%% OLDIES But GOODIES %%

Momof3 - Congratulations!!! Such great news. :happydance:

Wish - Miss hearing from you girl. :flower:

Rad - Thanks so much for asking. Tonight will be day 3 of my stims. The first night I was very emotional but was feeling much better yesterday. I had bloods taken today and will go back tomorrow for more bloods and an ultrasound to see how things are progressing.

Smiles - I would love to see the video. Too cute!! :) Glad to hear that things are going well.

Hi everyone else!

Ugh, failed the 1-hour GD test and now have to spend 3 hours of my life doing the second round test. So different from last time when I sailed through all these...

Hey all - finally caught up after my crazy week at work last week!

Vjean - beautiful!!! Hope you are both home and healthy now!

momof3 - woohoo!!!

Everyone else - Hi!! I'll try to keep up better now that things should be slowing down a bit at work.

AFM - got the harmony results back (terri - it is a simple blood test) - I am low risk for the chromosomal disorders they test for (so no CVS or amnio for me) and it is a BOY! DH really wanted a girl, but he is coming around to the idea. He has said for the last 5 years that he really likes the name Max for a boy - so we will now be calling Chimmi - Max! Still deciding if Max will be the middle name or first name. My clothes are definitely tight - I went to a major outlet mall last weekend and they didn't have a sngle maternity store!! So I still have to buy some comfortable clothes. Officially 12 weeks - will be making it facebook official next week!

Driving-Sorry about the test. You were probably too worried about it. I hope the 3 hour one turns out just fine. When do you take it?

Moni-Such great news. Chimmi Max. hee hee. I love it! Missed you.

Hi to everyone else. Just waiting for this afternoon's appointment, and I started temping again yesterday. It's just in my blood. :haha:

Thanks, Terri. I am actually pretty certain I have it - I have a lot of the signs/risks: advanced maternal age (ugh), immediate family member has type 2 diabetes, baby's measuring large, gained weight quickly. Sugar was also not just slightly above norm but significantly (175, 135 is upper border of normal). Going in on Monday but until then putting myself on a GD diet. (DH is sweet and worried and is doing diet planning and made me eggs this morning, so there are pluses to this).

Moni - congratz! Boys are great :) My DH wanted a girl at first, but now we will be a family with 2 boys and he's quite happy about it.

Driving - Ugh. That STINKS. What's involved in the 3-hour test? Do you have to drink a bunch of gunk or something?

Driving hope the 3 hr comes back better!!! :hugs:

Moni yay for :blue:!!!

Kfs1 looking forward to your scan!!

Terri GL at the Dr!!

AFM looks like O day now to get DH to participate he's been so tired this week!! ;)

Driving FXed for MOndays test - eat NO sugar until after the test!

Moni congrats on a boy.
Driving fx for mon.
We had the recurrent mc consultant today. Not much to report. The tests weren't back from the last mc so do not know what caused it-chasing those up tom. They took history and bloods and I go back in 6 weeks to get the results. She basically said it's not getting pg it's keeping it. So we wait a bit longer!
Hi to all.x

I'm back!! Long update to share.

Firstl, I'm such a sucker, I'm no longer in lurking mode. hee hee. I'm going to squeeze this FET in before the end of the year. SOOOOOO that means I'm back on BCP starting tomorrow. It'll be for a few weeks and then I have to take estrogen shots in my butt, every third day, and then progesterone (probably in oil) shots everyday. The office says the meds are only like $100-200, but I'm calling in the morning to see what they say. My nurse was PISSED that my insurance money ran out. She wished I had called them, AND she said to bring in the receipts because if I'm really out of money, she wants to make sure that they charged me the cheaper cost. So I got home and looked for my receipts. I saved them all this time, BUT, I think I was so upset with hearing my negative result that I recycled them ALL. I'll save the world and be mad at the same time. "I WAS SO MAD.....I RECYCLED!!!" :haha: I'm stupid. Anyway, we'll see what the insurance place says about my injectables. She is SOOO nice. She told me that as long as she's been a nurse at Shady Grove, she still gets really emotional calling everyone on test day. She said she is happy for positives, and 9/10 times when she tells someone it's negative, she cries after she gets off the phone. So nice...I almost started crying listening to her say that. :cry: The rude nurse would never say that. She'd say 'well, you're a :jo:, it happens.' hee hee.

So...the doctor says he can't understand why this isn't working. He showed me all of my embryos and their progression. He said that the first time, 3 of my embryos that were transferred really were of perfect status. The second time, they weren't perfect, but the three transferred were hatching blasts, so they were well on their way. The two that we froze are also hatching blasts, so we can just try it again and hope it works this time. He is also going to do the endometrial scratch this time. I'll have it done twice. Once when I am on BCP and then again when I start my injections. He said he's happy that I'm not blaming him, like others do, but he didn't perform my retrievals or transfers, so I can't really blame him. He thinks that my lining is fine. It's been fine in both cases. We just don't know. I also asked him about FET versus fresh, and he said that if the studies showed that the results were overwhelming one way or the other, everyone would have changed. There's just no telling. The nurse said that sometimes the doctors tell patients that there is just no hope for you and you should look for other means of having kids, and my doctor hasn't said that, so he's hopeful for me. They also have a $30k guarantee using donor eggs, and he said that I could do that until I'm 50 if I wanted to. But I have six chances to get a positive or I get my money back. I think if I'm going to spend $30k it's going to be on the next round of adoption for my second (or third) kid. So....this FET HAS to be it.

That's the long and the short of it. I'm still debating whether I should tell my husband (kind of). I could have an immaculate conception. :thumbup:

Well I think I Od on our Anniversary none the less :yipee: hopefully will be testing on my Mimi's would be Bday!! Hope she brings me my Lil Punkin!! ;)

Terri this FET is it!!! :)

It's our Annivesray but we already gave each other our presents cuz we suck at hiding em :haha: but we r going together to Get an electric Fireplace for our room & out for lunch!!! :)

Happy Hallows eVe!!

Happy Anniversary, Sis!! Hope you enjoy your lunch out today and glad your DH is back in town and back on board the baby train. Did you hear back from the doctor about whether you can do IUI yet?

Terri - Very exciting that you're doing a FET before the end of the year. I kinda love the idea of you making it a surprise for DH, but in reality, maybe not the best idea. :haha: Can you get something from your doctor showing what you paid for? I'd be mad if I thought I could get something cheaper!

Smiles - So funny that Mia is saying hi. Cute.

Driving - Boo to failing the 1 hour test. Sorry you have to do the 3 hour one, but maybe you'll pass. My suggestion is try to get an idea of diet now just in case. I've already decided that if I fail the 1 hour this time, I'm just going to do the blood sugar testing since I already have the meter, etc from DD. But I do want to do whatever possible to get insurance to pay for the strips. Those suckers are expensive! Hope you pass and don't have deal with all of that!

Sis - Yay to Oing on your anniversary. Makes for extra fun on your anniversary. :winkwink:

Nessaw - I hope the doctors can offer you some more answers. :hugs:

Hi Kfs, still doing stims? Hope all's well.

Hi to everyone else!

Terri, I really hope this FET is the one for you. I don't want to cheerlead unnecessarily, but I think the chance is on your side now. Did he talk about PGD at all?

Radkat, thanks! I have tried to keep to the diet the last two days and it is not that bad. Of course, to tempt me, some broker sent a huge tray of massive yummy muffins, apple strudels, and bagels and fruit juice to the office kitchen in the morning. I was just standing there growling.

No I haven't gotten our test results back yet!! Might send my nurse a Email Tom!! Lunch didn't go so well I actually had to go to the bathroom cuz I was so dizzy I thought my lunch was coming up!! :shrug:

Oh no, Sis. Why were you dizzy? That's weird.

Driving-he said that if I wanted to spend the money I could, but putting them back in and not getting pregnant Is proof that something was wrong otherwise it would take. He's not really for it, but it's my decision. As cheap as I am, I agree. Plus they would have to freeze and rethaw unnecessarily so why bother? I'm ok with risking it. Go big or go home!

Haaappy Halllloweeen U.S. peeps. :)

Rad - What's been going on lady?

Driving - Ugh. I hope the work people keep the treat away. I HATE that. :) Good luck at your next test.

Sis - Hope you're feeling better!

Appointment went well this morning. Starting Ganirelix tonight and continuing along with the other meds. May or may not have to go back in tomorrow, depending on how my bloods come back. If not, next appointment is on Monday. So far, I have 3 follies on my right and 6-7 on my left. I guess that's OK, right?

DHs birthday is tomorrow but our friend is having a Halloween party so we will celebrate there. :)

kfs1-Yeah that's a great number of follies. Woohoo!! Don't be surprised when you have to push hard to get the Ganirelix needle in your stomach. It doesn't sting, it's just a duller/weird needle for some reason.

Are you going to dress up tonight? And if so, what are you going to be? I just hide in my basement. The last time I bought candy, all these upper age kids were knocking and they weren't dressed up AND they didn't say trick or treat. I'm not passing out candy solely because you are knocking on my door. I give up!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->