OMG I need distracting

I am driving myself nuts, tearful, depressed a real misery to be around today. Come and talk to me about something other than TTC please. What have you all been up to today? Do you have the next two days off, (we do here in Spain.) Anything to stop me from thinking about myself for a bit.](*,)](*,)

Ditto! Well, except for the two days off...
I managed to keep busy today getting ready for work, and all that comes with it. Packing three days worth of diet food is always a challenge. 2ww is making me nuts. I am grateful to at least be in with a chance this month though.
Normally, I fly to Madrid, but I will be forced to fly some domestic these next three days. It could be worse. I've got a Seattle layover and Philadelphia.
Did you bake anything? A flan???

:hugs::hugs: I truly love you ladies. You oftentimes say what I am feeling and that makes me feel normal, lol.

Shall we tell stories to get distracted?

You have me thinking of France right now.

I have a friend that is French (we actually met as foreign exchange students). She flew out to visit me once and managed to smuggle me some pain au chocolat!! OMG- it was still good too! :happydance:

So, go to France and have pain au chocolat therapy.

Have you been to Mont St. Michel? You know that I went there and only took about 4 pictures! :wacko: I am so disappointed in myself.

Ok I googled adam lambert and no he doesn´t do it for me, btu Russel Brand totally does as does Noel Feilding and they both wear makeup. SO yes I think you may have something. My ex looked a lot like Prince and he was super sexy!! I saw the Sign of the Times tour and until I saw him live I didn´t get it but that man is just sex personified live!!
Yes I know what you mean I´m up and down a lot during the month but then around CD12 to 14 I´m just down.

Did you guys know prince has a new tour starting in November? Too bad it's so expensive:dohh:

I live in Canada, we are forced to learn French!! I am sure people from France wouldn't consider it real French :haha:

I was just wondering how you learned to spell in a different language. I can learn to speak other languages pretty easy but I can not spell. Not even in English :haha:

I was just wondering how you learned to spell in a different language. I can learn to speak other languages pretty easy but I can not spell. Not even in English :haha:

For myself, we start taking French in grade 4 and it continues to grade 9, after that you can choose to continue or not. Everything here has both French and English on it (required by law) so you get used to all the French words for food anyway :winkwink:

Milty my spelling in Spanish is better than in English most of the time, it is just a much easier language to write! French is awful though and I don´t even try.

Viking, I made the five min chocolate cake, but it wasn´t great, I don´t think things cooks in the microwave ever are, but it was fast. What is your job that brings you to Madrid?
Jennifer, I spent a month in Quebec, I love Canadian French, but you are right the French here have a hard time understanding it.
Never:hugs: sorry to hear you´d feel anything I´ve said as it is all pretty depressing. But I´m a bit better today, hope your on good form too.

I'm a real Francophile and not bad at spoken French so a few years ago I joined a penpal site and started emailing with a french surgeon from Marseille. A few months down the line we decided to meet up and I had all these romantic notions, until I met him at the train station and he was...very short. 4' 10". I'm not tall but he was tiny. And he turned up with a stuffed panther toy. It was a very odd weekend and he was such awful company that I spent it all texting my friends and family with comedic updates. When my brother picked me up from the train station he asked me if I'd enjoyed my weekend with Toulouse Lautrec :haha:.

I'm also jealous of your jaunt to the patisseries! I adore french pastries and would be HUGE if I lived there.

I took 4 years of French in highschool. I was pretty fluent by the time I actually got to France. The accent kept throwing me off though. I could read and write really well, but it was a little difficult to understand. Even though my French teacher was actually French (and was fluent in French, Italian, Spanish, English, and Armenian) I found conversation a little difficult to follow. Honestly, everyone wanted to speak English to me, so I felt I had little time to even practice it while in the country. I never came across those that dislike Americans. I was warned about how the French don't care for us, but was not at all my experience. Honestly, they would hear us speaking English and they would come up to us and start a friendly conversation. I wonder if they enjoyed practicing their English.

But now? I'm totally lost, lol. I can't speak it and I hardly remember it.

keekee-that is hilarious!:rofl:

Ok Keek the big question is do you still write to him??

keekee, that is hilarious! you've just brightened the day :rofl:

ready, i noticed that the most of the hotel staff wherever we went were somewhat more partial to American's speaking English. Not quite so with the Brits though, there's an expectation that you must at least attempt French and only after a minute of stuttering and spluttering your way through a sentence can you respectfully give up and just ask in English!

I came across some really funny hotel notices in English:
"Plastic bags of dog excrement are available at the reception desk."

Well I was restrained (ish) in France and had just a pan au raisin and an eclair. Sadly I had to come back earlier than we wanted to because I started spotting this morning two days early and I had to get to the Doctors to change the day for my blood tests before they closed for the holiday. So now I have the tests on Thursday and I´m worrying that AF won´t arrive in time, Doh! isn´t there always something!!!
Tolouse Latrec hahahah Two loos latrine, poor Keekee

I'm a real Francophile and not bad at spoken French so a few years ago I joined a penpal site and started emailing with a french surgeon from Marseille. A few months down the line we decided to meet up and I had all these romantic notions, until I met him at the train station and he was...very short. 4' 10". I'm not tall but he was tiny. And he turned up with a stuffed panther toy. It was a very odd weekend and he was such awful company that I spent it all texting my friends and family with comedic updates. When my brother picked me up from the train station he asked me if I'd enjoyed my weekend with Toulouse Lautrec :haha:.

I'm also jealous of your jaunt to the patisseries! I adore french pastries and would be HUGE if I lived there.

Stuffed panther?!?!?:haha:

I got a big laugh out of this, but a stuffed panther toy...?? :shock: What was it for? Was it a present for you?

Viking, I made the five min chocolate cake, but it wasn´t great, I don´t think things cooks in the microwave ever are, but it was fast. What is your job that brings you to Madrid?
I'm a flight attendant. I speak Spanish so I mostly fly destinations where they need a speaker. I majored in Spanish in college. I took three years of Latin in high school but don't remember anything past grammar structure. I remember no vocabulary at all. I took French but college level started out so hard that I gave up and switched to Spanish. I actually started out in Spanish, but the very first class the teacher walked in and only spoke Spanish. I left afterward and immediately dropped and signed up for French. I took one year of high school French, but it didn't help all that much. I found pronunciation to be very tricky. And there are so many irregularities. I am glad I ended up back in Spanish eventually. The second time around I had the best teacher I ever had. So I guess it was meant to be. That was a ramble to distract you :haha:
I love palmeras de chocolate. I have to steer clear of them. One of these days I will treat myself with one. Pain au chocolat is to die for. On my last trip to Madrid I got terribly sick. I am not positive was it was that got me. I had terrible food poisoning. I suspect the jamón serrano, but I will never be able to say for sure. I don't know how it could be since nothing could survive that salt! It was probably something else. All I know is that I wanted to die. I got a huge temp spike from it and got nervous and tested. BFN. I was slightly relieved. I was not going to survive pregnancy if that is what morning sickness felt like. :sick:

Cool, I haven´t had many classes in any language, I learned on the street which means I speak well but only by chance. I really should study French now, but I can´t be bothered, i teach English so the idea of being a student after hours of being a teacher is too awful.
My OH loves palmeras, normal ones, I prefer una ensaimada myself.
How does flying lots affect ttc? It must be hard on your body. You have my respect, it is a job I could never do, you have to be nice to some real idiots, and work long hours in cramped conditions. But I guess if you like travel it is perfect.
Thanks for rambling, it is interesting and does distract me well.

Cool, I haven´t had many classes in any language, I learned on the street which means I speak well but only by chance. I really should study French now, but I can´t be bothered, i teach English so the idea of being a student after hours of being a teacher is too awful.
How does flying lots affect ttc? It must be hard on your body. You have my respect, it is a job I could never do, you have to be nice to some real idiots, and work long hours in cramped conditions. But I guess if you like travel it is perfect.

You are welcome. Yes, my job sucks. I wish I could do something else. I feel completely stuck. I will be thankful I have employment as my DH does not. Most people think my job is lovely and glamorous. It isn't. It is very hard being nice to idiots but it is even harder to be nice to self-important, entitled twats who believe that they don't need to follow the rules or be respectful or polite to me. The travel can be hard on my body. I am mostly used to it but miss the sleeping pills. I had to give those up for TTC. On a positive note I have definitely been to lots of places I would never have had the opportunity to see with my job. I guess I was bitten by the travel bug in high school. My very first overseas trip was to the UK. It was fabulous. Then I studied in Sevilla for a semester in college. After college I couldn't find a job. That's what happens when you major in a language but don't want to be a teacher. I fell into this career and I haven't found my direction since. I really just want to be a SAHM. Not going to happen with my DH laying around the house waiting for me to bring home the bacon :grr:

Have you thought of going into business?

A lot of international companies pay very well for those that can speak, read and write in another language.

It is why I wish I could learn to write in one of the languages I speak. It's the only thing hold me back from triple the salary I make now. But alas I have tried for years and don't seem to have the ability. However, I can out speak most anyone. I've had natives be surprised when the meet me and realize I'm not "from there".

You are welcome. Yes, my job sucks. I wish I could do something else. I feel completely stuck. I will be thankful I have employment as my DH does not. Most people think my job is lovely and glamorous. It isn't. It is very hard being nice to idiots but it is even harder to be nice to self-important, entitled twats who believe that they don't need to follow the rules or be respectful or polite to me. The travel can be hard on my body. I am mostly used to it but miss the sleeping pills. I had to give those up for TTC. On a positive note I have definitely been to lots of places I would never have had the opportunity to see with my job. I guess I was bitten by the travel bug in high school. My very first overseas trip was to the UK. It was fabulous. Then I studied in Sevilla for a semester in college. After college I couldn't find a job. That's what happens when you major in a language but don't want to be a teacher. I fell into this career and I haven't found my direction since. I really just want to be a SAHM. Not going to happen with my DH laying around the house waiting for me to bring home the bacon :grr:

Ohhhh whenever I am annoyed at work I fantasize about being a SAHM:cloud9:
Sighhhhhhhh

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back