One Born>?

i watched it and tbh i dont think the hypnobirth came across very well, when they interviewed her she was all all for no pain relief maybe a bit of g&a (and seemed a bit smug) then it shows her loosing it a bit in the pool and asking repeatedly for pethedine. The other hypnbirths that ive watched were very quiet calm and the ladies centered on themselves. I just hope it doesnt make people think that hypno birth doesnt work or isnt worth trying. (Not that ive ever had one!!) Again i wonder if its a case of the way it was edited, maybe that was her in transition and i missed them saying it but i was under the impression that she wasnt as far along as that .

I agree.. Just watched it on 4OD.. and I don't think it presented hypno in it's best light. Oh the powers of editing.
I thought mum was perhaps more of a hinderance than a help too.. there was far too much talking for the hypno to be effective - IMO (though, we really didn't get to see it all) I think that she was going though that panic, and that is where you need calm from someone around you - not to be told off my your mum?>! I would have sent them all out including dad, for telling her to push hard when the MW was trying to coach her through contractions (though it's prob because I don't like coaching anyways) ;-)
XxX

This program scares the crap outta me! Before I got pregnant I would just shout at the tv a bit, but now it just terrifies me so I figure best not to watch it at the mo! :sad2:

I've only seen a few examples of hypnobirthing and I have a friend who tried it and in those cases they all seemed smug IMO! My friend had a big argument with another friend because she was going to breath the baby out and wouldnt be doing any pushing whereas the other friend, a mum of three, said you have no choice but to push once you reach that stage. Sadly none of the hypnobirthers I've seen ended up with the births they had planned which is why I decided I didn't want to do it. I'm sure it works well for some people but I'm not convinced that it increases your chances of having a more natural birth. I definitely think it helps with early labour though. The lady yesterday looked incredibly relaxed in the early stages which I guess is better than nothing.

If you read the Daily Mail article in the post above it does give a stat of it 'working' for only a quarter of those who do it. That said, if it makes me slightly more relaxed than I would have been it will work for me...

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->