• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

On the fence about breast/bottle feeding

Most breastfeeding problems come from lack of information and education and lots of misinformation.
If you can get to a breastfeeding group it really helps.
And to read up on normal newborn breastfeeding behaviour.
Xx

I am not misinformed. I have read. Thanks. I wouldn't tell my stories as to why I'm nervous about breastfeeding if it wasn't true. Stuff like this does happen, no matter how "informed" you are

I think that's why she said most, and not all. Of course there is always going to cases of bf not working, just not as often as is usualy portrayed. Also this misinformation is not just on the part of the mother, but also health workers etc.
The bf environment is hard enough, without causing trouble between ourselves.
Good luck however you feed your baby.

Most breastfeeding problems come from lack of information and education and lots of misinformation.
Xx

I am not misinformed. I have read. Thanks. I wouldn't tell my stories as to why I'm nervous about breastfeeding if it wasn't true. Stuff like this does happen, no matter how "informed" you are

I said most!

And practical help from lactation consultants or the right medical persons can make the difference between being able to breastfeed and thinking that you can't.

Xx

Xx

I think that's why she said most, and not all. Of course there is always going to cases of bf not working, just not as often as is usualy portrayed. Also this misinformation is not just on the part of the mother, but also health workers etc.
The bf environment is hard enough, without causing trouble between ourselves.
Good luck however you feed your baby.

Exactly, thank you xx

I didnt BF with my son and i will go ahead and let you know that when i got pregnant my boobs was a "A" cup and Before i got pregnant this time they was a "DD" Your boobs will never be there same after pregnancy in one way or another.. But its your choice if your want to ff or bf your baby

The only thing that gets me about breastfeeding is the possibility of the baby not latching on/not producing enough milk. When my mother had me, so tried so hard to get me to breastfeed, and I just wasn't having (I told her it was because I'm not a lesbian LOL!) But still, my mom felt awful that she couldn't get me to breastfeed and felt like a terrible mother. But it wasn't her fault at all.

My one friend just had a baby. She was fine the first week and then she wasn't producing enough and the baby was getting frustrated. She was only being able to do 1 oz and ended up giving formula for the other 2 oz she wanted.

I would like to try, knowing breast milk is the best thing for them. But if I run into these obstacles, there's not much I can do, just give them formula.

A baby not latching is a pain, but doesn't have to be the end of BFing. My son didn't latch on until day 8-we expressed and cup fed until he got the hang of it all. It was miserable, but not impossible.

A newborn's tummy capacity is only about 15mls by day 5. Your friend's 'supply issues' were most likely the 1 week growth spurt coupled with supplementation (which will pretty much always impact on supply).

I agree with raspberry k-read up on normal newborn behaviour. So many women thing that a fussy baby is always a hungry baby, and that breasts have to 'refill' between feeds, and it's not true. Babies cry. They want to suck. It doesn't mean there's a problem. My own mom stopped BFing me at 6 week as her 'milk just dried up', but actually it's quite normal at 6 weeks for your breasts to feel emptier, and there's a massive growth spurt that makes LO fussy and miserable. The two things together are often misinterpreted as 'milk dried up', but it's actually completely normal. Support and education are keys to successful BFing, and knowing why to expect. Kellymom.com is a fab resource, well worth reading around for general BFing info :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->