One Tubers

RE how much your chances are lowered - apparently (according to my consultant), a fallopian tube will actually reach out to "catch" the egg from the other side :shock:

I hardly ever ever ovulate on my left (I had months of ovulation checks here in Switzerland) and it was my right tube that was removed, so I was sure I was screwed, but nope.

It took us 2 years to conceive Sofia and a lot of losses and heartache. Once they removed the rotten tube I conceived her, and this baby was conceived before I had the chance to start ttc.

Fairy dust to you all :hugs:

Wish you all the luck in the world hun. Hope this is your month.

Can anyone tell me how much does it lower your chances? Do I have half as much chance because I will only ovulate properly (as in it gets down a tube) every other month?

xxx

Well im not too sure if u have probs with a ovary too, but most women ovulate from a diff side each mth, so u have pretty much the same chance as before u lose/have a blocked tube ;-) chances are deffo not halved. Its more like a 20% less chance of getting pg but if its the right side that O's u have as much chance as anyone else. U still have tons of chance:happydance:

xxx

Thanks that made me feel a bit better. They said clomid may be an option or and operation to try and remove the blockage. They said they would have to cut the bad bit out and glue it back together.

xxx

Not to scare you or anything but b careful doing the operation. They did the same to me 6 years ago after an ectopic and last year I had another ectopic in the same tube said it could have been bcuz the tube was still damaged. They ended up removing the tube. I am sure technology is much better than it was then but it just something to think about. :hugs:

Thanks for that I am happy to listen to any advice.

My ovary is also poorly on that side so maybe they would just remove my ovary and tube instead. I dunno if there is any point saving my tube if my ovary doesnt work properly.

xxx

Hey I may be able to help here, I only have one tube and ovary (I was born this way) and normally your chances are exactly the same as a "normal" person as your egg is still produced every month but from the one working ovary, it may be slightly lower but thats it. I was a special case, I had a weird ovary that thought I still had a second so I would only O'v every second cycle BUT after having a moan to the uack they helped me get an egg from that ovary every month and I am now duffage :happydance: .

If your tube needs to be removed and your ovary does not work see if they can remove that as well, it may help your body regulate into producing eggs from just the one ovary (mind you your body may be already doing this anyway). FX for you

Can anyone tell me how much does it lower your chances? Do I have half as much chance because I will only ovulate properly (as in it gets down a tube) every other month?

xxx

Hey I may be able to help here, I only have one tube and ovary (I was born this way) and normally your chances are exactly the same as a "normal" person as your egg is still produced every month but from the one working ovary, it may be slightly lower but thats it. I was a special case, I had a weird ovary that thought I still had a second so I would only O'v every second cycle BUT after having a moan to the uack they helped me get an egg from that ovary every month and I am not duffage :happydance: .

If your tube needs to be removed and your ovary does not work see if they can remove that as well, it may help your body regulate into producing eggs from just the one ovary (mind you your body may be already doing this anyway). FX for you

xxx

Thanks for that. They think its the ovary that causes me most of my pain.

Hope you have a wonderful pregnancy!!

xx

Hi everyone,

It is so exciting waiting for the poas test results - Africa & Puppymom have you tested yet? With me not ovulating, waiting for others to test is just as exciting as if I was doing it myself. Fx for you both - there are some BFPs long overdue here.
Welcome to the new girls - in the TTC game you are never alone, there are always people on this site who are in the same boat.

I'm still bleeding (it is starting to get really boring now - I think I will get this weekend out of the way and then start on the noristerone to finish it all off as its been nearly 40 days now!!) I've had this bleeding problem for a year now and had pelvic scans and blood tests for everything from thyroid through to testosterone levels and everything has come back normal. Docs can't seem to understand what is going on and have said its possibly related to me not ovulating very often. Anyway, hubby had his tests on Tuesday and results are due back today. Then I'm off to docs on Monday to get booked in for all my tests. I'm a bit nervous as I hate the idea of having that test where they inject ink into you - has anyone had it, what is it like?? What other tests will I have to have done before I will be put on the clomid?

Good luck to all those girls TTC - and Puppymom and Africa :test::test::test:

Red- im sorry u are still bleeding hun! that really sucks. Is there nothing they can do??

Well ladies i poas and :bfn::nope: so last nights was deffo a evap. I thought so though. I didnt have much hope this cycle. If the witch dnt show on sunday il test again but its lookin very doubtful :-(

Amy- I hope u get that BFP! At least one of us can be happy this mth and its long overdue for u ;-) xxx

So I took my temp this morning and it was up to 97.58 from 97.33 yesterday so I decided to test with an FRER and there was a second faint pink line. So faint wont show up on my crap cell phone and my real camera is dead but brought my test to work and a coworker can definetly see it and its pink. Not getting excited yet gonna test tomorrow and hope its darker and if it is may take a digi on Sunday. I think I may be more like 12 dpo instead of 13. I just keep praying God please let this be it.

Africa im so sorry for your BFN :-(

Amy OMG!!!! IM PRAYING for ya girl... id be so happy to see you get your much longed for bfp xxx

Red- im sorry u are still bleeding hun! that really sucks. Is there nothing they can do??

Well ladies i poas and :bfn::nope: so last nights was deffo a evap. I thought so though. I didnt have much hope this cycle. If the witch dnt show on sunday il test again but its lookin very doubtful :-(

Amy- I hope u get that BFP! At least one of us can be happy this mth and its long overdue for u ;-) xxx

So sorry Sarah dont give up hope yet 12dpo is very early. There is still hope!!

OMG Amy!!! I pray this is it for u! be lovely if one of us got the news we were hoping for this cycle ;-) why dont u get a digi and test again later?? pleeeeease! lol. Need some good news. Sending u all my sticky bfp vibes xxx

Thanks Sarah maybe if the FRER is nice and dark tomorrow then I will try a digi tomorrow afternoon. So dont wanna see not pregnant if it is too early.

hi girls well still no + opk yet but m temp has gone down today xxxxxx

OMG Amy!!!! I am soooo excited and practically falling off my seat :D. I am praying this is it!!! I really pray you get this :bfp: hun!!! You more than deserve it :hugs:

So sorry about the BFN, Sarah :hugs:. But keep trying, okay. It's not over yet!

Good luck Caz!!!!! :thumbup:

Have a great weekend girls!

:hug:

Thanks Isi got everyone I know that knows I'm trying praying too. Have a lovely weekend too.

OMG OMG OMG OMG I have everything crossed for you.......please let this be your month.

Sarah sorry the test came up BFN but you never know it may just be too early, I have everything crossed for you too.

How is everyone else today

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->