One Tubers

Amy, i wanted to ask u... (sorry this is a bit personal) if u use contraceptive since your last ectopic? I know there is a tiny chance of the egg floating down and settling in the stump and even tho its only a 1% chance, i am really scared and not sure what to do?
I really dont want to live my life in fear but would rather be safe than sorry... just feel so scared the past few days. I think i am going to ask my Dr about counselling as it is all a bit much for me lately... Hope u are doing ok xxx

Sarah,
I havent used anything and I too am freaking out worried that some how I will get pg again outside of the uterus. When I had my follow up appt I asked the dr about getting on BC and to save eggs bcuz who knows when I will get a chance to do IVF and he said not to worry about it that it wont happen. I kinda feel like with me anything can happen who would have thought of having 3 ectopics. I think counseling is a wonderful ideal I have been researching support groups in my area so far not luck but still trying to find something to help.
Big Hugs.

Thanks Amy.
I was going to ask this at my appt with the fertility consultant too.
I think i may go on the pill to preserve eggs, stop af being so aggressive and also to stop my mind running away with itself and getting nervous about that 1% chance, as i am like u and think of how unlikely it is to have 2 ectopics within 6mths but it did happen so i dnt want to temp fate really xxx

I asked the Dr this also Puppymom and africaqueen and he told me they sew the stump up so no sperm can get in and meet the egg. He said you only see a pregnancy with no tubes occur after years since the surgery and sometimes a little hole wears through and some sperm gets in a fertilizes the egg. He assured me basically unless this happens there was no way it would happen IYKWIM. I wonder if they could look at implanting tubes one day.

Well I had my appointment yesterday and all forms ready to start IVF when my next AF comes. Scared and excited at the same time. Scared of it not working thats all needles, sniffing studd, ops I can handle. Just wondering how I'll handle the disappointment of it not working evenually.

Olivia,
I wondered the same thing like the transplant organs why not tubes. I guess it is just as expensive as IVF so they probably figure why try.
Good Luck with the IVF I have the same exact fears as you. Cant wait to follow your journey.

:hi: girls thats puppymom its a great idea they should do that it would be better xxxxx

Olivia- I was thinking maybe they sew up the stumps but i am not willing to take ANY chances intill i have seen the fertility consultant and found out full details of my surgeries, so we will use condoms intill we get the facts as i am terrified :-(
I wish u all the very best with the IVF! You must be so nervous and excited! i would love to know how it all goes, as il be going through it myself next yr as will Amy hopefully :)
Sending u a ton of sticky vibes xxx

Hi ladies hope everyones well...

Inlaws have gone home so im back lol.... xxxx

Hey ladies,

Sorry I haven't been on for a while... Work has been a little mental.

Shells great news on your scan - so pleased bubs is in the right place :)

Big hugs to Sarah... hope you're ok. I know things must be tough at the moment but you're strong hun. Thinking of you.

Amy hope you're well.

Caz hows this month looking? I take it you've o'd now and in your 2ww.

MrsR sorry to hear about your issues... Hopefully the plan will help and get you back on track. Here's looking forward to your scan :) Keep your mind off things!

AFM this is my first cycle ttc again after the op... I got a + smiley on my CB digi opk on day 11 which is early for me (now CD13). But I've not had my usual painful OV pains... just mild almost trapped wind pains on my left (the good side!) since yesterday - seem to have gone now and we have BD every night from CD9 so should have it covered. Will keep it up for another couple of days if we can last that long!

Can I ask all you lovely ladies what your usual OV pain feels like?

think i o today hun got a good + opk so i will realise an egg tomorrow i hope haha i will be 1 dpo tomorrow xxxx

I'll update you on my journey. So far just waiting for AF to come. I am about 3DPO or there abouts it all blends in together when I have given up trying naturally. The pressure is off now with the IVF starting. So at this stage in 2weeks I start the pill (as doing a down regular cycle) and I'll be on that 4weeks and then start the stim drugs. I have no idea what day of my cycle in September that all begins. Apparently the IVF clinic will call me in the next few days and I can go over the price and treatment so hopefully I'll have a clearer understanding then. I'd love a BFP for Christmas maybe that would be lovely.

caz & bob hope you catch that egg and same cupcake. Hopefully will be reading about your BFPs in 2weeks time.

good morning how is everyone?

sarah- how are you feeling now?
caz-:hi:

and hi to eveyone else.

i have booked a gender scan for next saturday as Rich can't make my 20 week scan at the hospital. so am looking forward to finding out girl/boy!!

i have yet to buy much stuff as i am terrifed i will jinx it. but i am moving on the 14 august so will be getting the swinging crib set up and start buying then.

so wanna take bets on boy/ girl

oh thinks girl i am thinking boy, but i thought a boy with Holly and was really miffed when i found out she was a girl as i was convinced i was right and to find out rich was right really annoyed me hahahaa! but defo woud not swap her for all the tea in china.

Sorry Ive been missing DH is in the hospital with septic due to an infection now in his blood. Not sure what kind of infection yet but they have him on every antibiotic and it seems to be getting worse not better. Probably be running back and forth between here and the hospital.

Hi ladies. Did anyone else have a long wait after loosing their tube before starting ttc again? We're not trying again til end of 2011 because of DH's work commitments and it's really difficult.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->