OMG I need distracting

Cool, I haven´t had many classes in any language, I learned on the street which means I speak well but only by chance. I really should study French now, but I can´t be bothered, i teach English so the idea of being a student after hours of being a teacher is too awful.
My OH loves palmeras, normal ones, I prefer una ensaimada myself.
How does flying lots affect ttc? It must be hard on your body. You have my respect, it is a job I could never do, you have to be nice to some real idiots, and work long hours in cramped conditions. But I guess if you like travel it is perfect.
Thanks for rambling, it is interesting and does distract me well.

You are welcome. Yes, my job sucks. I wish I could do something else. I feel completely stuck. I will be thankful I have employment as my DH does not. Most people think my job is lovely and glamorous. It isn't. It is very hard being nice to idiots but it is even harder to be nice to self-important, entitled twats who believe that they don't need to follow the rules or be respectful or polite to me. The travel can be hard on my body. I am mostly used to it but miss the sleeping pills. I had to give those up for TTC. On a positive note I have definitely been to lots of places I would never have had the opportunity to see with my job. I guess I was bitten by the travel bug in high school. My very first overseas trip was to the UK. It was fabulous. Then I studied in Sevilla for a semester in college. After college I couldn't find a job. That's what happens when you major in a language but don't want to be a teacher. I fell into this career and I haven't found my direction since. I really just want to be a SAHM. Not going to happen with my DH laying around the house waiting for me to bring home the bacon :grr:

Ohhhh whenever I am annoyed at work I fantasize about being a SAHM:cloud9:
Sighhhhhhhh

Me too! I would love it, but it will never happen for me, unless we win the lotto (and we don't even play :haha:).

I feel stuck in my job too Viking. I am not liking it much anymore, but due to circumstances, I am there for the time being.

Sometimes, I think I would like to be a librarian, or a court transcriber, or something else where I don't have to take care of people anymore. Actually, being an accountant sounds great right about now. The only problem is I can't really see myself staring at a computer screen for hours on end.

So...........:coffee:. I stay where I am.

ehh Accounting is great! The computer becomes your friend! hehe...:wacko:

actually it really is I love it

I love my job, that is sculpting, but the teaching I do to survive is less thrilling. Actually I don´t mind teaching most of the time. But I resent the time it takes me away from what I feel I should be doing, and the money is rubbish! As my OH is an artist too (and gardener) we will probably take shifts in child care, money will always be tight but we can make the time which is great. I worry he will never be able to support me and I don´t think I will get any maternity money, but as I can´t even get past the first part right now I´m putting off that worry until later.

ehh money is over rated...we had money coming out our ears with my son and it didn't do any good....

I say a lot but it was to us at the time
We both had good jobs and we had a savings of $10K us dollars for a 10 yr wedding anniversary trip to Ireland. Well I was due 5 weeks after the big trilp date so needless to say we spent the 10K on a baby room instead. :wacko::wacko: I do mean all of it. We sorta got carried away since we had been trying for soooo long. I paid $3,000 for crib he used for 9 months. :dohh: The only good thing I did was buy a year supply of diapers when I was just 3 mths along. hehe

Still if you think that the next baby can us eit too that is 1500 per child, that is a bit better. I´m planning on putting mine in a drawer and then maybe a box...only joking, but we have been given a lot of stuff which my friend is holding in storage for us so we will be ok at least at first.

Still if you think that the next baby can us eit too that is 1500 per child, that is a bit better. I´m planning on putting mine in a drawer and then maybe a box...only joking, but we have been given a lot of stuff which my friend is holding in storage for us so we will be ok at least at first.

Natsby, I used to have a friend hanging onto stuff for me, but it's been so long I told her to go ahead get rid of it...so I will use a drawer also!:haha: maybe the cat will share her fancy bed!!

I used my $700 crib for one child out of three. She used it for 2 years. It still seems like too much. In a pinch, I have thought about using a laundry basket. :blush:

You really don't need all of that stuff for a baby. Maybe only about 5% of all the stuff they sell in baby stores.
Seriously, all you really need is a car seat/stroller, sleepers, diaper, wipes and depending on the child, a swing.

Oh, and don't forget the boobs!!! Gotta have boobies. :winkwink:

Oh crap!!

We're supposed to be distracting you on this thread. :dohh:

Quick, let's talk more about dog poop! :haha:

Awww, Natsby! :hugs:

Let me tell you about the World Fantasy Convention. To be honest, I was pretty bored with it, even though San Diego was gorgeous. Neil Gaiman and John Connolly are awesome and funny, and Charlaine Harris (her books were turned into the TV series True Blood) is completely lovely. What a nice woman.

But I didn't get much out of it except lost luggage (thanks, United!) and a thorough feeling-up when leaving San Diego international, after I refused to go through their backscatter xray on grounds of being knocked up.

I came home to my copyedits sitting on the doorstep with two days to finish them. Yay! I love me some pressure!

And my luggage is still lost.

That's all I've got. Oh. I scored lots of free books, which is super!

Are you distracted?

I love my job, that is sculpting, but the teaching I do to survive is less thrilling. Actually I don´t mind teaching most of the time. But I resent the time it takes me away from what I feel I should be doing, and the money is rubbish! As my OH is an artist too (and gardener) we will probably take shifts in child care, money will always be tight but we can make the time which is great. I worry he will never be able to support me and I don´t think I will get any maternity money, but as I can´t even get past the first part right now I´m putting off that worry until later.

Art is awesome and SO fulfilling, but alas, we're all starving artists unless the stars line up or whatever. I took a job I didn't much like for years so i could keep writing. Then I got...well, some call it lucky.

But yeah, like you, I used to resent every moment my paying job took me away from writing. The boyfriend is a writer, too, so we're going to do what you and your husband will do: shifts.

Wow, my posts are disjointed today. Sorry. :D

Super-I saw a lecture recently on zombies and international politics! Thought it might interest you (after seeing your journal title) https://www.cigionline.org/events/international-politics-and-zombies
It was very funny!

Super-I saw a lecture recently on zombies and international politics! Thought it might interest you (after seeing your journal title) https://www.cigionline.org/events/international-politics-and-zombies
It was very funny!

Ooooh, thanks!

my dog poops on command ...pees too

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g