%% OLDIES But GOODIES %%

Ha ha sounds like we need a round of new thermometers for everyone! LOL HOH that your temps are correct and your baby maker is cooking.

Well I guess my thermometer is still working as I got a even higher temp this Am!!! :shrug:

Yay! GO Sis GO!!

General question- If you are using Fertility Friend to track basal temps, do you use the recommended Advanced setting or another one? On the standard setting I haven't O'd but if I switch to research or FAM they both show O but on different days. Either way I would have missed the chance to BD on the O dates given but just curious as to what everyone else uses. One shows O on day 24 and the other on day 27???

:hi: ladies - hate to make this just about me...but recovery from this LAP is a pain to say the least... :growlmad:

I apologize for taking so long to update on my surgery... I have been sleeping a lot and this is only the third time out of bed for me today and technically i go from bed to couch !! I did not get to talk to the doctor - he spoke to my husband so I only know what my husband is telling me until my follow up appointment in two weeks... he did not remove both cysts (masses) completely from my right ovary- I guess he left part of one because he was afraid it would damage the lining of the ovary?? and he apparently burned quite a bit of endo and he had pictures of that but it didn't seem like a lot but I guess its better that he burned it off... he didnt say where exactly all the endo was - I guess I will get more details at my next appt... the good news is that the left tube is open (i was told it was closed during my HSG) - he said its just slow:happydance:... so that is what I know.. I two good size gushes of blood yesterday but it seems to have slowed down today which is a good thing... kinda forcing myself out of bed...trying to stop laying in the bed all day!!
no :sex: for two weeks... this cycle will be crazy anyway - since I have no idea what will happen after the surgery cyclewise...

hope everyone is doing great!! Terri I am saying extra prayers for your retrieval tomorrow!!! come on eggies!!!

Glad to hear things went well Wish!!! Hope u feel better really soon and hope it gets u closer to that BFP!!! :hugs:

Ten eggs retrieved. No motile sperm found with first sample after my hubs had a rage out night with friends. Second sample had sperm. I told the embryologist 'good luck'. I think this is the end of the game for me after exactly two years. I'm so pissed off. Hubs and I are not speaking and he's not invited to transfer should anything appear normal. I'll know in about ten-twelve days.

Wish-sorry your procedure wasn't exactly a what you wanted but at least your other tube is open. That's half the battle!

Sorry u didn't have a better retrieval Terri time to :grr: DH!!!

Terri - my heart and my anger go out to you! I don't understand your hubs behavior... I wish I could give you a hug and kick him at the same time...
Grrrr men... I will keep HOH that you will get some good normal babies back - I am so sorry he doesn't care as much as we do!!! Love you girl :hugs2:

Wish- Great news about the open tube and I hope you recover quickly. Good you are getting up a little bit but make sure you don't over do it. FX you are on your way to a BFP. :thumbup:

Terri- I'm glad you got so many eggs at retrieval. HOH that there will be enough healthy sperm to get the job done. You only need 1! I know you guys aren't talking right now but at some point you have to get it off your chest. Hopefully before the transfer because the stress and anger won't help with implantation. I wish it had went better for you my friend. :hugs2:

Hi all,
Just checking in to see how Terri's retrieval went...10 eggs is great..,wasn't that your number last time or last 2 times even?

I'm a little confused about the sperm though. Is the procedure to put the eggs in a dish with a sampling of sperm and then the sperm find their way to the eggs? They put all of the eggs and sperm in one dish and hope for the best that everyone finds each other? I'm sorry I'm so fuzzy on this. So he had to give two samples? What makes the samples different? The sperm get that affected overnight or in such a short timeframe from outside influences like, say alcohol and smoking or whatever?

Oh, you are clearly pissed off at him and you know your stuff when it comes to the IVF process, but I guess I'm just surprised that short term naughtiness on his part could have an effect so soon.

I'm so sorry TERRI, that you are going into this IVF, which should be exciting and hopeful, feeling angry and discouraged. 😔.

And Wish, I'm so glad the procedure is over and that to have a clear lefty! That is such great news!!! 😀

Katie,
Prior to retrieval, they take the sample, wash it down and find the best sperm. Then, they cut off the tail and have it ready to go when the eggs are retrieved. For some reason the first set wasn't adequate. I asked if it was the volume, and the embryologist said 'no, the doctor will follow up with you.' Then, right before retrieval she asked what happened and if something happened during transport, etc. I told her what happened and then she left and came back after the second sample was processed and said 'we have sperm.' I don't know the details specifically. I do know that someone usually calls to see how I'm doing after retrieval and no one called. I bet you it was a bust of a cycle. I'm still so, so angry. Anyone want company for a week?

Hang in there Terri. I'm sending positive thoughts your way. Wish I had room to host you for a week. Mountain air might do you some good. :hug:

AFM-I have decided that either I am getting sick and don't know it or my thermometer is really broken. This mornings temp was ridiculously high and so I did it a second time and it came back a bit higher than the first. WTH?! My temp is never that high. UGH! Trying to patiently wait out this cycle but it's getting very frustrating...

Maybe you finally ovulated!! Sorry your temp/chart is so crazy this month. Do you feel sick? Thanks for the offer. I'm really just about out of vacation time, so the only place I'm going is upstairs to my room to read/watch tv.

Blues-How did you make out on Friday?

Sis-Any updates from you?

Hi to everyone else. I'm still so angry. No one called me with an update yesterday. I can't really remember, but I think they at least call you to ask how you are doing after retrieval, and to give a report of how many eggs were mature, and how many fertilized. In hindsight, I think I probably should have just frozen my eggs and started looking for a sperm donor. :growlmad:

Terri- If they don't call you today, I'd call them. Just my opinion. I don't feel like I'm coming down with anything. If I did O this late in the game then there is zero chance. DH has had some things going on so BD had been non existent. Other than that I've had some mild cramping and feel a little nauseous but I was thinking it just AF heading my way. I was thinking she'd be here by the end of this week.

Katie- Hey lady! Hope you and the family are all doing well.

Terri - :growlmad::hissy::hissy::grr::grr::grr::trouble::trouble::trouble:
I am seriously so upset with your husband... I hope this cycle isnt a bust and they call you with some kind of results today... and you are always welcome to my house... sit on my back deck and watch the river and its wildlife... I am just angry with him... I could say a whole bunch more - but it doesn't really help - I am sure you are thinking plenty of your own thoughts right now... we are here for you friend - vent away anytime you need too... :hugs2:

Joy - wow what a temp jump - maybe you did ovulate super late...
i guess we just watch and see now!! FX :flower:

AFM: back at work today... if I could sit at my desk and never leave it I think I would be good...but getting up and walking is hard those first few steps... I am very swollen on my left side - which confuses me a little since the masses were on my right ovary - but maybe they had to do some work on that left tube??:shrug: I looked the pictures the Dr gave my husband and there was endo everywhere it seems - so I am sure that is why the surgery took twice as long as it was supposed too...it was a three hour procedure...I am also trying to just take ibuprofen today and not any powerful stuff... just hoping everything is healing up in there...
my husband leaves on Sunday for two weeks - so even if I had a good cycle this time - its all for bust... so maybe sometime in September we can actually have a cycle we can try again...

Wish-You're sore on your left side, because when the doctor is looking at you and performing the suregery, he calls everything to his right, your right side. It's backwards. hee hee. Try to stay at your desk if you can. I'm feeling a little sore too today, even though yesterday I didn't feel bad at all. Enjoy this week with your DH.

Thanks for being mad at my husband too. I don't know if I want good results. I want him to feel bad, and right now, I'm not sure if he feels bad or just like 'oh well. What's done is done.' He doesn't really talk (he just pouts), so I can't really gauge how he feels. I only know how I feel.

Wish/twinnie - I'm so happy the surgery is over and yay for an open left tube! That's great news. That stinks that you can't take more time to relax. Hope the healing process isn't too long.

Terri - again, I'm so sorry about what your DH did. I seriously don't understand men sometimes. Like one night off from partying is a big deal after all that you have done. Grrrrrrr. I don't blame you for keeping your distance. I hope you get a call today from the clinic. xoxoxo

Sis - nice looking chart!

Joy - wow. That is quite a jump! You never know though - maybe it is your O. Maybe pick up another thermometer for tomorrow just in case.

Once again, on my stupid phone so can't post a pic. This kid's sleeping on my chest after a fussy morning so I can't move. I'm the worst - will post a pic soon. Love you ladies.

My only update is that a friend on my FB group got a surprise BFP we r the only ones still trying and have kinda cut the group out cuz it makes us feel bad to know we r only the loneliest!! :(
So excited for her and she keeps saying she has a good feeling about me and my Chart yes my temps r super HIGH higher than ever but I've been let down so many times I'm afraid to be Hopeful!! :nope:

My LO went back to school this Am it's strange to have my BIG still here tho he was suppose to go work on his truck but the school told him today was to busy ... His shop teacher told him to go it wasn't his idea :shrug:

So I'm in the dreaded wait what if what if stage and I hate it!!! :nope:

Terri u r welcome here lady it's HOT but we have a pool to chill in ;)

Wish I bet that BFP is around the corner w all the Endo gone maybe the left side hurts cuz it had more Endo Ur girls probably sat on that side and made scars :shrug: who knows !!!

Katie and Katie good to hear from u!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->