One Born Every Minute US is horrible!!

Bumpontherun

Reaction score
I'm so disapointed. I love One born every minute and I've now watched two episodes of the US version. So far all I have seen are sections and woman lying on their backs with epidurals and their legs up. When they are about to start pushing lots of people with gowns and masks and big trollys of shiny implements (I'm a doctor and I don't know what they're all for!) rush in. Then after the baby comes out they take it away and spend ages cleaning it, poking and prodding it before the mother eventually gets to hold it. It is the most uninspiring program I've ever seen, I really feel that the nurses push hard for woman to take epidurals and it makes me so glad to be giving birth in the UK.

I agree, did you see the stuck baby one? The nurse pretty much talked her in to her epi (even though she was waiting for her mum to come so that she could get one), and then when her baby got stuck, they didn't move her positions, the midwife goes "oh no" and then two midwifes are pulling the woman's legs out as far as possible, one of them inserts something to pull her baby out with, and there are another few midwives in there as well. I had to fast-forward through it, it made me SO angry. That's not how you deal with it, they almost broke the woman's pelvis!

I'm so disapointed. I love One born every minute and I've now watched two episodes of the US version. So far all I have seen are sections and woman lying on their backs with epidurals and their legs up. When they are about to start pushing lots of people with gowns and masks and big trollys of shiny implements (I'm a doctor and I don't know what they're all for!) rush in. Then after the baby comes out they take it away and spend ages cleaning it, poking and prodding it before the mother eventually gets to hold it. It is the most uninspiring program I've ever seen, I really feel that the nurses push hard for woman to take epidurals and it makes me so glad to be giving birth in the UK.

I am sure one of them is the machine that goes PING!

I can't watch any of the baby shows on here, they are just sooooo opposite of the picture of birth that I want to see. It just makes me cringe the whole time and get really pissed.

I can't watch any of the baby shows on here, they are just sooooo opposite of the picture of birth that I want to see. It just makes me cringe the whole time and get really pissed.

Monty Python? :cloud9: :haha:

Monty Python? :cloud9: :haha:

It happens when you marry an Englishman. :happydance:

I only watched one episode, it was boring just the same thing over & over!! woman comes in, lies on her back, epidural, occasional c section.

I dunno just kind of predictable & boring :rofl: xxx

It has none of the wry humour, gentle moments and persona stories. It has a horrible sensationalist narrative and the most depressing, clinical experience. Bah!

I found the UK one disturbing enough when I watched that so I have made a conscious decision not to go anywhere near the US one!!

Linzi have you signed up for the Leeds one?

No I haven't, we had a few reservations so decided it was better to regret not doing it than to regret doing it if that makes sense

x

I do actually. I'd usually say its always better to regret doing something than not but on this occasion I'd say the opposite. Do know if they have a few signed up? I do hope someone is brave enough to lt them film their home birth although I think I'd be like you. X

I agree the US one is far too clinical and nowhere near as good as the UK version.

But then i find that if the US try to copy our programmes they are never as good take shameless USA for example!

i think its hideous what they do to women during childbirth too :(

I agree the US one is far too clinical and nowhere near as good as the UK version.

But then i find that if the US try to copy our programmes they are never as good take shameless USA for example!

the us office is an exception!

I do actually. I'd usually say its always better to regret doing something than not but on this occasion I'd say the opposite. Do know if they have a few signed up? I do hope someone is brave enough to lt them film their home birth although I think I'd be like you. X

Not for the homebirth section, I know someone who works at seth's nursery who is in hospital being filmed for it though.

The only thing that put me off was that she said that if it happened at night they would have to use some lighting etc and thats not how I pictured it at all. I also don't want to be distracted from the task in hand, thats the reason Im not having Seth here. It was nothing against the lady she was lovely and we totally got what she was trying to do and thought it was really good and had a lot of trust in her, just not for us.

Maybe if we were going to have another baby we might have said yes.

xx

thats a big deal too Linzi because even if it werent at night then you'd be likely to have the curtains drawn etc to MAKE it darker....nah....I dont think it would work would it...shame though. x

they push epis on women like used cars... its like they are selling them to them.... talking about all the benefits of it and how much better it will be etc etc.... STFU!

they push epis on women like used cars... its like they are selling them to them.... talking about all the benefits of it and how much better it will be etc etc.... STFU!

I just read a quote in a baby magazine I picked up by an anesthesiologist that said epidurals actually helped breastfeeding because a mother would be more relaxed and wouldn't be feeling the after pain of birth. :dohh: :dohh: :dohh:

this is why i wont even watch it, ive seen US birthing shows before and they do seem to be all the same. bit boring after a couple of times. x

it makes me really really angry watching it lol ( no good for the BP ) i would reccomend it as watching for US women who Want a hospital birth and just blindly trust their OB's and the staff

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->