Our flat is too small!

tu123

Reaction score
That is it! We have to find somewhere bigger!

Attachments

• P1000747.jpg
    P1000747.jpg
    40 KB · Views: 49
I'm jealous, you have room for a coffee table!

I'm jealous, you have room for a coffee table!

haha! Comes from my husbands batchelor days. I hate the thing!

I am handing in our notice at this flat. It is getting silly.

Trouble is two bedroom places in Wimbledon go for £1300 or more a month!

Time to tighten the belt!

Hun, why dont you move down to devon? Is a lovely place!! I know a 3 bed-s storey house up my street that is going for £750/month!! Lovely road - we have st parties etc, all professional - no student parties waking your baby. Fabulous neighbours (obviously)
Exeter rocks
xxx

Hun, why dont you move down to devon? Is a lovely place!! I know a 3 bed-s storey house up my street that is going for £750/month!! Lovely road - we have st parties etc, all professional - no student parties waking your baby. Fabulous neighbours (obviously)
Exeter rocks
xxx

Oh i wish! I have discussed this with hubby but he just cant get work in his field outta London. Well he says so anyway:shrug: As a nurse i can work anywhere, so it doesnt effect me. Other cheaper areas around here arent THAT much cheaper and are AWFUL!

With the rent we are on now we could have a decent mortgage for that but it is the deposit:shrug:

Exeter rocks
xxx

Oh i wish! I have discussed this with hubby but he just cant get work in his field outta London. Well he says so anyway:shrug: As a nurse i can work anywhere, so it doesnt effect me. Other cheaper areas around here arent THAT much cheaper and are AWFUL!

With the rent we are on now we could have a decent mortgage for that but it is the deposit:shrug:

Yeah, we pay £1200/month mortgage, so at least we are paying for our own house I guess, but it is a struggle and sometimes I wish we could go back to renting.

Its a nightmare if your job is area specific, I am a vet nurse, so I can work anywhere, but dh is a police officer, he has applied for transfer to cornwall 3 times, all 3 times cornwall want him but Devon wont let him go!! So I understand your difficulty. We wanted to move as we have no family around here, my side are near Bath and dhs is cornwall. But cant move in either direction so are stuck in an area with no family.
xxx

I know how you feel. I just console myself with the fact that 100 years ago my tiny terrace would've probably housed a family of 6, so I should be grateful!

Tu I understand the awful rent prices as we are in Epsom, just down the road. For a grand we get a pokey 2 bedroom flat that is too cramped. O have wanted to move further afield too but oh works within the m25 belt. Ugh!! I feel your pain!

Exeter rocks
xxx

Yeah, we pay £1200/month mortgage, so at least we are paying for our own house I guess, but it is a struggle and sometimes I wish we could go back to renting.

Its a nightmare if your job is area specific, I am a vet nurse, so I can work anywhere, but dh is a police officer, he has applied for transfer to cornwall 3 times, all 3 times cornwall want him but Devon wont let him go!! So I understand your difficulty. We wanted to move as we have no family around here, my side are near Bath and dhs is cornwall. But cant move in either direction so are stuck in an area with no family.
xxx

Oh that is awful! Cornwall is lovely. I have been to Truro a few times. I love the relaxed atmosphere at the beaches:happydance:

DONT go back to renting. Serioulsy, it is money down the drain!

Is it not cheaper in Raynes Park. Wimbledon is well overinflated, you pay for the SW19 postcode!! The commute to London is so good there are plenty of outer London areas that are cheaper. I just moved to Hastings from Croydon, but live in Croydon my whole life. Has a name but there's nothing wrong with the place if you move to a decent area :)

Exeter rocks
xxx

xxx

Oh that is awful! Cornwall is lovely. I have been to Truro a few times. I love the relaxed atmosphere at the beaches:happydance:

DONT go back to renting. Serioulsy, it is money down the drain!

That is another reason we love being down this way, today the weather is lush, think we will get a picnic together and head to Dawlish warren, Thomas loves the sand - even if he does try and eat it!

I used to live in New Maldon actually, only for a few months, I worked in the Zoo at Chessington world of adventures for a summer. The lady of the family I lived with worked at Wimbledon tennis place!
xxx

Tu I understand the awful rent prices as we are in Epsom, just down the road. For a grand we get a pokey 2 bedroom flat that is too cramped. O have wanted to move further afield too but oh works within the m25 belt. Ugh!! I feel your pain!

It is crazy huh? Our flat goes for £220, 000. For a one bed!!!! I grew up in Kent and could buy a three bed for that , even now!

Is it not cheaper in Raynes Park. Wimbledon is well overinflated, you pay for the SW19 postcode!! The commute to London is so good there are plenty of outer London areas that are cheaper. I just moved to Hastings from Croydon, but live in Croydon my whole life. Has a name but there's nothing wrong with the place if you move to a decent area :)

Exactly. It IS just a postcode. And unless you live in The Village (rent for up to £20,000 a week!)the town is not al that! I may look at Colliers wood which is just up the road.

That's it Colliers Wood! I was trying to think! Or Earlswood, places just outside. You are right they are not as nice cos Wimbledon IS lovely, but stupidly expensive x

Hmm I may look at colliers wood too as I couldn't think of anywhere cheaper! My mum used to work at Wimbledon tennis. We used to get free tickets to watch games but not centre court! Was fantastic!!! Funnily enough I'm off to chessington this weekend just for a day out with the kids.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->