Omg eminem playing at wemberly

I don't know my way round London plus I'm visually impaired so I'm gonna struggle a bit to get there this is why I wanted somewhere close to the stadium. Premier in is 3 miles away

I don't know my way round London plus I'm visually impaired so I'm gonna struggle a bit to get there this is why I wanted somewhere close to the stadium. Premier in is 3 miles away

3 miles is quite far by London's standards (I measure distance by time not miles since moving here lol), I would make sure you plan out your travel plans from the hotel to the gig and back beforehand if you're worried, especially considering how busy it'll be :flower:

Marine wag thanks for he tip I too need a hotel but maybe a train is easier and stay a bit further out?

Yeah I would either try to stay at a hotel actually within walking distance (there's a massive Ibis right outside among others) or I would stay at one that is close to one of the stations on the chiltern line that goes to Wembley Station, that'll probably be cheaper, doesn't have to be far out, the tube station is a bit of a trek from the stadium but the train line is right outside. However, I would look at what time trains arrive and leave to ensure they cover the gig and so you dont have to dive out early, especially considering it gets insanely busy. I basically would try to avoid a need for buses or taxis, if you're willing to walk to the tube that's fine but chances are it'll be shut by the time you leave.

* I reiterate, check when the last train of the night is if you go down that route!x

Thanks that's helpful.

Sounding stupid here but this is my first proper gig what time roughly should it finish? Opens at 5

Usually around 11 which is the problem with London, I saw muse at the emirates last year and the last tube was 10-something but bearing in mind there were thousands of people to leave a lot of us had to leave earlier. I'm not sure what Wembley is like at night (I've only been to the arena next door) usually the main act comes on about 9, there's a break and would usually finish by 11 because other stadiums have curfews for noise due to residents. But check with someone who has specifically done Wembley and remember to give loads of time to physically get out, I always dive out of gigs a bit early and watch the encore as I'm leaving lol.

Thanks il check all of that. Where would you reconvened staying out with wen bogey if it's possible?

Iv had a look and we could get a train from west ruilsp? To the event and be there an hour before the event starts there's a train a 23:50 and one at 00:19(last one).
Found a hotel for about £85 plus our tickets for train is £24 so all in all around £100 plus flights much cheaper than we were going to be I think x

Thanks il check all of that. Where would you reconvened staying out with wen bogey if it's possible?

Sorry I've tried to reshuffle but auto correct has defeated me, what do you mean lol?

Just wanted to add as well, if you wanted to look at staying in Central London to do something there during the day that's totally plausible you could just get the Chiltern line from Marleybone to Wembley Stadium, but again you will need to check the times to ensure you can get back to your hotel ok.

Iv had a look and we could get a train from west ruilsp? To the event and be there an hour before the event starts there's a train a 23:50 and one at 00:19(last one).
Found a hotel for about £85 plus our tickets for train is £24 so all in all around £100 plus flights much cheaper than we were going to be I think x

West Ruislip is my neck of the woods, if you have an Oyster card you can use that even though it's the main line, that'll be much cheaper, I think even if you bought an Oyster card it would work out cheaper than £24?. I wouldn't worry about getting there too early unless you're mega keen for a good place standing, doors open at 5 but bare in mind the main act often doesn't come on until 8-9 normally 9 ish, if you're seated there's no rush anyway, but of course there are warm up acts before hand. I'm impressed there are trains on so late.

Does it work out much cheaper than staying in Wembley itself? Because that would be the easiest option if it isn't massively more expensive. I'm just gonna feel mega guilty now if it turns out to be a pain for you lol, but my friends and I go to gigs in London often especially as we get tickets for troops and I know a load of my friends went to Robbie in Wembley last year from west Ruislip and all was great!

Hotels in wembley are £200 for a night :(. That's true. Only other thing is our flights to heathrow are going to be a nightmare!:(

What's an Oyster card?

There is no chance of me going I just wNted to say I loove him. I remember when he brought out the eminem show I would sit and listen to it from start to finish alllll the time. The memories....

What site have u used to cheak the undergroud tubve times?

TfL's website is for the tube but it's quite a walk from the stadium. If you look on Wembley's website they w ll usually have info on how to get there.

Bittersweet Oyster is the travel card we use across London, it's the cheapest fare but you have to pay £5 to buy it so you'd need to weigh up if it's worth it if you're not in London much. Heathrow is pretty close by too so might be worth looking up options of staying around heathrow and how to get to and from the stadium.

TfL's website is for the tube but it's quite a walk from the stadium. If you look on Wembley's website they w ll usually have info on how to get there.

Bittersweet Oyster is the travel card we use across London, it's the cheapest fare but you have to pay £5 to buy it so you'd need to weigh up if it's worth it if you're not in London much. Heathrow is pretty close by too so might be worth looking up options of staying around heathrow and how to get to and from the stadium.

Can u use the card the next day?

Cant u get it to wemberly stadium tho down wemberly way

An Oyster card is just a card you buy and load money onto, so it just depends how much you will use it as to wether it is worth paying £5 out for it or just buy the paper travel cards that cost a bit more than an oyster fare.

Wembley Stadium station is for the national network line, the Chiltern rail line runs through it, this is the closest train line only a few minutes walk, to get the Chiltern you will either need to get it from Marleybone in Central London or find the nearest train station to you, it'll depend where you're staying as to whether this is at all feasible. The tube station in Wembley is about 10 minutes away (I thought it was further than this I have to admit, I could have sworn it was 20 mins when I last looked but we live on the Chiltern so it's much easier for us) so that is do-able it looks a simple walk from the search I did (plus there will be crowds of people anyway so I doubt you'll get lost) but I would check what time the last tube is, it'll depend how residential it is, I imagine it won't be as early as the station by the Emirates, that was stupidly early!

Im staying here

https://www.premierinn.com/en/hotel/LONHAN/london-hanger-lane

there is a underground not far called haner lane

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back