One Tubers

Hope you ladies had a wonderful Holiday. Glad to hear things are going well for our Pg ladies and FXX for a great 2010 for us all.

hi ladies, hoping everyone is well?....

I went for another scan yesterday as that bleeding around the sac started again got i was worried but baby is fine however, VERY confused.com cuse baby measuring a week behind??... id not have worried if it hadnt been for the 6wk scan showing me bang on dates, how can another scan 3 weeks later show baby behind by a whole 7-8 days?? hope its nothing to worry about.

All the best for 2010, and hope it brings you all your bfps and much happiness xxx

Shell's I know its hard but try not to worry. I have heard lots of stories of babies developing at different rates in the early stages. So one week u may go and be behind and the next one you are back up to normal. When is you next scan scheduled for? I am sure all will be fine.

Shells are you on progesterone? I have everything crossed that the baby is just taking his time but doing well.
Hope you all had a good holiday? Mines was BUSY, finally get to relax a little today, and the icening on the cake- we say our little rumpshakers heartbeat today:) Still cautious about it, but very excited and thankful. Please keep me in your thoughts and prayers.

Hi BK no im not on progesterone, yeh i heard that too puppysmum so hopefully thats all it is!

Still feeling sick alot yet putting on so much weight grrr lol

Hope everyone has a happy new year!!! all the best and babydust for 2010 xx

Happy New Year to the lovely ladies in here, may all the TTC ladies get their BFPs soon and the pregnant ladies have a lovely pregnancy :happydance::hugs:

Hey Ladies I wonder if anyone of you can help please!!

First off I have had an ectopic pregnancy back in Sept 09. It was removed along with my right tube. I am now at a 10% higher risk of suffering another one. I have to be closely monitored if I am pregnant again to ensure it is detected early should another ectopic be the case.

I am about four days late for AF- I am on 16dpo today. I tested dpo 9, 12, & 14 of which the latter two gave me faint positives. When I went to the nurse on 12dpo she tested and got a BFN. As I wasnt late for AF (AF due 14dpo) she said to return today-which I did and again she has a BFN at 16dpo. I was expecting to be monitored as I am at risk of another ectopic and instead was told to come back next week!!! Surely this is not the way to monitor and Ectopic pregnancy sufferer? I will be about 5w3d then. I started to spot bleed and then proper bleed by this time the last time with my ectopic so I am wondering if this is what they are waiting to see happens? What is the normal protocol now? Has anyone else had this happen?

Also can my hCG be so low that it is isnt detect at 4w 3d and still be a health viable pregnancy. This has too many hallmarks of m ectopic and it is so hard to keep it all together and not worry. I would have thought- and partly was given the impression I would be closely monitored as soon as I was late for AF- despite me having faint positives last week I was sent away- told to come back next week and referred then. Now they tell me to go back a week later?????

On another note:
I have only used superdrug tests to test at home- I have some digital Clear Blue ones but am holding out on using them as it seems pointless if the Doc/Nurse are going to wait until their brand gives a positive. Also I am wondering as my Doc was the one who sent me for bloods first when I last was pregnant with the EP. I dont want to Pee anyone off (namely the nurse- she is lovely) but shall I just make an appointment to see the Doctor on Monday morning rather than the nurse?

Too boot, I am not really feeling any symptoms now- No sore boobs- slight on the edges but think that is the underwiring in my bra- I dont have weird tastes, twinges and tweaks are getting less and I am sleeping less at night- Could I know be going through a chemical/mmc and hence the nurse' test was negative. I havent done a hpt as yet today and mow FMU has gone-(nurse) so will wait until tomorrow if I do one. Starting to think it is probably best to wait it out and not poas anymore. Have any of you ladies had a healthy happy pregnancy with no symptoms at around 4w???

If you can help or have any idea what I should do please help.

Thanks ladies- I feel better for having ranted a little.

Minimin

Its hard to know where the pregnancy is for a few weeks, the ectopic can mimic a normal pregnancy. Mines did with normal hcg until week 6 when a scan showed it wasn't in the uterus, a scan at 5 weeks didn't really pick up anything. So I want to say you are ok if you go back at 5 weeks. And you can take a test just to confirm it for yourself, and then let them know if its + and push for the blood test which is a good way to monitor things. They should do it every 2 days to see how its rising, thats a good way to follow up until they can do a scan. Hope that helps.

I know its hard not to worry. They told me the same closely monitored business, but really there is so much they can do but monitor bloods until the scan. I hope this works out well for you :hugs:

I agree with BK at this stage it is really to early for them to tell. One thing as I am sure you know if you feel any pain then get to the hospital. With both of my ectopics they were not noticed until 6+ weeks on the scan. FXX for you its just a stubborn bubba in the right place.

puppymom have you done any immune testing? I was looking back at the 2 ectopics and the chemical and I remember the dr dude telling me that is sometimes an indicator of a killer cell issue because its not found in the tube where the baby will be safe to grow, but in the uterus it will end up as a chemical because thats where the nk cells are and it attacks the embryo.

poppymom32 and bklove, thanks!
I know it is a waiting game. I am just shocked they didnt suggest a blood test today and again later in the week. I am a biologist and I know it doesnt take much to get the test had hCG quantitative done. They would have had the result within the hour if they needed it. I am planning to see the doctor directly later this week.

puppymom have you done any immune testing? I was looking back at the 2 ectopics and the chemical and I remember the dr dude telling me that is sometimes an indicator of a killer cell issue because its not found in the tube where the baby will be safe to grow, but in the uterus it will end up as a chemical because thats where the nk cells are and it attacks the embryo.

Not yet but I am going to consider doing that I just wanna try one more time because mine are about 50% in the tube and the other 50% out of the tube we wanna see what happens next. That is definetly one of the next steps.

poppymom32 and bklove, thanks!
I know it is a waiting game. I am just shocked they didnt suggest a blood test today and again later in the week. I am a biologist and I know it doesnt take much to get the test had hCG quantitative done. They would have had the result within the hour if they needed it. I am planning to see the doctor directly later this week.

Minimin,
I agree the hCG would have definetly given you a better feeling of where things stand. Any time I have had a BFP they have always done the hCG just to see where we stand. Best of luck hun.

Sounds like a plan puppy mom. I guess like minimin it still matters where it ends up, but definitly look into it though.

Minimin I really isn't that hard to do the blood test, and its not like they pay for it. Hopefully the doctor will work with you better than the nurse.

Hey Poppymum and BKLove
Well the saga continues. I called yesterday to make a doc appointment and the doc answered and told me a letter to get Bloods done would be at the surgery for me. I went to the surgery, collected the letter and made my way to the hospital. Here I was told results would be ready the following day. Today I had the doctors receptionist call and tell me there would be a letter to get an ultrasound done. I asked if I needed it today and she said as soon as possible. As I am 4w 5d I am well aware there is a very high chance there is nothing they will see on the scan.
I asked the receptionist to tell me the hCG number and she said "oh your pregnant!" I wanted so say "yeah hun I know- I want to know the figure to understand my risk of another ectopic. The Doctor came out and said that it was early and she wasnt sure if Obs would take me and I would have to go down- what kind of SOP is that?

The scan was ticked to be at Obs and gyn department which concerned me as I thought it would be at the EPU- hence me asking if I was required to go now as at 1pm I knew it would be closed . I went along to O and G (9-5 opening times) and the receptionist said she cant book me in until 12 weeks!? I explained my history and she spoke to someone senior to her and they said 'No' plain and simple, if was not exhibiting any symptoms they wouldnt see me!!!!! i was gobsmacked not to mention furious! I call my surgery and the receptionist there speaks to the doctor and she says 'if they wont do a scan THERE IS NOTHING THEY CAN DO"???? err WTF!!!

I then suggest the EPU and the receptionist KINDLY informs me I can try them. I thought it was their job to do this NOT MINE!

I didnt get a scan done. Have to go to the EPU tomorrow but the receptionist there hardly glanced at my forms so I am sure the tick for obs and gyn will cause problems tomorrow and I will be sent home again. Seriously- is this how person at risk of a serious condition is treated?

I am so angry and disappointed that we are not taken seriously. I would have thought a risk was something they would listen to but unless we are bleeding or in pain they dont want to know.

So annoyed right now- I dont know what else to say.

Oh and I forgot to actually tell you my FMU with a digital said pregnant 1-2 and I had a hCG of 61 from yesterdays bloods.
:growlmad::growlmad::growlmad::growlmad::growlmad:

Aww babes that sounds so horrible. Sometimes I am so glad I live in the states. Seems like it is so much easier over here to just be seen and treated. Maybe you are gonna have to tell them you are having pain and hurry their buts up just so you can have piece of mind. I am sure you are having some kind of crampy stretchy pain anyways right??? So it wouldnt be a total lie. So glad they finally did the blood are they gonna do another one to compare it with. I am not sure but I think the 1-2 would be in line with what the blood test show. Keep us posted praying all goes ok for you.
Amy

Aww babes that sounds so horrible. Sometimes I am so glad I live in the states. Seems like it is so much easier over here to just be seen and treated. Maybe you are gonna have to tell them you are having pain and hurry their buts up just so you can have piece of mind. I am sure you are having some kind of crampy stretchy pain anyways right??? So it wouldnt be a total lie. So glad they finally did the blood are they gonna do another one to compare it with. I am not sure but I think the 1-2 would be in line with what the blood test show. Keep us posted praying all goes ok for you.
Amy

Thanks Puppymom32- I think they are moody this side of the pond as we have a "dusting" of snow! LOL- I lived in Baltimore for 5 years and had better service there. Here they just are soooooo grumpy and Darn rude!

I may have to have some cramps- have had some- all the time- some niggly tugs and pulls on either side so I may say it tomorrow when I get to the Early Pregnancy Unit- That is IF the snow holds off :)

Thanks for keeping on reassuring me
Lots of love
:dust:

Sheesh, I was thinking the same thing as puppymom in terms of being in the states...has me a bit concerned about the health care changes they are trying to make here I hope it doesn't complicate care as in what happend with you today. What a mess, :hugs:. Now inhale and regroup! I think you are still ok with those numbers, my first beta was around that I believe at that point, and its still early to tell where its located. Repeating the bloods in 48 hours to monitor the rise is your best bet. If you can't get the scan, which it is early for, push for the bloods or pull the pain card if you have to, but I think it may be to early anyway, so maybe save that for week 5.

Ladies- I have ahd more blood work this morning and it came back as 38- down from tuesday so I am at the beginnings of a miscarriage, I am shocked and numb right now. First and ectopic and then this. I dont know what to say or do.

Minimin I am so sorry :hugs: I know nothing I can say can make you feel better but you'll be in my thoughts
x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->