One Born>?

Sorry Bourne feeling to poorly to watch and rant tonight! Will most likely be off sick tomorrow at this rate so I'll watch on demand and rant then.

Oh dear - hope you start to feel better soon - though maybe not too soon, so you get a day off! ;-)
XxX

Won't be much of a day off anyway as Byron is out of nursery after vomiting this morning. He seems to have the same thing though for him it includes an all over rash. :( I'd have him watch it with me tomorrow but fear it will undo the good work our homebirth storybooks are doing! So it'll be naptime unless I'm asleep too!

I'm alone here I know, but wowowowowow! at the vigour of the forceps. I'm shocked!!!!
XxX

Not watched it again but forceps are a bit scary arent they! I remember shouting 'NO!' as I caught a glimpse of them heading for my Va-Jay-Jay when I had my first! :lol: Giant scary salad tongs!

I've just watched it. Another sad one for natural birthing. I can see how someone with a problem heart might need special consideration but I still felt very sad for the forceps delivery. And she felt so proud. :cry: I was thinking that when seeing how much force the doctor exerts when using forceps we should turn it round to how much force we amazing women exert with our uteruses. There is the true wonder. :D

I had to have forceps so glad i didn't see them before but there was a screen up in theatre..he only had a tiny cut on his head and red marks round his eyes though but he looked like he'd been in a fight!

They don't use forceps in American any more just the vacuum and now I see why. :shock: And we all think the US is backwards all the time. :nope:

Watching the show just now so will give my commentary as it goes along...

The lady in the pink my goodness!! If I've ever seen someone who would benefit from some relaxation techniques it would be her. I don't think laying flat on her back is really helping either.

The lady with the heart problem was great just sitting there eating some food while contracting.

Hahahah I can't believe that midwife just told the pink lady to get a grip! :rofl:
I feel a little bad for her because she wanted the Epi for so long and they wouldn't give it to her but then she's fully dialated so now she can't have one. I think they should have done a better job at listening to her.

I think I might have missed something but did anyone catch if the heart lady had an epi at all? I love how she just wanted something natural for a change because of all the crap she's been through. Made me kinda teary eyed.

"Try not to make any noise" Really? :wacko:
"I need gas and air!" "Let's have a baby instead" :rofl:
I think that midwife is a bit patronizing IMO. I would love to have her though, she seems like my type of woman. Gives no crap and just tells it as it is.
Watching that pink women do that with no real pain relief and in complete agony with an OP baby has just really convinced me that most all women can do it naturally! It might hurt a bit but the benefits far out weighed anything. Even though she annoyed me while watching it, I'm so proud of her!

I really felt for the pink lady. She did have pethidine which I guess helped her sink through dilation. I consider to have been neglected by that first mw.

The heart lady did have an epi. There was a conversation where she was saying how hard it was to push not feeling it. She'll have needed it for those forceps!

I'm having rows about this show all over the forum! :lol:

the pink lady lol ..why was her bed pushed against the wall and not in the middle - did anyone else think that was odd ?

I watched it this afternoon, and it really depressed me, so much so that I ended up having a litte cry.

I really feel for the women they show in these episodes, they seem to get such a raw deal. The pink lady in particular seemed totally neglected and no one would listen to her. I think she would have felt so much better for some coaching through the contactions until she got the hang of breathing through the pain. She alluded to stressful previous birth but MW's seemed indifferent :(

And the heart lady, there were a few parts that really made me cringe like when her mum and partner were laughing at her birthing noises and I also saw one of the midwives pulling a face too.

I love this section. Honestly in other threads I simply said I didn't think the episode was a great advert for natural birthing again and have been defending myself on it all day! Forgive me for this next comment, but lots of women who haven't been in labour yet talking about how you have your own mind and can say no and can't be forced into anything etc. I'm resisting saying anything back. I don't want to be the jaded, bad experience, nutty, natural-birther woman! And I just don't understand why everyone is so keen to defend the medics over the women in labour getting proper explanations and choices. :wacko:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->