%% OLDIES But GOODIES %%

Wish-Woohoo!! How awesome..Way to turn your frown upside down. I guess your meeting with the sergeant was a good one, or at least got you motivated! hee hee. Culvers is really good! I had it when I went to Milwaukee MANY moons ago, and it was such a treat. Yum yum..don't remind me.

Sis-Sorry for having to go pick up your son. If you file a report, will the other boy get suspended? I hate fighting. Sorry you have one more thing to do on your list when you're not feeling good.

Lexi cried the whole way to the shelter but then she was happy when she smelled other dogs. What a jerk. HA!!HA!! I'm glad she's ok with going back there. Sometimes the dogs hate going back. She got the all clear from the vet and her new mom will be at the shelter bright and early to pick her up. I'm going to try to visit her new place this weekend. I'm happy for her and I know her new mom will just love her to pieces.

He's fine he barely has a Bump below his eye around his cheek bone!! His BFF came over and they r laughing and joking!! I just hope they aren't plotting revenge ;)

Terri glad Lexi was a good girl and happy she's going to a great home!!

Wish get ER done!!!

Wish....way to go! I think that ice cream/custard and cheeseburger did it for you! Lol. With everything you got lined up your BFP is coming! Oh and of course my priority is to post a picture of the baby for you ladies to see. Lol. That's after I am coherent enough to do anything.

Sis...what an ass that kid is. Proud of your son for not sinking to his level but at the same time the kid deserved one or two in return. Hope you feel better and sorry you have to now deal with that crap when you're not feeling well. :hugs:

Like I said my Son said he hit like a girl and is the size of his very small BFF I think he was Kinda afraid he would hurt him or he was in Shock that the kid stepped to him!! :shrug:

I think he knew if he swung back everyone would think he was picking on the Lil guy so he did nothing so The DB(sorry thats someones DS but he deserves it) would get in trouble for it all!! ;)

Smiles Cant wait to see that Chunky Monkey!!

Going to bed I so hope I feel better Tom!!! :sleep:

Well I must have a low grade fever look at that temp jump :0

Whoa Sis - that's some jump!! Are you still feeling sick or do you think it's just a natural jump?

Wish - once again, good for you for being proactive lady. The custard/burger gave you the extra boost you needed!

Morning Terri, Smiles, Moni, Rad, Katie, Nessaw, Mischief, TTC, and everyone else.

Beta is at 9 today so I'm home and heading into work after that. Luckily, I have a bunch of meetings today to distract me. And as Wish suggested, I will definitely be indulging in something this evening when I get the "official" bad news - wine and junk food??? Ice cream & burgers??? Hmmm. :)

DH just left for his first day at school. He seems nervous but a GOOD nervous. I really think this year is going to be great for him!! :)

I'm still :sick: I'm sure that's the reason for my temp I've never had a temp that high unless I was sick!! :nope:

Sis-Wow is right. Hope you're not feeling too terrible. That jump is crazy high though.

kfs1-You plan your ice cream and burgers, and I'll plan the party for when we hear surprise good news this afternoon. :) Yay for DH going to his new job today. The kids are just as nervous as he is, and he'll do just fine. I love new starts.

Smiles-I can't wait another day!!! :wohoo: I wish today was your baby's birth day. hee hee.

Driving, I’m sorry to hear about the cyst. I feel confident that your baby is ok, based on your previous blood work, but I know you must be out of your mind worried!

Moni, Yay for rising numbers! :happydance:

Smiles, wow! Super scary experience with the iron transfusion! I am glad you don’t have to go thru that again! And don’t worry about a big baby….they are the cutest. The pic below is my 3 DAY OLD! You can’t beat those cheeks! They estimated my baby at 7 1/2 lbs, and she was 10, so I am just assuming this baby will be up there also. So yes Terri, girls can be that big! :winkwink:

Wish, I hope you enjoyed that ice cream! It sounds delicious and I am extremely jealous. I also hope you see some results with your new kit! I am also impressed that your DH is taking his supplements! It’s about time that man wised up. :haha: I’m so happy you got your appointment!

Terri, you are the best foster mama! I hope DH doesn’t make you wait too long…. There is nothing like cleaning up after a puppy to take your mind off of things.

Kfs1, sometimes we all need a day like that! I am glad you had a door you were able to close. It is never easy to get negative results, even when you know the answer. :hugs: I vote yes to ice cream, junk food, burger, etc...

Sis, WOW! What are kids thinking these days? I am proud of your son also!

Thank you so much for the support ladies! I really appreciate it! Testifying is court is probably the scariest thing I have ever done....i'd take child birth over it any day!!

Anyway, DB had sued me for full custody of our 14 year old. On Friday, we tried to negotiate and give him an extra weekend. He already has 1st, 3rd, 5th. I was willing to give up 4th, which would give him 4 extra days, and result in me having my son for 15 days a month and his dad 13, on average... He declined that offer.

The week before he had me served I offered to give him Wednesdays, but he declined to respond to that email. The approach his lawyer took was that he was trying to compromise with me and I was being a "brick wall". Well, that didnt work because I have numerous text messages and emails showing that my son was over there a LOT more than the visitation outlined in the decree.

So DB got on the stand with all his excel spread sheets and calculations (to show how much time he had my son), but my lawyer was awesome! His calcualtions backfired. He stated that he had already had my son 49.6% of the year, so my laywer argued that given those numbers, wouldnt he agree that I had been more than willing to support my sons desire to see his father outside of the visitation schedule. It was awesome! Then she asked him "What does it mean to you to have custody of Zac?". His answer was: "Primary custodian". :nope:

So then when I got on the stand my lawyer asked me some of the same questions, when she asked me the one about having custody of Zac I told her that it was my job to make sure that he has a stable and structured environment, and that I get tired of being the "bad parent" all the time, but sometimes that what it takes to make sure my son grows up to be a responsible adult that is accountable for his actions. We then talked about how my child got in trouble (broke into the school concession stand on a Saturday when he was with his dad, got suspended from school, and suspended from HS soccer team for 5 weeks)....when DB was on the stand he played that incident off like it was no big deal. You could see the judge was not pleased. Then I told them about my boys (14 and 17) getting in to a fist fight at their dads house and he was no where around nor reachable by phone. My 14 year old called me crying. The judge was very unhappy about that. Again, it was no big deal to dad. Boys will be boys... I also had to talk about the 2 offers that we had presented - the extra weekend and the wednesday night. I had offered every Wednesday, so that would have given him 4 or 5 extra nights a month.

So then the judge talked to my son in chambers...no idea what he was asked. And came out and gave his ruling. DB ended up getting Zac for 2 (TWO!!!!!) extra days a month!!! He gets him on Wednesday on the 1st and 3rd weekend. Man, he should have took either of the two deals that I offered him!! I was so relieved. I couldnt believe it! The judge told him that he wasn't going to give him another weekend. He needed to know what it was like to step up and be a dad...do homework, get to and from school, etc.

So this hearing was for temp orders, which means we have to try this Wednesday addition for a few months, then appear before the court to have the final ruling. So I know I am not out of the woods yet, but typically, in order for a judge to rule differently from the temp orders he would need a pretty compelling argument. It's been 2 days and the ridiculous emails from DB have already started rolling in. I provide him very formal, non-emotional answers and file the emails away. I just don't know why he wants to keep dragging my son thru this for no reason. So of course last night was the first wednesday that Zac had to go to his dads. My DD (19) had just got a new job, so we were taking her out to celebrate and after dinner Zac called me crying. He felt left out because he couldn't go to the dinner with us. Poor kid....he just doesn't understand that it was out of my hands. His dad was NOT going to let me keep him last night. My other DS (17) is supposed to go to his dads tomorrow, but he called and asked if he could stay at my place... of course his dad said no. I made sure I documented that as well. Apparently we have double standards on the issue....

Again, thank you guys for your support!! At least I can put this on hold until I get this baby here. :thumbup:

Attachments

• 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    31.2 KB · Views: 2
Great news VJean. I feel so sad for Zac. He wanted to celebrate with the fam, but could not. Maybe now he realizes how much of a DB his dad is, unfortunately. The good news is that maybe after a month Zac can tell the judge that it's not working out and he really doesn't like going to his dad's house midweek. Does the DB have other kids, or is it just him and Zac hanging together? Bo-ring. hee hee. I'm glad you had your responses ready to go. Your DB of an ex was obviously not prepared for his questions. Great job! Now you can rest easy for a month.

Oh ok about girls being big. Obviously I have no idea, and I have never paid attention to baby sizes. I know other moms care about that stuff. :)

Thanks Terri! I feel bad for him too. It just isn't fair to him, but he is a smart kid and I am confident it will work out. At least that is what I have to focus on for the next month.

DB does not have any other kids (aside from ours together), but my 19 y/o DD stays there for car insurance/college tuition reasons. She uses DB's girlfriends, parents home address to get cheaper tuition. It's ridiculous what schools can charge! We literally live 2 miles from the next county, but because she is outside of the schools county her tuition would have been $2500 this semester. Using the girlfriends, parents address reduced her tuition to $500! She pays her own tuition, so this helps her a lot. I pay for her books and fees, etc, and her father allows her the privledge of staying at his place. Personally, I would rather pay $2500 for classes than live there, but she is like me....she likes to shop!

His girlfriend also lives in the home with her 6 year old daughter. So when my boys are there, there are 6 people in a 1500 sq ft home, and now my 17 y/o DS sleeps on the couch. sigh. :nope: There is nothing that will make him get his priorities in order.

Vjean - glad it is working out!

kfs - hoping you get surprised today, but I'm gld you have a plan in place!

smiles - 27 hours to go!!! woohoo!!

AFM - I nolonger have aheadache so of course I am freaking out. I spent the morning looking up if the progesterone can mask a miscarriage...I am still a bit crampy and very hungry...trying to trust in my body. I'll be nervous until Tuesday... ugh!

Well my BIG got suspended cuz he pushed the boy back !!! Really I don't see how pushing is in the same class as Punching :nope: so he will be home for 3 days!! I really don't see how giving him a long weekend is a punishment!!

I Guess he will be doing yard work and helping out his Sick Mom!! ;)

Vjean glad everything went well!!

Moni ask for another Beta for peace of mind!!

nah - Sis you changed my status on the first page - so I am good to go!!! I am going to wait it out...might take another cheapie test tonight though... (see look at these mood swings...I haveto be fine!)

vjean - I'm so sorry that you and your family had to deal with that situation but it's SO GREAT that the judge saw through his BS. Like Terri said, maybe the judge will take back that Wednesday visitation next month if your son is still unhappy about it. Anyway, you got over the first hurdle so :happydance:.

sis - That stinks that your DS got suspended - definitely make him help you out around the house since you aren't feeling good.

Moni-I am loving your mood swings. :) I'm just so happy for you. I truly am.

kfs1-No word yet? I'm on pins and needles over here.

Smiles-23 hours to go. I'm super psyched for baby Smiles to show up. I think you'll be really happy after you get your c-section. The ladies at work say that you won't be all tired and worn out when they present you with the baby. You'll just be super happy. hee hee.

Sis-That's crazy that they suspend kids when they aren't even participates. And staying home is more of a pain for the parents than for the kids. Hope you have a lot for him to help you with.

Vjean-I wish my tuition was $500. That's such a good deal, and I'm glad that she has the gf's parents address to use. I figure the counties have to get their money somehow.

AFM-I'm just giddy with excitement to get home, read my chapter for school and then sit on the couch eating pizza and watching football. 8:30 can't come fast enough! My picks for my work pool are made and my fantasy team for the week is chosen. All that's left is for me to be sitting down in front of the boob tube. Now we may really have to get a small tv in the bedroom so I can put the tv on sleep timer during the late night games and fall right to sleep. Hmmm..

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->