OMG!! This changes things! Well, maybe.

brittanyland

Zoey's mom
Reaction score
So I am due on Feb 18. My OH is scheduled to be in on the 16th for his two weeks of leave.

This has been planned since right after I found out I was pregnant. I had come to terms with the fact that since he was only going to get here a few days before my due date, there was the chance of her coming early and him missing it. If she came on her due date or even a week late, no problem. I had planned on and accepted this fact.

Well he gets online today and tells me they changed his leave!!!! He will be here Feb 3!! I am freaking out. He will be leaving back on the 17th, so a day before I'm due.

For starters, obviously I am afraid of him missing it and not meeting his daughter while he's home. But I'm also worried about her coming early. I know it's an irrational fear most likely. Someone tell me it's irrational!! At my 36 week appointment I wasn't dilated or anything. And aside from major pelvic bone pain and mild period like cramps, I have nothing going on that would indicate early labor. But now I'm scared. What if she comes before he gets here? What if she comes after she leaves? Oh baby, please hang on at least another week and a half!!

I would imagine my hormones are also making me a bit irrational. But the fear of her coming TOO early, like in the next week, is bugging me far more than the fear of her being late. How silly is that?!

Someone tell me it'll work out how it's supposed to work out! I know what will be will be. But this is just not what was planned! I'm not upset at all. In fact I am so excited to see him. I'm just so nervous is all. I haven't seen him in eight months and he's not seen me pregnant ever. I'm excited and nervous and so concerned about when she's going to get here.

This was a pointless thread. lol. I just had to get it out.:dohh:

Didnt want to r&r

Whilst I cant say it will definately work out for u, all I can say is maybe its fate and baby will come early and it will be lucky he is home earlier!! fingers crossed!

awww hun it must be emotional for you . if she came today she would be fine in 5 days time you are classed as full term so there is no real worry . i am covered for a home birth as from friday so there really cant be any worries (same due date as you )

at least if he is home early you can get started on operation evicition and hopefully have her while he s here to see it. fingers crossed for you .
when is his next leave after this one do you know ?

Could you not ask for a sweep to help things move along while he is home ??, Under special circumstances i am sure you health professional would be able to help.

Good luck hun xxx

After he goes back, he won't come home again until the beginning of June. I see the OB on Thursday so I will definitely be talking to him about what my options are if the time gets closer and baby doesn't look like she's making an arrival.

As if the stress of wondering when baby will come wasn't enough, now I'm worrying about fitting it into a two week time table.

Thanks for the crossed fingers though ladies. I need it. :D

After he goes back, he won't come home again until the beginning of June. I see the OB on Thursday so I will definitely be talking to him about what my options are if the time gets closer and baby doesn't look like she's making an arrival.

As if the stress of wondering when baby will come wasn't enough, now I'm worrying about fitting it into a two week time table.

Thanks for the crossed fingers though ladies. I need it. :D

I hope you are able to figure something out so your DH can see the birth! I know how hard it is to plan stuff like that with deployments as there is never a for sure date. My DH was originally supposed to deploy this month, then in Feb, then March, then May and now back to March!

Ok so you are due the 18th.
I know of a woman on here being induced a little early so her husband who is in afghanistan can watch via skype.
I am also being induced at 39 weeks.
As long as you aren't totally against induction, why not ask for an induction on Feb 11th and possibly request a sweep for the day he returns to see if that might not move things along a bit.

Where there is a will there's a way.
And somehow, everything in life finds a way of working itself out.
Let us know what you decide to do.

:hugs:

I think I will most definitely be asking about induction. I would not normally opt to go that route but under the circumstances it may end up making sense.

Of course OH is excited about the idea of trying to induce labor his own way. ;) Poor guy, it's been 8 months. lol.

I'm just going to hope little girl stays put and decides to come while he's home. I go to the doctor Thursday so I'll ask him about induction then. I'll let you ladies know what he says.

good luck dear,
please let us know what your doc says.
I'm sure he will give you the go-ahead because of your circumstances :hugs:

Now I just found out it's been changed back to the 16th. *sigh* And I had gotten excited that we were gonna have a few days to ourselves before LO gets here to just hang out/dtd (as selfish as that sounds) but now we are back to where we started.

So I got all nervous for nothing. Then I got super excited for nothing. Now I'm back to it being 3 weeks away instead of 1.

Maybe it's hormonal, or maybe it's because I just really miss my husband, but now I'm sitting in my bed crying because I got my hopes up for nothing. Ugh.

Awww fingers crossed your little one waits for daddy!!!! Xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->