Our missing loved ones this Christmas

Status
Not open for further replies.

hayley x

1AngelSon,1EarthDaughter
Reaction score
The last couple of days I've felt to be tough. The build up to Christmas is beginning, and I find myself thinking more and more about how different Christmas should be. I thought it would be nice to have a thread where we can acknowledge our family/friends who we wish we here, and who without - Christmas isn't quite the same.

My missing loved one is my Little Man. We never got to experience a Christmas together, but he is always part of our celebrations.

Alex Richard 26.3.09 - 7.4.09

Sending love and gentle hugs to you all xx

I'm sorry for the loss of your little boy :hugs:

I miss my grandma.

She died unexpectedly in August 2007, and I'm not over it. I manage ok throughout the year but when firework night comes and we go see the fireworks I tear up and think about her well into the new year. She loved purple, and purple fireworks were her favourite. It's choking me up just thinking about it again :cry:

I just know she'd love to have met my LO and been a great grandma. Hope she's looking down on us and seeing our little life x x

What a lovely thread.
As a family we always shed a small tear on Christmas day in remembrance of those who are no longer with us.

This year will be our first Christmas without rio's dad's nan. Which is very sad as we always went to her house on the night time of Christmas day.
However, this year is going to be very different for me also as its my first one as a single parent. I am excited for Christmas but am finding it hard to think about the actual day. I want to be happy but I know I'll be sad that rio's dad isn't with us and that we aren't a 'family' anymore. I will also be sad to have to allow Rio to go to his dads on Christmas day. I imagine myaelf sat at home alone with all of his presents opened around me feeling sorry for myself (I'm sure this won't happen in reality but it's a scary thought).
Hopefully it won't be as bad as I think!

I'm so sorry for everyones loss. This is a lovely thread idea <3

My missing loved one is my Dad. He died when I was 8 and I'm 22 now. I still find special occassions very hard as now I'm older it dawns on me much more than it did when I was a child. It kills me still he can't and won't meet LO as I know he'd love her.

But he will be in my thoughts (like always) and I know he will be looking down with a big smile on his face!! xx

ETA - (sorry about the typos if anyone noticed them! It's hard to type and see what I'm putting with tears in my eyes!) xx

sorry for everyone's losses :( i feel for you Hayley, i can't imagine losing a child, hugs xx

I am missing my mum this Christmas, she passed away 5 yrs ago at the not so old age of 52 very suddenly and unexpectedly of Pneumonia, her favourite time of the year was Christmas as she loved to spoil everyone, specially her grandkids(my older two were 5 and 2 when she passed) so its hard not to be able to call her :(

I'm so sorry for everyone's losses.

My is my beautiful little girl Marnie. Every day is painful but special occasions are worst. She should be running around playing with her sisters.

We always release a balloon for her. I think this year its peppa pig as her twin sister loves it and I'm pretty sure she does too.

I'm sorry for everyones losses :hugs:

A few months ago I was thinking about christmas with 2 lo's. Our dd2 was due on 26th oct, but sadly we lost her on 22nd aug. I really wish things could have been different.

:hugs: to all of you.
I love Christmas but it is always bittersweet thinking about the people who should be here to share it. This year I will particularly be missing my lovely friend, she passed away September 30th. I have her presents in my Christmas cupboard, makes me so sad whenever I go in there to see them knowing I won't get to give them to her.

I will be missing my dad. He died a few days after Christmas when I was 19. I miss him so much every day.

i'm so sorry ladies :hugs:

this year will be the first christmas without
my father, he passed away 5 months ago,
he was only 51, he had end stage ms and fought
it every step of the way, we had a few more years
together than doctors predicted, that was more
time he got to spend with emily so i'm grateful
for that, she loved playing nurse when we went
round my mums, he was soldier and i'm really proud
of the way he never gave into his illness, he went
out fighting but unfortunately it was his body that
let him down in the end, i'm dreading christmas
boxing day round my mums wont be the same at all

:cry::nope:

Sorry for everyone's losses.

I miss my Grandma and Grandad.

my grandma passed away in Sept 2010, very quickly from bowel and uterine cancer. she was 79. She was like a mum to me and everyday is hard without her as there is so much she should have been there for.
my grandad passed away 23rd Dec last year so last Xmas was very very hard. This year would have been a big 1 as I turned 30, my aunt turns 60 and he would have just had his 90th birthday. Again he also had cancer but had fought it for about 10 years before it finally spread to his kidneys.

Christmas now feels very quiet without them, and my grandma loved Christmas and the shopping online. I think if she was still around she would have been in here with all of us looking for bargains x

This year I will especially be missing my dad and grandad, it will be our first year without my grandad (mums dad) he passed 17th jan this year. And as usual will be missing hugely my dad. He died 12th dec 2007, very unexpected at the young age of 43 from a heart attack, this year it will be 7 years since he died but as he died so close to Christmas it is always very raw.

Also always in my thoughts are my nan and grandad from my dad's side too x

:hugs: to everyone, I'm so sorry for your loss

My DS was born sleeping on 20th December 2011, he would be 3 next month. I miss him more than words can say, sometimes more than my heart can bare.....I'm off work at the moment cause I can't handle the stress of it and for some reason I'm hurting so much more than usual at Eoins 3rd anniversary and christmas approachs:cry:

But he will get his presents from Santa under the tree next to his brothers. We have a picture of him in a star bulb that hangs at the top of our tree, because he is our star, our angel. We bought a chrismoose wreath a week before he passed with Eoin in mind, we were going to hang it on the door on the day we were putting up the tree so when he got home from nursery/school he'd know it was tree day. Now we put it up on his birthday.

This year would've been the first year he would be properly excited for Santa, Christmas and his birthday:nope:

So sorry for everyones losses.
This year I will be missing my bil, he passed away in Feb this year at 34 after a short battle with cancer. I miss him everyday and the first Christmas without him is going to be so hard. I should be buying him Tottenham Hotspur gifts and eating Christmas dinner with him, I miss him so much.

Big hugs girls.

This year I'll still be missing my dad it will be
11 years in January when he passed very suddenly
Infront of me aged 18 Christmas is so bittersweet as it was
His birthday Christmas Eve makes me so sad he will never get to meet his
Beautiful grandson esp as he looks like him when he was a little
Boy &#55357;&#56845;

My nan, she died suddenly in February 2013, she never a well woman but wasn't poorly enough to go the way she did. The morning she died she was in the hairdressers having her usual and by 10pm she was gone :( her heart just gave up. I'm just so grateful she got to spend a few months having Keelan, he was her first and only great grandchild and she thought the world of him!

And now I can't watch the John Lewis advert without crying because the girl penguin is called Mabel, she bloody hated her name and we always laughed about the amount of animals on TV that were called Mabel!!

I'm so sorry for everyone's losses :hugs:

Christmas is always mixed emotions for me as I can't help but think I should have Devin here with us. We lost him at 36.4 weeks back in June 2009, he would be 5 this year and I bet he would be so excited for Christmas :cry: I also think of both my Grandmothers and Grandfather who are not with us anymore. :cry:

:hugs:

I always have a hard time as I picture 3 kids coming downstairs and opening gifts instead of two... or I look through and see what I would buy my son if he were still here with us etc... :( I am also missing my grandfather and one of my grandmothers who both passed away last year, within a month... :( Holidays are hard for sure... x

:hugs:
What a lovely but depressing thread, it's sometimes nice to get things like this off ur chest and see you're not alone.
The lead up to Christmas is a hard one for me as my husband died 25th November, so that Christmas was so hard, but I had to smile for my son and bump 2.
He loved Christmas, so it's always bitter sweet.

My nan died 7 years ago but since oh died, I don't think of her much, which is sad. I kind of forget.
She'd have loved my boys, it would have been nice to see her with them at Christmas

This year I will be missing my lovely Grandma, who died in February after a 4 year battle with Ovarian Cancer.

The last time I saw her was Boxing Day last year, the only day of the year where my pap would stop being such a tight arse and drive up to my mums (3 miles away :haha: ). He hates wasting petrol, haha!

She looked so well, but a couple of weeks after just went down hill like you can't imagine. It will always stick with my how distressed she was when she died.
What a really really lovely woman she was too. Life is just not fair.
Sorry to heat about your losses :kiss:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79