went well. Just one baby in there which was a relief. Good heartbeat and measuring 4 days ahead but think I'll leave ticker for now.

Awesome news nessaw!!
And Sis-So glad you went for your bloodwork. Are you getting results back today or tomorrow?

Should be this afternoon!!

My BIGS truck is off to the shop AGain and he's being a Major Butt he needs to get a J O B B4 he is living in the shed!! :nope:
I don't need all this stress right now!! :(

KFS - Erin and Terri pretty much covered it. I only had 2 eggs with clomid until they bumped me up to 150mg a dose. Then I had 2.5 (I think one was a cyst). The meds for the IVF are completely different and I loved joking about being a druggy.

AFM - no news which is good I am guessing. They didn't call me in for a 3 day transfer. I did get a call from the clinic and my heart started racing, especially when I missed the call initially - but they called back - they had forgotten to charge me for the anesthesiologist! I told the lady - you practically gave me a heart attack when I saw the clinic number come up I thought my embies were gone! Nope - they are still doing fine (I think!)

Sis - Glad to hear that you went for the beta. I totally understand not wanting to wait (too stressful)! But I do agree with the others about the at home tests. Put those away for good!

Moni - Aww man, I'd be freaked out if the clinic called, too. Glad everything's going well. Almost the big day!

Driving - I know, I know - I hear what you're saying. I guess I'll see how our IVF discussions go and then I'll go from there.

Nessaw - Great news about your scan! :)

So, my RE just called. It turns out that I'm having my LH surge already naturally so no Ovidrel tonight and I'm having the IUI tomorrow! Wish me luck ladies!

Sis - Glad to hear that you went for the beta. I totally understand not wanting to wait (too stressful)! But I do agree with the others about the at home tests. Put those away for good!

Moni - Aww man, I'd be freaked out if the clinic called, too. Glad everything's going well. Almost the big day!

Driving - I know, I know - I hear what you're saying. I guess I'll see how our IVF discussions go and then I'll go from there.

So, my RE just called. It turns out that I'm having my LH surge already naturally so no Ovidrel tonight and I'm having the IUI tomorrow! Wish me luck ladies!

kfs, did you test with an OPK to find out that you're having your natural surge? Or did your RE do some special test? If it was an OPK, be careful... You're supposed to put 3 days in between the last clomid pill and an OPK, because clomid can cause false positives. With my first IUI, I made the mistake of using an OPK 2 days after my last pill and got a pos, so I called the RE freaking out. They almost had me come in for the IUI the next day, but then she asked me if I had waited 3 days in between to use an OPK. I said no, so she told me to test again in the a.m (before coming in for the IUI). The next morning, it was neg. So my pos OPK turned out to be a false pos because I'd tested too early. So we stuck with the original plan, and I ended up triggering on day10 for a day12 IUI, and sure enough, I O'd that day, just as they predicted. Just thought I'd mention that, since it looks like you took your last pill 2 days ago. Yours could still be a real LH surge, so I dont want to tell you NOT to do what they're telling you... I just wanted to mention that, so that you dont end up having your IUI too early. Although I see on your last chart that you O'd on day10 then too, so maybe you're right on!

kfs, did you test with an OPK to find out that you're having your natural surge? Or did your RE do some special test? If it was an OPK, be careful... You're supposed to put 3 days in between the last clomid pill and an OPK, because clomid can cause false positives. With my first IUI, I made the mistake of using an OPK 2 days after my last pill and got a pos, so I called the RE freaking out. They almost had me come in for the IUI the next day, but then she asked me if I had waited 3 days in between to use an OPK. I said no, so she told me to test again in the a.m (before coming in for the IUI). The next morning, it was neg. So my pos OPK turned out to be a false pos because I'd tested too early. So we stuck with the original plan, and I ended up triggering on day10 for a day12 IUI, and sure enough, I O'd that day, just as they predicted. Just thought I'd mention that, since it looks like you took your last pill 2 days ago. Yours could still be a real LH surge, so I dont want to tell you NOT to do what they're telling you... I just wanted to mention that, so that you dont end up having your IUI too early. Although I see on your last chart that you O'd on day10 then too, so maybe you're right on!

She made that decision based on my blood test results from this morning, not on an OPK. I haven't used those suckers in a few months. Thanks so much though!!! Love that you ladies are looking out for me. :)

Moni-I was freaking out when my place called me Thursday morning, so I totally understand that. Too bad you still have to pay for anesthesia! Hee hee. Glad everything is still growing fine. I have you in my prayers!!

Katie-yoohoo!! You should be checking in soon with your gender reveal. I've been waiting all day! Hurry!! Hee hee.

Kfs1-well, so much for triggering tonight! That's pretty cool that you're going to go in without the trigger. I hoe this is it for you!!! Then you never have to see that doc again.

AFM-seriously nothing to report. :juggle: this wait is getting boring!

I always started to surge on my own Too but I would still do the trigger it will release ALL the follies even the small ones and it will boost them B4 hand!!

GL

She made that decision based on my blood test results from this morning, not on an OPK. I haven't used those suckers in a few months. Thanks so much though!!! Love that you ladies are looking out for me. :)

Gotcha! Whew! Since your RE has been a little flaky this time around, I just wanted to be sure! Blood tests certainly don't lie though, hehe! GL tomorrow!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->