%% OLDIES But GOODIES %%

Mischief--Gaw! What is wrong with your co-workers?? I mean if nobody there knew your situation, well ok, but let's have a little sensitivity here. It should be something that is optional to go to. Sorry girl, you had one hell of a day.

Sis--Can you appeal to the courts that neither parent is fit? My friend did that with her 2 nieces...both parents were f/ups and she's now adopted them and they are her daughters. Who is there to tell the courts that the Dad is a druggie and not fit either? Just totally unfair for those children to have no stability. :(

Neesaw--Glad you can have your dress that fits and wedding planning is keeping you busy. Maybe wait until the wedding madness is over and then make some decisions about TTC. Please let us know also what the doctors say.

Mom, Yeahhhh, I certainly think there's a good twin possibility there. Still so pleased for you. :)

Thanks ladies it's been a tough few days for me and talking to that DB last nite made it so hard for me to sleep last night I was fuming for him to think his 1bedroom Apt living on food stamps is better than my household is insane and Stupid it's just more free money to him!!! :nope:
I'm going to try to contact CHild and Youth Services the only issue is I will most likely have to take both kids which I have no problem w but Ive never even met the Boy and I've heard he's a handful!!
My only fear is putting stress on my LO since they r close in Age!! :shrug:

Hopefully my sis will be out soon so I can talk to her and figure things out!!

Great beta Mom

Mischief - Are teachers unionized where you are? I would be going to my union rep and asking that they put a stop to that ridiculous "game." What nonsense - completely unprofessional. Come on people, it's not the 1950s when women were defined by their birthing capacity! Unbelievable! :hugs:

GL Terri!!!:dust:

Sis - I hope everything works out for the best :hugs:

Mom - :oneofeach: :haha:

Nessaw - hey, if you wait until after the wedding for TTC you'll be able to drink. :wine: Just sayin' :winkwink:

:hi: Hi everyone else!!! Hope you're having a great week! :hugs:

Good luck Terri....good vibes, good vibes!

Sis--Oh, I see about taking both kids. That is a definite pickle and I understand not wanting to do something that would hurt your LO. Let us know what Child Services says about perhaps being able to take just your niece. Man, I'm sorry your family is going through this mess.

Just a quick reply to say good luck tomorrow, Terri! Sounds like you have a great number of follies to choose from!

Congrats, Momof3!

Sis- Tough decision. I think Child Services would understand if you aren't able to take the other kid. Is he your sister's too? If not, then I don't think they'd have a problem at all. Hopefully someone else could help him out.

DD's 2nd birthday is Thursday. Family coming in. Should be fun and busy. Going out of town after for 2 nights with my best friends. First time since DD was born. Yay!

Thanks ladies (especially stalker garfie!)! We're leaving here in about 45 minutes and I'm getting excited. Let's hope the doctor doesn't call me this morning. I can't take it!

I woke up to a cold sore. I hate them, and I get some bad reaction to them where they turn into a huge, disgusting scab. It looks like I have a piece of food stuck to my face. :sick: Well, that's what happened last time. This is the third one I've had in my life, and I kept thinking one was coming (like for the past few weeks), but it finally showed up today. They say they are stress induced, so I guess worrying about these baseball tix (I got tickets for Home Games 3 and 4. ha ha) and then my husband hitting the brick chimney (it's for show only-no fireplace on that side of the house) of our house with his new car and his continued drinking habits just finally caught up with me. He and I had it out last night because I don't want to have negative feelings starting today. I went grocery shopping and I'm going to take it easy but not as easy as last time. I was a lazy lima bean for about 4 days last time and it was great, but perhaps I need to keep moving. I'm also taking a picture of the previous embryos to compare/contrast afterwards. I'll check in when I get home!

Radkat ~ Have fun with the fam! My DD was born on the 9th too! (I'm assuming you mean this week on Thursday.) Although, different year. She's going to be 7 tomorrow. Happy Birthday to your DD.

Terri ~ Sorry about the cold sore and the stress. :hugs: More :dust: for today!

Well, went in for my 2nd beta this am. Same lady as Monday taking the blood. She asked me what my number was from last time. I told her, "418." She stared at me for a while with this raised eyebrow look as if I had either just lied to her or she didn't believe me. So I said again, "Yep, that's what I was told, 418." She then proceeds to hold up two fingers. :haha: And tells me she thinks it's gonna be twins, but that I didn't hear anything from her because she's not supposed to say stuff like that. :haha: So, even my blood taking lady at my clinic, who does this all the time, thinks it'll be twins. Even if there are, I'm guessing one will vanish. It's happened to me before, and I can't imagine ever starting a pregnancy with twins and ending up with twins in the end. So, I'm telling myself that there will only be one, and if there are two and two do stay, then great.

Momof3-Well, 418 is quite high for a first beta, but we'll just see what happens. After a year of trying, maybe it's about time to have twins! hee hee. You can smack me if you want. :haha:

AFM-My transfer went well today. I had three blastocysts transferred. One was expanded good rating, and the other two were expanded fair rating. The picture of the embryos that she gave us this time look so much better cell-wise. I still had the grouping of cells in the first pictures, but today, they are moved to the side, and there is a little fluid in the cell. That's what happens when the cells progress properly, so I was really happy to see that on the drive home. The doctor said they grade them as good, fair, poor. She also said that they looked beautiful.:happydance: The doctor is the only woman at the site, and she's always so nice, patient and explains everything. She also did my retrieval this time. I think tomorrow they will call me to tell me how many frosties I will have, but this morning my regular doctor called and said he sees about 8-9. So I'm super happy about that too. I took a nap when I got home and then chopped tons of vegetables and roasted them for a vegetable fritatta with white cheddar queso. Yum yum. I'm finally about to try it! (It was YUMMY!! My new recipe book is the bomb.) I'm going to work tomorrow and just taking it easy. I'm really feeling good this time. :flower:

Shit! I didn't pass my glucose test and I have to go back tomorrow for a 3 hour test!!! I can't believe this. Sorry, just freaking out a bit cuz I don't understand why.

Terri---Yay sounds like a very promising transfer!!

Terri ~ I am so glad your transfer went well and the embryos looked good! :dust: I hope to hear fabulous news from you in two weeks! :thumbup:

Katie ~ So sorry about the glucose test. :nope: Hopefully you pass the 3 hr one.

Katie-What is involved with the three hour test? Drinking more of that disgusting orange drink? Why does it take so long? I hope you pass this time! <3

Yes more of the gross orange drink and I have to have my blood taken every hour for 3 hours. :( Here I was so high and mighty telling my nurses and doctor that I'm not worried about passing it and instead, I have a big, fat "FAIL" stamped in red across my results! Oh, the humanity!

Terri - YAY! Super-happy for you. I kept checking all day!

Katie - that seriously blows!!!

Momof3 - woooohooo for twins! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"