On the road again... a place for women getting into the TTC groove again.

Because my mc was natural, they sad they didn't need a follow up. My HCG retuned to 0 two days after the bleeding started. But I wish they had wanted a follow up. I just have so many unanswered questions.

Just going to regular doc today, but am making an appoint at gyn.

That's great that your hcg dropped so quickly, but it must make it hard also -- your body leaves things behind and you're still reeling! I hope you can get some of your questions answered by your GP, the insurance issue is a difficult one.

I have really short luteal phases. This past month was barely 10 days long and that's with progesterone cream, vitex, b6, prenatals, etc. I'm also considering lying to the doc and saying we've been TTC for longer than a year when in actuality this is only our 9th cycle. I just have this feeling that something is wrong and I'll just keep miscarrying until someone figures it out. What do you all think? Should I lie? Should I wait until it's actually been a year? The reason I want to use my yearly check up to talk to my doc is because it's covered by my insurance. Apparently my insurance doesn't cover any type of fertility treatment/exams.

That's awful about your insurance! Sometimes I really hate insurance. (Like when mine told me that because I miscarried I had to pay a co-pay for every single office visit post-viability, whereas I would only have had to pay for one of those if I had stayed pregnant.)

As far as your question, I wouldn't lie or wait for the full year. If you clearly have a LPD and have a prior miscarriage, I'm sure your OB will take it more seriously. I went to my OB after only 2 months of TTC post-miscarriage because my OPKs were odd and suggested a LPD. She immediately ordered the Day 21 test, which revealed wicked low progesterone. I'm starting on Clomid in the next month or two (I already have it, but might wait because we're going to be out of state next month when I would need to have the required blood draw).

I think a sympathetic doctor is going to be more than willing to check things out for you! If you're worried something is wrong, don't let them make you wait. It's not worth it! If your doctor won't do it, see if you can change doctors.

Hi ladies sorry for your losses, can i join? We have been ttc since April 2011 and got our first bfp after 19 months ttc. We were relieved as all blood tests and DHs SA were all normal. Anyway at 6 weeks we mc. I decided to wait for a month and got busy with xmas plans etc. At the start of this month i felt quite good about ttc again. However i started to feel down about the whole process. AF started y'day so onto another month. People who know that i have had a mc are trying to reassure me by saying that we will have children soon. And maybe we will but i cant see it at the mo. I was low when i was going through the mc and i thought i was getting better but some days it feels like i haven't made any progress on dealing with the grief. I hope we all get our rainbow babies soon!

Hi ladies, sorry if this has already been asked but I could use some advice. I have just miscarried at 14 (2nd mmc) last week, had delivery then d&c, haven't had much bleeding and seem to be feeling ok (physicall anyway).

I have a DD (16 months) and in 2010 I had a mc at 11 weeks (lighted ovum). With that mc I had ALOT of bleeding, pain and ended up with a d&c then too. We conceived our beautiful DD on the next cycle - so basically I was pregnant 6 weeks after as my AF arrived 4.5 weeks after d&c.

So basically, I have had 3 pregnancies in 3 years more or less. My consultant, and various docs and nurses at hospital said it would be ok to ttc straight away, just wait til I get my AF first. My GP said wait two cycles (just to let u know this was by phone as I haven't actually seen her since mc).

I would just be grateful for some advice or similar stories? I know I conceived right away after first mc, but I wonder is that because I wasn't as far on and it was my 2nd preg when ttc. But on the other hand, I think I lost way more lood that time. Sorry for the essay - grateful for any thoughts :)

Thanks xo

I just had my D&C, and AF showed 2 weeks later.. I plan on trying right away.

Welcome Flou.

Went to the GP today. She did a bunch of blood work today and will do hormonal blood work around cd 21... Said she wasn't sure what was going on. My biggest concerns are my stomach (my belly has grown considerably and is hard) and the fact that I have to pee like every two hours. My breasts have grown at least one cup size.

I have no urinary tract or kidney infections, so that is good... Hopefully the blood tests will tell me what is going on :)

I am CD10 today and noticed EWCM. Trying OPK's for the first time.

Hi buttercup, so sorry for your loss, it must be so hard right now.

My experience is more like your first one (blighted ovum at 9+4), so I can't give any specific advice, but I hope you can ask more questions to your medical providers and find something you're comfortable with. I have heard that some doctors recommend waiting a cycle after d&c because your uterine lining will be thin, but others say that basically the body is ready when it decides it's ready, so if you get pregnant before the first af then it's likely your body will be ready for it. Lots of hugs, and you'll have plenty of company whatever you decide!

Thanks anchor08 and I'm so sorry for your loss also. I know it's so hard, especially when ttc #1. If it gives you any sort of hope, I got pregnant on my first cycle after my d&c for first mc, and now have a very healthy DD. I really can't believe I've had another mc, but I suppose in one ways it's good (if u can even say that) that it was a different type of mc and not same again. I think the most important thing is to stay positive. I just don't know if things will be different for me this time as I was further on, although I don't think I lost as much blood this time. But I suppose if our bodies are ready, then we'll know. I'm just staying positive :)

Hi ladies, sorry if this has already been asked but I could use some advice. I have just miscarried at 14 (2nd mmc) last week, had delivery then d&c, haven't had much bleeding and seem to be feeling ok (physicall anyway).

I have a DD (16 months) and in 2010 I had a mc at 11 weeks (lighted ovum). With that mc I had ALOT of bleeding, pain and ended up with a d&c then too. We conceived our beautiful DD on the next cycle - so basically I was pregnant 6 weeks after as my AF arrived 4.5 weeks after d&c.

So basically, I have had 3 pregnancies in 3 years more or less. My consultant, and various docs and nurses at hospital said it would be ok to ttc straight away, just wait til I get my AF first. My GP said wait two cycles (just to let u know this was by phone as I haven't actually seen her since mc).

I would just be grateful for some advice or similar stories? I know I conceived right away after first mc, but I wonder is that because I wasn't as far on and it was my 2nd preg when ttc. But on the other hand, I think I lost way more lood that time. Sorry for the essay - grateful for any thoughts :)

Thanks xo

Hi Buttercup! Sorry for your loss. I had a natural MC at 14 weeks, a bladder infection I had no clue about crossed over and caused me to go into labor). I got my first AF 6 weeks later (still very light spotting now on cd 11). We are going to TTC this month! Dr wanted us to wait to AF's but I want a BFP now! So, hopefully it happens quick! I don't have much info for you, but was as far as you. Fingers crossed.
Good luck to everyone!

Jem77 thanks so much for your reply, it is good to speak to someone who lost their baby at same stage as me - I am so sorry for your loss also, it's devastating. You think you are past the risky stage at 14 weeks, it's so hard to comprehend. I had a scan at 6 weeks then again at 11 (although I was measuring 10) and baby had a heartbeat, was back in at 13 weeks, baby had grown to 14 weeks, but no heartbeat :( I just couldn't believe it. Awaiting results of pm, but the pathologist said it looks like there was a blood clot on my placenta (2cm). I don't really know much more right now or how it even happened, but I'm so devastated as I'm sure u were too and probably still are. A bladder infection that u didn't know about must have been tough, especially as so out of your control :( and having to deliver the baby was tough. Our little girl was perfectly formed. All my docs have said one cycle, physically anyway, emotionally could be different. But it's really great to be in touch with people in same boat, as unfortunate as it is.... Xo

Hi buttercup. I'm so sorry for your loss. My mc broke my heart and I hadn't even gotten to see the heartbeat. I cannot even imagine.

I started using OPK'S this morning. I'm a complete newbie. There was a second faint line on it this morning. Should I test again tonight? I have a lot of ewcm today, but it has a slight yellowish tint to it. Never had that before...

Welcome Flou.

Went to the GP today. She did a bunch of blood work today and will do hormonal blood work around cd 21... Said she wasn't sure what was going on. My biggest concerns are my stomach (my belly has grown considerably and is hard) and the fact that I have to pee like every two hours. My breasts have grown at least one cup size.

I have no urinary tract or kidney infections, so that is good... Hopefully the blood tests will tell me what is going on :)

I am CD10 today and noticed EWCM. Trying OPK's for the first time.

Eeck Carybear! That's crazy for someone who is supposedly not pregnant. I hope they find out soon!

Welcome to all the new folk hanging out here! I can't seem to keep up with anything right now since work has been keeping me super busy. But I have decided that I am going to call the doc and make an appointment to get my yearly checkup and request that he look at the cause of my short luteal phases. Hopefully that will give me some answers that I need.

Hi Red.. Glad to see things are going good...

It is crazy. Before my miscarriage, I had the blue veins, larger breasts, tons of cm, exhaustion, etc... But as soon as I had miscarried they went away. I never had the swollen belly though.

I know I ovulated just one week after the miscarriage because of the pain I had, as well as the ewcm. Then on dec 1 the blue veins were back and my breasts were once again getting huge... I'm not skinny by any means but I have never been big chested. When I got AF on dec 12 (exactly 30 days like always) I assumed the veins would go away. Nope, I've had to buy new bras that have gone up an entire size and they are getting tight.

The exhaustion has been pretty bad, but the tests all say BFN. Don't know what I am supposed to think. I've only been pregnant once and that one ended quickly. But really, should my belly be getting larger and be hard underneath. (I'd like to say that I have rock solid abs under the flab... But that would be a lie! I'm losing my waist and am wondering why. Can hormones do all that to you? Is something from the miscarriage? My HCG was at 0 before I ever stopped bleeding so I know there was none of that left.

I have an hourglass figure. When I put on weight, I put it on everywhere. I've gained about 5 lbs in the last three months, but on me that would never really show. It would just kind of spread out. Even at my heaviest weight, I still had a nice waist! Just wish I knew what was going on.

Belly does feel strange. The doc didnt really comment on my stomach, but she said she didn't think there was a tumor or anything (something I've been wondering about)..

Sorry for the long post!

Cary - For OPKs you want the test line to be as dark as or darker than the control line. So you will want to test every day. It is also good to not test on FMU and make sure you have held it for a couple hours.

Buttercup - I am sorry for your loss.

AFM - I had my post D&C doctors appointment.. my uterus looked good, and she said she wanted me to wait a cycle. I asked her if I would get in trouble if I didn't and she said no.. haha. So waiting for this AF-like thing to go away, and for DH to get back from his trip this weekend so I can TTC :)

Hahahaha Aknqtpie. I wouldn't wait either. I didn't have time to call the doc today so I guess I'll wait for Monday to try again.

Hi buttercup. I'm so sorry for your loss. My mc broke my heart and I hadn't even gotten to see the heartbeat. I cannot even imagine.

I started using OPK'S this morning. I'm a complete newbie. There was a second faint line on it this morning. Should I test again tonight? I have a lot of ewcm today, but it has a slight yellowish tint to it. Never had that before...
Hi Cary. I'm so sorry fr your loss too. I don't think it matters how far on you are, it's difficult no matter what :(

I think u should keep doing opk's and bd'ing as much as possible! If there's any chance u could be ov then go for it!!

Jut read your other post, it seems strange? Could u be pregnant? ESP if hcg was zero beforehand!! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->