%% OLDIES But GOODIES %%

Sis/Wish - Cysts are so painful. I hope they clear up soon for the both of you.

Driving - Awwww. Patrick is adorable! Congratulations again. :)

Had some pretty sharp stabs and aches yesterday but Its feeling better today!! My temp took a dump and I threw up my Supps not sure what's going on!!! :shrug:

I'm right there with you, Sis. Or rather two days behind you...

Getting really tired of this roller coaster!

Yes indeed everyone keeps telling me how great my charts is well it doesn't always mean a BFP!!! I've been there enough to know I'm not PG :nope:

Good to hear from u Mischief!! :hi:

I saw Dr R last week suppose to go for a Gluclose test but I've been sick every AM I know if I drink that Drink I will :sick: :nope:

Yes indeed everyone keeps telling me how great my charts is well it doesn't always mean a BFP!!! I've been there enough to know I'm not PG :nope:

Good to hear from u Mischief!! :hi:

I saw Dr R last week suppose to go for a Gluclose test but I've been sick every AM I know if I drink that Drink I will :sick: :nope:

I've missed the board, but I've been in a weird place. I hope everyone is doing well!!!! It will take me a million years to catch up with all the posts!

Sis, I really loved that doctor and her whole office. I hope you like her as much! I'm sorry you're sick, but I hope you are able to get that test done soon.

I think our TTC journey has come to an end.

We submitted an application to foster/adopt at the beginning of the month, and now we're getting processed. :)

The application included EVERY. SINGLE. DETAIL. about our lives. Every document you can imagine (birth certificate, driver's license, marriage license, diplomas, insurance cards, vet records, pictures of us, pictures of the house, floor plan of the house, budgets, pay stubs, tax records, letters from our doctors, etc. etc. etc!) and pages and pages of essay questions that really made us think and reflect. It took us weeks to write it all and gather everything. A major accomplishment by itself! :)

Two weeks later the agency called and said she'd been over our application. She grilled me about my infertility to get a sense of how I'm dealing emotionally, and asked a few questions to clarify what we'd written on the application. She said it all looked good. (Um, yeah! I KNOW I'm supposed to be a mother!)

They've been in contact almost every day since then. Please fill out this form, please go get fingerprints taken, please let your references know we've emailed... and things like that.

We start our required training next week and will finish at the end of February.

At some point (after training? during training???) we'll begin the "home study" process. That's another big scary unknown...

It's hard not knowing *exactly* what the next step is or if/when we'll ever get a child (or children!) placed with us. I've traded the "two week wait" for a 90-120 day processing time that (hopefully!) ends with us getting verified as a foster home so that we can then... WAIT! :dohh:

Mischief- that sounds intense! Sounds like you're doing great getting through the process though, and I hope your wait seems to go quickly!

Fezzle - Yay for AF's arrival!

Katie P - Ha, yeah, unmedicated does sound crazy sometimes! We'll see how everything goes!

Driving - Thanks for the pic of little Patrick. Nothing cuter than a sleeping baby.

Wish - I'm definitely hoping for a quick labor of course! DD was 11 hours and I was induced, so I'm hoping at least quicker than that! Sending your shrinking vibes. :haha: Hope you can get back to your training soon. Very excited about your Poland trip. What are you doing? All for fun?

Sis - You have to do the fasting one? I'm the same way about snacks and it does suck. Is there anyway someone else can do school drop offs so you can get the first appointment? I get nauseous and light headed if I try to do too much in the morning before eating (before pregnancy too). Sending you some shrinking vibes too.

Mischief - I think it's great that you're doing the foster/adopt route. I used to work with foster children and some of the parents did adopt them. I know they had to go through a lot to just foster. Don't worry about the home study. They'll just check for general safety, make sure you don't have rat poison out, etc. If you have to correct anything, they can do a quick check to make sure it's in order. I'm sure you'll be fine. Good luck and let us know how it's going!

DH always has meeting so I have to drop of my LO his school doesn't start until 8:50 :nope:
I made my appointment for 9:15 but I tried this am to take my meds and wait to eat and got sick around 10 :nope:

Plus she wants me to do a 2hr so it will be lunch time b4 I can eat :(

Mischief glad u r moving forward and proud of u for Fostering!! We would like to adopt but fostering would be to hard on All of us I think !!
Hope u get a great LO fast!!! :)

Mischief-Good to hear from you. Glad that your adoption/foster agency is working quickly. It seems to me that they are usually dragging their feet, so I'm glad you're already in the processing queue. Best of luck to you with everything and please check in periodically.

Radkat-20 days to go. I can't wait!! My sister has had all four of her kids naturally (one in the waiting room), and she says that the medicine slows everything down, which causes long labors, so hopefully you can get in and get out quickly unmedicated. I never asked her about the pain, but she seemed to recover quickly each time, so go for it! And she likes having kids, apparently, so maybe it's not that bad.

Sis-Hmm..getting sick, temperature jump today...what is a girl to think? fxfx

AFM-FFoe says that AF should be here today, however, because of my crazy long IVF cycles, I think it's just confused. I'm waiting patiently for her to arrive for her two day visit. :shrug: And if she doesn't show, great! HA!!HA!! I went to the theater last night to see Annie and it was a good show. There were tons of little girls there, buying their Sandy dolls and Annie dolls. Of course, the whole adoption/orphanage thing got me to thinking about adopting again, but I'm not quite ready to move forward with that. :wacko:

I survived the Gluclose test but now I have a major Migraine :nope:

Oh and of course I took a test today Terri BFN!! :shrug:

Mischief - good to hear from you! I'm so happy for you and your DH. I hope the foster/adoption process goes quickly for you.

Sis - congrats on passing the test.

Terri - have you thought about your next steps yet or are you still laying low?

Hi ladies!!!! I hope everyone is feeling well today with all the assorted tests and :witch: and new babies and of course people waiting to give BIRTH!!!

GL on adoption Mischief!!!! :thumbup: We are considering adopting our second since I'll be turning 40 this year. But we'll see what the doctors say after this one is born - if I get the green light to try again pretty quickly we may do that. Keep us filled in on how it goes for you - sounds like you sure did a lot of work for the application! I wonder if it's like that in Canada.

AFM - my friends at work had a baby shower for me yesterday (my last day is on Friday). I'm starting to realize that I have NO IDEA :shrug: about all the STUFF that babies need (they gave us a bunch of bath and diaper stuff as well as some really cute outfits). Oh well - that's what I can be doing on my two months off before baby comes - extensive research! :haha:

Hi everyone,

I love all the new baby pictures!
KFS-YAY on reaching the 2nd trimester!
Mischief-Congrats on starting the foster/adoption process. We've discussed it but DH doesn't feel he can do it. Maybe he will change his mind if we fail at IVF.
Terri-Congrats on your Masters!!!!
Wish and Sis-Wow I can't believe you both have large cysts. I hope they resolve themselves soon and without the need for surgery!

AFM-nothing new to report as we were waiting for our IVF appointment. It is tomorrow at 2:30. I'm getting really emotional about it even though I thought I came to terms with going. It could be that I am just don't know what to expect.

Oh I survived the test not sure if I passed hopefully I will know today some time !!!

Going to my LOs school for his western dance :) love seeing him in his rodeo gear !! :)

Sis-Glad you survived the test. And sucky about the BFN. Why?? why?? hee hee.

Blues-We'll walk you through any questions you have. Don't worry. It'll be fine. Just make sure you ask the doctor about any questions you have, and don't be afraid to ask him/her to repeat anything you don't understand. You're paying them to listen to you, even if it's only for 1/2 hour or an hour. You wouldn't just throw your money out of the window, so it's important you're ok with everything they say/suggest. It'll be fine.

Futuremom-Yes, two months of research. I wish I had two months off right about now.

AFM-Ok...I have a slight update. My last cycle started on January 01/02. Today is January 29, and I am not on one ounce of medicine or vitamins (well, prenatals if I think about it) or anything. I am not sure where AF is. I haven't temped this time, and hubs and I only had a party three times in the middle of this MONTH because I was mad at him half the month and out of town the other half :haha: So...I'm wondering if it's time for me to go through the change OR...could it be something else?! No, I haven't tested and I'm not planning on it until I can't stand it anymore. I'm usually a 27/28 day girl too, so my brain is starting to turn at a more rapid pace, although I'm trying to remain calm.

So my real update is that I think we'll get through this cycle and then maybe go back to the fertility place starting with my March cycle. I want to use up all my remaining insurance $ since I still have some, and I need to call my prescription place to find out if I really have $10k worth of prescriptions a year versus a lifetime fertility max. If I have a fertility max for my prescriptions, we may be at the end of the road. My insurance changed this year, and I'm not as familiar with the rules now.

Terri - can't wait to hear what happens!!!!

Blues - let us know how your appt went.

Post appointment update-The Dr didn't believe I needed to repeat the HSG because my medical history does not indicate that I had anything to cause a blockage. She performed an ultrasound to get a follicle count. (I didn't even realize I was getting it done until she said it!) She was SO happy with my follicle count that if we went with IVF she would expect to extract around 19 eggs. She was able to tell that I had ovulated from the right ovary. She was also very happy that I had been tracking because, she was able to confirm that I ovulated every month. She said that I had amazing fertility for someone my age.

Sooooo, because of the morphology issue the odds of IUI are not very high but she said some people get pregnant through it even with the morphology issue. If I go straight to ivf, then once AF arrives, I start BCP. She would like me on it for 10 days, then start stimming.

One thing that caused concern for DH, is if we do IVF she implants two embryos. He does not want twins at all. She stated that it helps our chances to implant 2, since for my age group it is only a 40% chance for a pregnancy.

Emotionally, I was all over the place. First I wanted to cry because she was like your olddddddd. Then I was all happy because she said that I was very fertile for someone my age. Then I was unsure, because is this really selfish of me to go through all this. Is it selfish to put DH through all this? But I truly feel we would be wonderful parents.

Blues-That is awesome news!! See..nothing to worry about. What do you mean by selfish to go through this? What is selfish about wanting a baby. I would say that a majority of women want kids, so there is nothing selfish about that at all. And...if morphology is your only "problem" you are in WAY better shape than a lot of people. Ha, get it? shape/morphology. *snort* hee hee. I am really excited.

I had 3 embies put in (both times) and nothing took. At our age, the odds of having twins are slim, so they put more than one in with hopes that one will fertilize. But...you have to do what you are comfortable with. Say you do have 19 embies that make it..you have 19 chances to get a baby, so I say do one and see what happens. I am really, truly, so excited you took the step to go to the doctor. Only good things are in your future.

AFM-I was going to take a test today, but my husband spends an hour in our main bathroom, and he would not LEAVE so I didn't test. The later I wake up, the longer he stays in the bathroom primping. This morning, after standing next to him for a few minutes, I finally said 'I HAVE TO GO PEE. GET OUT!!' I have even asked him before 'when you wake up, don't you have to pee?' Thinking that he would get a clue and realize that when I wake up, that means get out of the bathroom. hee hee. Maybe this afternoon I can do it. Ffoe said I should have tested two days ago. That makes me feel a smidge positive, but still...I just don't know.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->