opinions on Flu shot?

kat132

3 boys
Reaction score
My midwife asked me if i have had the flu shot, no i have not. She then went on to try and convince me to have it. I never even got offered this with my other 2 pregnancies so why do i need it this time?

Are you going to have the shot?

Have you been online and seen the research?
I have found so many stories and articles about women wishing that they had NOT had this shot. Many of their children have been diagnosed with autism and other illnesses later in life and they are convinced this jab is to blame. Obviously many other women have had healthy kids :shrug:

Was so much easier when i wasn't offered this the last 2 times :nope:

I have had it twice and will again. I would carefully check the sources and scientific merit behind any of those "stories and articles". Unless it's well conducted scientific research, which I highly doubt, I wouldn't pay the smallest amount of attention to them. At the end of the day it's a personal decision, but thousands of women have a flu shot every season with no issues.

I have had it twice and will again. I would carefully check the sources and scientific merit behind any of those "stories and articles". Unless it's well conducted scientific research, which I highly doubt, I wouldn't pay the smallest amount of attention to them. At the end of the day it's a personal decision, but thousands of women have a flu shot every season with no issues.

I'm right there with you. I've had my shot, and I had no hesitation when it comes to pertinent vaccinations. Anecdotal reports are usually cherry-picked from the rarest occurrences of adverse affects, but in comparison to the public at large, they are few and far between.

All the research showing the link between autism and vaccinations has been proven false or otherwise debunked- don't worry about that risk! There *is*, however, a correlation between flu, high fevers, and birth defects. I'm 7 weeks and I just got over the flu, it was AWFUL. I have never felt so ill in my life! Please get the shot, I would seriously not wish the flu during the first trimester upon anyone!

I have 3 perfectly healthy children and have hadthe jab with 1 of them (the last one). During my second pregnancy I actually had flu. It was awful and lasted weeks. If I had been offered the jab beforehand I would have taken it. Thankfully the flu did not harm my daughter but it could have.

I had the jab this time too, better that than flu. There is more risk to the baby from the actual illness.

I don't get the flu shot during pregnancy. I did the first time, and I regretted it. I had awful side effects from it, and I don't like the idea of putting aluminum, formaldehyde and antibiotics into my baby's body. I've never gotten the flu in my life, anyway. The biggest problem with getting the flu is dehydration, which is detrimental to a pregnancy. If you get the flu during pregnancy, whether or not you're vaccinated, contact your doctor right away. You can get "oscillococcinum" over the counter (it's homeopathic) or Tamiflu as a prescription to help get over the flu faster. If you're not keeping down fluids, get to the hospital for an IV. This goes for bad morning sickness, food-borne illness and tummy bugs, too.

I know these discussions can get heated, especially if you say you've chosen not to get a vaccination, so I'm not coming back to this thread. This is my opinion, and I'm not a doctor. I'm a pregnancy & baby raising expert, but I'm still a "natural" parent and life a natural lifestyle. :)

i agree with pp and i never got the flu shot, and i think it;s a very personal decision. Do what you feel is best and right for you and baby. xx

I got the flu shot for the first time in my life this pregnancy, as it was recommended by my doctor and the CDC (among most other reputable sources). It's your choice overall, though, as it's not necessary.

Thanks for all the opinions. I will just go with my gut on this one I think.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->