%% OLDIES But GOODIES %%

Wish- Take it easy at work and don't leave your desk unless you have too. Hoping the pain lets up soon but in the end it will be worth it. Even if DH is gone for this cycle you still have a few more before the year is out. FX this is it for you.

Sis- I know it's hard not to get too excited when you've been disappointed so many times before. We can all just be excited for you and you can be the cool cucumber relaxing in the pool until testing time. So happy for your FB friend. Hoping you two both get prego together.

Terri- Let us know what's up when you finally hear something. I'm all too familiar with the conflicting emotions of wanting them to feel the consequences of their actions but also wanting what your heart desires. sigh take it a day at a time and take it easy today. Sorry you're feeling sore.

KFS1-Thanks for checking in. When you get a chance we'll take the pics but don't stress about it. We know you are busy. Just keep enjoying your little one.

Well I hop3 those 3 r too stoned and lazy to do anything but get the Munchies and Grow Grow Grow!!! ;)

HOH for u lady!!!

Yay Terri! Three fertilized is 3 chances. So excited for you!

Question-Feeling like crap this evening. Not sick like I thought but I am nauseous and have cramps and bad lower back ache. I don't typically get cramps and lower back pain is not usual either. I have a high tolerance for pain but this crap is for the birds. Took a two hour nap and still not feeling better. DH thinks I should go to the dr but I don't want to. Any thoughts? Currently cuddled with a heating pad. :-(

Test!! Hee hee. Sorry you're feeling so bad. The doctor will probably ask if you're prego anyway, so just double check and then I guess go to the doctor. I'm not sure what to tell you. Did you eat something bad?

I might test in the morning because I do not feel like getting out of bed right now. I don't think I ate anything bad. I made lemon chicken orzo soup (the kind can get at panera) and the whole family ate it but no one else is feeling sick or anything. Sigh just thought I'd get some other opinions. Especially with this funky chart, I'm not expecting a BFP at all.

Terri great news. Agree with sis-hope they'll just kick back and enjoy!
Joy def test-looks good!
Hi to all. Sos for being rubbish. Having a stressful time with my mum. Back to school next week. Currently fasting to have the glucose tolerance test. Blah!x

nessaw-Sorry you're having such a crazy week, but I hope the glucose test turns out ok for you. fxfx

Joy-Ok..something is seriously up (aside from your temperature). Maybe you should go to the doctor. That temp is way too high.

I thought my temp was high but WTH Joy I agree w Terri that is a Fever best to go get a check up and maybe test so u know what to tell them believe me take it for someone who lost a Baby due to fever u don't want to take the chance!! :(

Well my trigger is gone so any line from here on out will be a BFP so we shall see FXFXFX!!!

Neesaw back to school is hard on the kids I can't imagine how hard it is for the teachers hope the drama settles down for u!!!

Sis-I am LOVING your chart this time around, although with your vag temping, you really do have stellar charts every month. fxfx is right! That would be amazing. how are your sister's kids doing? Any updates? I just love looking at Abigail's foot, although by now I'm sure it's way bigger. hee hee.

Moni posted a few pics of Oliver in the BFP chasers thread on the >35 if anyone is interested.

I will have to go take a look thanks for letti g us know Terri !!! Idk about my Abbi Girl my sis was in rehab and got out and was dong well until she got into a fight at the half way house she was staying at so she got sent to jail... The whole time all this is going on Abbi has been w her Dad :shrug:
My sis is talking about coming home but idk if that will happen and idk if she will ever get Custody back for my Abbi :(

She should have left her here W me when she was a baby she would have never known the violence and addiction she's had to see almost daily :cry:

So at the current time my sister has 7 kids and has custody of none makes me so upset that I'm not apart of the lives of the ones in PA makes me even more upset that people like me and u deserve a LO just one and it's so hard for us!! :nope:

Rant over but thank u for asking I will try to upload a new pic for u to see from FB!! ;)

Nessaw- Hope your glucose test went well. Back to school sucks. My DH is a teacher too so I know what you go through.

Sis-You're chart is amazing! Can't wait until it's time for you to test. That really is tough when we have people in our families who are able to have children like nothing and we are struggling so hard to make it happen. FX this is your month though!

Terri-How long before you have to go for the transfer? I'm rooting for you my friend!

AFM-Yep down for the count. Test was negative so I'm fighting something which is wreaking havoc on my body. Haven't been off the couch all day. Still cramping and felling blah in general. Can we move on to the next cycle already....grr

Joy-sorry you're feeling so bad. I really hope whatever it is moves on quickly. It sounds really bad.

Sis-that sucks about your family and little miss Abbi. Life can be so unfair and for all those kids it is really unfair for them too. :hugs:

AFM-Hubs just listened to the call and all three embryos are dividing properly. They are supposed to be two cell today and they are all at four cell. I still don't have my hopes up, but I will be grateful for a small success today. Again, he is unemotional. I'm torn, as usual. Maybe there's a nice name for an alcoholic pothead baby. I need to stop saying that before that dream comes true.

Mary Jane :rofl: Sorry Terri I had too!! :hugs:

I have had a day myself my back is killin me I got overheated pulling weeds then had to drive my BIGS around all afternoon which didn't help my back :nope:
We had a Big storm blow in while we were out and about and the power must have been out cuz the clocks were flashing and my FANCY Thermostat is dead :grr:

So I have been in the attic crawling around trying to fix the connection change the fuse anything to try to fix it Notta this didn't help my back and now I'm hot and sweaty AGAIN!! :nope:

TERRI-- I've been thinking a little more on the situation about the argument with your husband. Or the not speaking to your husband, I should say. I don't know if there is one of us on this thread that hasn't been pissed off at her other half for their lack of concern with TTC issues. From big situations, like this IVF you are going through, to something much smaller like not wanting to BD on a fertile day. But at the end of the day, the concern that we all feel is the same. In that, "He just doesn't give a shit about having a baby like I do! What kind of a father would he be, anyways, if he doesn't seem to care or have any respect for this process of getting there?!"

While we are here obsessing about trying to create another life, popping supplements, sticking thermometers in sacred places, researching TTC-related subject for more hours than actually working at a real job to pay for all the shit and, for many ladies...injecting medications, going to countless numbers of doctors appointments, having things scraped and flushed and taken out and implanted... And you look over at your other half and realize that he is just going along with his life as usual, with the mentality of "If it happens, it happens."

I'm sure there is more than one of us on this thread who has cried into their pillow at night (while their other half is sleeping soundly with not a care in the world), thinking these thoughts about how it no longer feels like a partnership to getting pregnant, and that you are all alone in the process. Crying because you care more than they do. Because the fact is, you do!

No man, no matter how sensitive or evolved he is, is going to care about having a baby as much as a woman does. It is in our DNA, (although there are always exceptions), to yearn for a child. Because whether you look at it from a religious-based or scientific-based or a mixed view, women are the ones who carry the child, have the function to be able to feed the child, are the most alert to when their child cries, and we are programed to be the nurturer. Even with adoptions, etc. where the woman doesn't physically carry the child, that instinct and need is built into us to nurture.

Again, it's not the rule in every single case, but usually, it is the woman who has the greater desire to have little ones. And even after the little ones are in your life, you will still notice times when the husband has no problem sitting on the couch watching football while you are running around like a mad woman taking care of the baby/ kids. This is just the way that it tends to be.

You will always give more when it comes to having children and raising children because it is ingrained in you, more than it is ingrained in them. But that doesn't mean that all these guys are crap fathers. Not at all!! It's just their instincts are different than ours are. In the same way that their relationships with their family and friends are much different than the way we approach those same kind of relationships, and the same holds true with how they approach their relationships with their kids.

It's OK to still be angry with him, because the decision he made was wrong. Wrong from an emotional and a financial standpoint. But I hope that you guys can take this particular strain and communicate about it and let this help to make your marriage even stronger going forward. Just like the trials we face in life, the trials we face in our marriage can often times help us just grow and learn and be better for it.

Big hugs to you!

OK, sorry all! I was writing that big novel to Terri the day that she was really pissed at her husband and I never got a chance to post it. So I just did that tonight. I will respond to everyone else tomorrow!

Katie-yeah, I get all that; I care more than he does, but when he knows the schedule and that between August 20-22, do I or should I really have to say 'Now, husband...you know that retrieval is coming up in the next few days, so a) you'll have to drive me and b) don't get wasted. I kept him apprised exactly when retrieval would be for about 4 days straight going in because I wasn't really sure depending on my follies. But, no, I shouldn't have to say that. I'm mad because he was very inconsiderate and selfish, and didn't take my feelings or emotions into account. He just did what he wanted, not thinking of me or our future. He had 2 years to get wasted every night if he wanted to EXCEPT those three egg retrieval days, and he probably did, well not really, but how can he not ABSTAIN or even drink less for one day, knowing that he already has a low level sperm problem? That's why I'm mad. Not that he doesn't care. I could care less about him actually caring, because I will love that baby 5000% with or without him. It is just super frustrating. Oh, and he still hasn't apologized, so he's still staying in the other room. Maybe he'll stay there forever. I can not care just as easily as he can.

Thanks for the well wishes Terri. Now if only my body would respond. Still barely mobile. The cramping and back pain has stopped but small activities wipe me out and I have to sleep for a couple hours. If this was for a baby I'd be okay with it but to be negative and feel like this is not acceptable. By tomorrow I'm hoping things will turn around. Haven't had a meal in a few days so whatever this is should be starved to death. LOL

Sis-duh!!! I forgot to laugh at that earlier. Too funny.

So today's update (hubs has been getting home earlier than usual every day) is that all three have 8 cells!! They are supposed to have between 6-8 on day three. I'm getting a little more excited with hopes that one will be normal. No update tomorrow but Friday they will biopsy them for PGS and then we wait for the results. Scary mama. Another small success.

Woot! Woot! I'm so excited for you Terri!!! That is fantastic news :wohoo::wohoo: I know we are hoping for just one good one but can you imagine 3!!! Oh I am keep you in prayer and I hope you and hubby can mend your relationship soon. Can't fix it if you don't talk about it. I know you are probably tired of always saying the same things but I'm hoping you will give it a shot anyway. Love and hugs.:hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->