One Tubers

I am pretty excited! I think I might take a Snickers candy bar with me for some added sugar in case baby needs to move around some, LOL!!! I see you are almost O'ing!!! I hope you catch that egg and get a nice Valentine's BFP (or sooner)!!!

Isabel - welcome to the one tubers hun :hugs: very sorry for your losses! There's tons of success stories on here. I lost my right tube in March of '10 and a couple months later ended up with pelvic inflammatory disease (more pain than my ectopic itself or the surgery!!!), I was certain my only tube was destroyed from it.... but as you can see, it is in good enough shape that I'm having a little girl in 8 weeks time :) I hope you have a speedy recovery and if you have any questions, don't be afraid to ask, everyone is really open and helpful! x

Breaking - is it already gender scan time?! :shock: I can't believe you're 16wks already, where in the world has the time gone to?? Wow. Well enjoy it and you better update us right away :haha: x

Caz - that looks positive to me hun! I know what you're doing this weekend :winkwink: good luck! x

BABY GIRL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :pink::pink::pink::pink::pink::pink::pink::pink::pink::pink:

It was extremely clear and we got several shots and there was definitely nothing between her little legs and you could even make out the 3 lines... "girl parts". Me and my husband knew right away the first shot! Our daughter is so excited to have a little sister! I cried when she confirmed to us that it was a girl.. it was such an exciting ultrasound and worth every penny. The tech was SO nice, I had her for my 3D ultrasound and even though we paid for the cheapest package (10 minute session and images on a CD) she sent us home with everything in the HUGE package and more! 5 B&W photos, 40+ photos on a CD, the entire session on a DVD, we even got to view the baby in 3D.. AND... we got a picture frame with the baby's heart beat recorded!!!! She also spent close to 30 minutes on my scan!!! Today was an amazing day!

Pictures coming very soon!

BABY GIRL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :pink::pink::pink::pink::pink::pink::pink::pink::pink::pink:

It was extremely clear and we got several shots and there was definitely nothing between her little legs and you could even make out the 3 lines... "girl parts". Me and my husband knew right away the first shot! Our daughter is so excited to have a little sister! I cried when she confirmed to us that it was a girl.. it was such an exciting ultrasound and worth every penny. The tech was SO nice, I had her for my 3D ultrasound and even though we paid for the cheapest package (10 minute session and images on a CD) she sent us home with everything in the HUGE package and more! 5 B&W photos, 40+ photos on a CD, the entire session on a DVD, we even got to view the baby in 3D.. AND... we got a picture frame with the baby's heart beat recorded!!!! She also spent close to 30 minutes on my scan!!! Today was an amazing day!

Pictures coming very soon!

am soo happy for you hon... can't wait to see some pictures :hugs:

Isabel - welcome to the one tubers hun :hugs: very sorry for your losses! There's tons of success stories on here. I lost my right tube in March of '10 and a couple months later ended up with pelvic inflammatory disease (more pain than my ectopic itself or the surgery!!!), I was certain my only tube was destroyed from it.... but as you can see, it is in good enough shape that I'm having a little girl in 8 weeks time :) I hope you have a speedy recovery and if you have any questions, don't be afraid to ask, everyone is really open and helpful! x

Breaking - is it already gender scan time?! :shock: I can't believe you're 16wks already, where in the world has the time gone to?? Wow. Well enjoy it and you better update us right away :haha: x

Caz - that looks positive to me hun! I know what you're doing this weekend :winkwink: good luck! x

oh, i am sorry for what you have gone through as well... but i am very happy for you to be pregnant and having your baby soon!!! that's such a wonderful news. you'll be in my thoughts and hope that you'll deliver a healthy baby boy/girl :) :hugs::hugs::hugs:

Jess,

Yes very busy getting everything ready. Plus a sudden hit of tiredness has come in. I just want to sleep all the time. Might have something to do with my iron but not long now. :)
I have physio on the 10th feb and i am hoping they give me a support band that will help me get by as walking 2 miles to my daughters school is impossible. I am so happy ricky's sister is helping me out a lot and taking becka every morning.
The midwife has talked about an induction at 38 weeks as they do want me to have another big baby going through my pelvis. Zak was 9lb 4oz and i only just managed that. So its looking like around 19th march for me. I hope so anyway as the birth scares me so much. Zaks is still fresh in my mind and i am terrified.

Not long for us both now hun and your right it has flown by. :hugs:

hello ladies,

do you mind if i join the club?

here is my story in short...
am 30 years old and have no kids yet
laparoscopy in june 2011 - all clear
conceived baby no 1 in august 2011, miscarried it in september 2011
conveived baby no 2 in Dec 2011, discovered it was ectopic.
Methotrexate shot on fri 21st jan 2012
severe abdominal pain on thurs 26th jan, done the surgery and removed left tube.
am a one tuber now...
will be back on the TTC journey in 4 months time.

any support and encouraging stories?

Hi hun,

I am so sorry for your losses. :hugs:

I just want to tell you that you have nothing to worry about only having one tube. Its usually other problems that cause problems but having one tube is not one of them.
It has not been a problem for me and infact i think i am more fertile :huh::shrug:

I had my right tube removed in april 09 due to ectopic, another ectopic/loss in august 09 and i had a successful methotrexate shots.
Then in march 2010 we got a bfp with our son zak who is now 14 months. When zak was 8 months old we got another suprised bfp (not planned at all) and i am expecting a little girl in 9 weeks.

I wish you lots of luck and happy thoughts at this time. :) xx

Breaking

:happydance:

congrats on having a girl. Another princess to the one tube family. I think the girls have overtook the boys now.
Girls rule!!

Its great you had a good scan too. Hope to see pics soon. xx

Congratulations breakingdawn! Thank you for sharing your story it gives us lots of hope :)

Mommytobe- how are you feeling? When are you due?

Mrsj-are you going to do another cycle of clomid? What's going on with the progesterone? Why do you have to take it?

As for me, I started my first round of clomid last night :) very excited & can't believe a little pill can work wonders. I hope it does for us :thumbsup: so doc put me on 50mg CD 3-7. On Friday when I went in for blood & scan, the tech mentioned that he saw two cyst but when I asked him & the doc both of them said its nothing to worry about. Doc made mention that it could have been since I O from my blocked side. Trying not to think about it but when you hear the word cyst you can't help but to question it. Other than that we're both very excited about this month because it's the second month after the HSG & I 'should' be O from my right side (unblocked side) + first cycle of clomid :)

:dust: to all of us :dust:

Congratulations breakingdawn! Thank you for sharing your story it gives us lots of hope :)

Mommytobe- how are you feeling? When are you due?

Mrsj-are you going to do another cycle of clomid? What's going on with the progesterone? Why do you have to take it?

As for me, I started my first round of clomid last night :) very excited & can't believe a little pill can work wonders. I hope it does for us :thumbsup: so doc put me on 50mg CD 3-7. On Friday when I went in for blood & scan, the tech mentioned that he saw two cyst but when I asked him & the doc both of them said its nothing to worry about. Doc made mention that it could have been since I O from my blocked side. Trying not to think about it but when you hear the word cyst you can't help but to question it. Other than that we're both very excited about this month because it's the second month after the HSG & I 'should' be O from my right side (unblocked side) + first cycle of clomid :)

:dust: to all of us :dust:

hi sunshine- yep i am on round 2 of clomid. i take my last pill tonight. the doc is having me take progesterone because my lp was 18 days last cycle. so FX for this cycle!!

hello ladies,

do you mind if i join the club?

here is my story in short...
am 30 years old and have no kids yet
laparoscopy in june 2011 - all clear
conceived baby no 1 in august 2011, miscarried it in september 2011
conveived baby no 2 in Dec 2011, discovered it was ectopic.
Methotrexate shot on fri 21st jan 2012
severe abdominal pain on thurs 26th jan, done the surgery and removed left tube.
am a one tuber now...
will be back on the TTC journey in 4 months time.

any support and encouraging stories?

Hi hun,

I am so sorry for your losses. :hugs:

I just want to tell you that you have nothing to worry about only having one tube. Its usually other problems that cause problems but having one tube is not one of them.
It has not been a problem for me and infact i think i am more fertile :huh::shrug:

I had my right tube removed in april 09 due to ectopic, another ectopic/loss in august 09 and i had a successful methotrexate shots.
Then in march 2010 we got a bfp with our son zak who is now 14 months. When zak was 8 months old we got another suprised bfp (not planned at all) and i am expecting a little girl in 9 weeks.

I wish you lots of luck and happy thoughts at this time. :) xx

you must consider yourself very lucky... doctor told me today that the fact that i had one ectopic, doesnt mean that i would not have another one! So what if i have another ectopic in the only tube i have left, and will have to remove it as well, does that mean that i can never concieve? My Goodess... this is such a horrible thought.... i said that you are lucky because you had anotehr ectopic in your other tube and managed to save it! that is such great news... my tubes seemed to be ok but its just my nature that caused it to be ectopic :nope:

:hi: girls hope your all well afm hers my opks when do you think i ovulated ff said it was cd14 but cd15 look like it to me we never bd on cd15 but we did on cd16 and we are tonight do you think it will be enuf x x x

Attachments

• IMG-20120130-00067.jpg
    IMG-20120130-00067.jpg
    29.3 KB · Views: 2
anyone considering IVF? doctor told me that since i had an ectopic already, i am in a risk of another one... what if i loose my other tube? i would go insane... am thinking of maybe IVF will be something to consider... do you ladies know if IVF increases risk of ectopic?

i believe with IVF they implant the fertilized egg in your uterus so there is no way for it to go into your tube.

i believe with IVF they implant the fertilized egg in your uterus so there is no way for it to go into your tube.

i have came across this site and it frightened me to death!
https://www.womens-health.co.uk/IVF-ectopic-pregnancy.html

Here is a story from a girl who had an ectopic from IVF, it is possible... but not too common. About 2%?

"I did have an ectopic (twins) with my first IVF this year in January. It isn't terribly common - around 2% of IVF pregnancies are ectopic. It's even less common to have 2 in the tube - that's apparently extremely rare we've found out. Our doctor told us that one of several things could have happened:
1) the embryos took a little trip up the tube (which apparently some do), but weren't able to get back down
2) the catheter "dropped" the embryos off at the base of the fallopian tube and there might have been just enough push to push them into the opening of the tube, which then sent them in the wrong direction
3) small uterine contractions could have sent them up there."

Here is a story from a girl who had an ectopic from IVF, it is possible... but not too common. About 2%?

"I did have an ectopic (twins) with my first IVF this year in January. It isn't terribly common - around 2% of IVF pregnancies are ectopic. It's even less common to have 2 in the tube - that's apparently extremely rare we've found out. Our doctor told us that one of several things could have happened:
1) the embryos took a little trip up the tube (which apparently some do), but weren't able to get back down
2) the catheter "dropped" the embryos off at the base of the fallopian tube and there might have been just enough push to push them into the opening of the tube, which then sent them in the wrong direction
3) small uterine contractions could have sent them up there."

THANKS for the info. It's really really scary.. i think those who already had an ectopic, are more prone to it. i am not a lucky girl so i am preparing myself for the worse things that can happen to me. its such a traumatic experience that i really cant get over it. my eyes are full of tears and my heart is beating very fast. i can barely sleep at night

I understand, I am the same way. Although I think the chances are quite lower with IVF.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->