Omg sure start i can apply twice

_Vicky_

Mum to twins
Reaction score
OMG OMG OMG

I think I may be able to apply for a sure start grant once the boys are here AND AND AND YOU GET ONE PER BABY!!!!!

We will be entitled to £2000 a year CTC (that cant be right can it?) when I am on MA only (£123 a week)

Does that sound right? I have never ever claimed benefits before but it seems a huge amount to be getting eekkkk

How much are CTC per child does anyone know?

have a look at ctc calculator and bear in mind ma isnt a taxable benefit so they dont include it in your income but make sure u tell them u know tht as they dont volunteer tht info and let you include it and say nothing

xx

I dont know about CTC..

but surestart you cant get 2 lots of the grant .. it says something about multipules im sure it does about it 1 payment per pregnancy..
(ignore that im sure i read it somewhere though lol)x

i googled it and you will get 500 per child, i think if you say you are expecting twins rather than applying twice.

YAY nice one! 1k will help you out no end as you have to buy technically two of everything :) :thumbup: xxxx

((( am hyperventilating )) just called them and as we are having two at once we get the double baby allowance at that will push us over the entitlement OMG OMG OMG - I never thought for one second that I would qualify but seems having twins does push us over due to the baby element - omg.

Now the trick will be - getting CTC awarded and then applying for sure start all within 12 weeks of them being born hahahahahaa

I dont know about CTC..

but surestart you cant get 2 lots of the grant .. it says something about multipules im sure it does about it 1 payment per pregnancy..
(ignore that im sure i read it somewhere though lol)x

HIP is one per pregnancy but sure start is per child - just madness!!!!

i've just found out we are intitled to this, you need to be claiming the higher rate of ctc which is roughly £50 per child per week. ours is £5200.00 roughly for 2 children per year. you cannot claim it on the lower rate.

Now the trick will be - getting CTC awarded and then applying for sure start all within 12 weeks of them being born hahahahahaa

I have the same to look forward to, only x1 rather than x2! Hopefully the tax credit office wont be backlogged.

There is a box on the form that you tick if you are having twins. You get it if you get child tax credits at a higher rate than the family element (around £1200 a year) and with two babies i am sure you will! It is if you get more than £21 a week in CTC. Good luck!

Wow you guys get a lot of money! I'm sure that it will come in handy for you Vicky!

dunno anything about child tax credit, but you can def get the surestart per child! yey!

That's great news Vicky. I'm sure I can apply for sure start once I have the baby and I'm claiming tax credits but I don't qualify just now. Like you just hoping to get it all done within the 12 weeks! xx

Awesome! i have no idea about ctc yet but im sure the sure start will be a massive help!

xx

I have the same to look forward to, only x1 rather than x2! Hopefully the tax credit office wont be backlogged.

haha thank the lord there is only one form - I am going to seriously consider pre competing the forms now cant imagine I will be in any fit state once bubbas arrive.

LOL omg can you imagine - I asked that of the CTC people and they said send it special delivery and then allow five weeks - so if you do it soon as bubs is born you should be ok.

Its just mad - I didnt even allow for CTC let alone sure start eekkkkk - madness I may be able to stay on maternity leave a bit longer now whoop whoop.

I've re-read the Sure Start grant form: https://www.dwp.gov.uk/advisers/claimforms/sf100_print.pdf

On page 3 where it is asking what benefit you claim or are awaiting it says:
"Are you or your partner waiting to hear about a claim for Child Tax Credit at a rate higher than the family element?"

Does this mean we will be able to put in a claim for the grant prior to CTC being approved?

I've re-read the Sure Start grant form: https://www.dwp.gov.uk/advisers/claimforms/sf100_print.pdf

On page 3 where it is asking what benefit you claim or are awaiting it says:
"Are you or your partner waiting to hear about a claim for Child Tax Credit at a rate higher than the family element?"

Does this mean we will be able to put in a claim for the grant prior to CTC being approved?

I would assume so if the 12 week deadline is looming it would be worth a go eh

Does everyone get to apply for these ctc and sure start things?

you can see if your entitled to CTC using https://www.entitledto.co.uk/

you get the Sure Start grant if you are entitled to a certain amount of ctc.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->