Over 30 and Fabulous!

GL haku - hope you get to hear it. Your baby is due almost the same day Eva was :0 Winter babies are great

Haha msj & Mrsmax at your girls falling out with you! They're funny little things! :haha:

GL with your appointment hakuna! Still can't believe you're onto #2 :winkwink:

Penny is rolling all over now, but gets frustrated if she's on her tummy too long & doesn't have the sense to roll back again even though she can! When did you all start weaning your babies? Not sure if Penny is ready or not so I'll see what happens over the next few weeks.

x

MrsP - I'm sure P will learn to roll the other way soon. Poor things they get so frustrated!!

I started weaning at about a week before 6 months - but only started regular solids at just over 6 months. I've gad friends do it early successfully and some who started at 4 months and their babies now are a bit scared of food so I guess it is about watching your baby and taking your cue from them. Are thinking of weaning soon?

I started A on solids around five months but only been giving her food regularly in the last two weeks. She loves sweet potato and pumpkin but isn't fond of pear.

A still isn't rolling over. She gets half way there then gives up but I guess she's getting closer. It doesn't help that she now hates lying down - back or front and much prefers to sit up unless she chooses to lie back.

First week back at work went well and A did well at daycare for the 3 days.

Thanks Mrsmax and Mrspttc, the appointment went great. HB is great, and anatomy scan scheduled for Aug 28 :)

How you doing Rosa, did you pass the 3 hour? :hugs:

not rosa - SB :wink: Glad appointment went well. :)

Is everyone going back to work part time? I am going back 3 days (squeezed into 2.5) but DH just announced it will make us very poor so now stressing that maybe I should go back more...

Glad the appt went well Hakuna. Aug28 is not far away - yay for a scan

Yeah I am back part time - 3 days a week. We have lost a huge amount of our income but have managed to stretch our funds. Got asked by daycare lady if we will be wanting 4 days next year but dh and I have decided 3 days is enough. We will just have to suck up the lack of funds ;-)

MIL has interrogated DH as to why A has gone to day care and how come she can't look after A. Poor DH was made to feel like a horrible parent for this decision despite the fact that MIL is physically unable to care for a baby for more than an hour or so. I am sure we haven't heard the end of this. Sigh it was a hard enough decision without her making things harder.

Thanks MrsJ.

Oops yeah I meant SB :blush: Baby brain moment :dohh:

I'll eventually have to go back PT. Hopefully later rather than sooner. Sometime after baby 2 is born. Don't want to think about it :nope:

Gestational diabetes it is. I'm not about to say they've misdiagnosed me, but every time I have drawn my blood (four times a day!) for the past few days, I am always in the 90s, which is only a few points higher than the high end of the fasting range (which is 90). So I've been feeling light-headed and sleepy quite a bit because they've cut back my carbs too much. It's ridiculous. I did a sneaky last night and DOUBLED my carb intake for dinner and my levels were still well below the 120 mark at testing time. I think my body, if I can ACT NORMALLY, handles carbs just fine. Sure. Give me a concentrated sugar drink (waaay more than I normally consume in hours, much less in five minutes!) and then tell me to sit around for three hours while you test my sugar levels. Of course I'm going to fail one or two of the four darn blood draws you do! :growlmad: Whatever. I'm seeing the diabetes educator/dietician again on Friday and I am going armed with my blood results and what I've been eating. I feel like my life has been taken over with reading labels, anticipating what I need to prepare for the next meal or snack, and typing every blessed thing down.

No fruit juices allowed. No fruit before lunch. No cereals in the AM (unless you want to eat half a cup of cereal!). It's killing me. I think as long as I am eating more protein and testing myself regularly to make sure I am below the 120 level, I should not be restricted in my carb intake. That's the argument I'll be making on Friday anyway...

Sorry for harping. Just a little frustrated. And I get irritable when I am hungry and tired, which this lack of sufficient carbs seems to make me, oh so often! (or are those just third trimester symptoms?!)

Think I need a nap. Will come back on again later.

:flower:

P.S. Hurrah for baby Breeze making it to squash stage!! :happydance:

Hey hon I only failed by 2 of the 4 draws and only by a few points. My sugars usually were just fine after eating. I think you and I are both borderline gestational diabetics. Thanks goodness our numbers are so good and we don't have to worry about medication. Better to be safe than sorry and err on the side of caution. Big hugs!! :hugs:

Just frustrated and cranky. Sometimes my sugar levels are in the fasting range or only a point or two above it after eating, and I feel light-headed or sleepy. Went to the doctor's today and my poor, sweet baby is off the charts big. Sigh. She's above the 97th percentile right now and they're going to have me in for weekly monitoring for her growth (she's five and a half pounds now and I'm 32 weeks tomorrow). :nope:

Been a rough day. Hoping when I see the dietician tomorrow she gives me more carbs. Doc says I have ketones in my urine, which is likely a sign that my body is going for fat for energy since it's not getting enough through carbs anymore. Hurrah.

Maybe if the sun were shining and I weren't so sleepy, I'd be more positive...

Hey hon I know it's worrisome but the good news is the docs will be keeping a very close eye on you :hugs:

The ketones make me think you're not eating enough possibly? I bet the dietician will say you can try eating a bit more carbs, especially since your blood sugar is so low.

Hang in there hon! :hugs:

Oh sorry Soleil on the diabetes :hugs: As for your baby being on the big side, I was told at mw appt baby was measuring small, sent for scan at around 35 weeks, maybe sooner & Penny was measuring 5lb something & they estimated her around 7-8lbs at birth, more around the 8lb mark & she was only 6lb 5 born & was TINY! They don't always get it right! Is your bump big? Would love to see a pic, and you hakuna!

Mrsmax we're weaning Penny this weekend, spoke to HV yesterday & she said optimum time is between 21 & 26 weeks (so much for 6 months!) she's been messing on with her bottles & trying to grab drinks out of my hand & watching me eat so we think she's ready & HV agrees. I'm now pretty excited to be trying it on Sunday! I wanted to wait til 6 months but never mind, people always used to do it at 4!

Ah msj I'm pleased going back to work went well. Sorry about your MIL, mine was kind of the same not wanting anyone but family to look after Penny. But I think nursery is important & from what I've seen excellent for development!

Still not sure what we're doing yet but I know my mum having P one day & DH mum the next. I was planning on 4 days but working sat so 1 less childcare day but I really want to work only 3 days... Plenty time to think about it anyway

x

Ugh. That sucks, Soleil. Esther measured in the 95th percentile from about 30 weeks. They were all worried that she'd be huge and wanted to induce. She was big (8lbs 11 oz) but not the giant they had me all geared up for. And she was born a day after her due date.

Congrats to Aisak! Dang woman, I didn't realize you had your baby already! :kiss:

Time is a-flying...

Hakuna - no more carbs for me; but I need to eat more protein. I've been a pescatarian for YEARS and am now eating ham, pork and chicken. All in the name of a healthy baby girl! (Dietician says it's fine to be close to the fasting range; low is good. Hmph).

By the way girls, thanks so much for letting me know just how off (well, except in Aisak's case!) the doctor's can be when it comes to baby's size. I really just want her to come when she is ready (ie, NOT be induced!). If they have to do a c-section, then so be it. But by damn, I am going to fight tooth and nail to keep the sugars under control so that it doesn't lead to that. In my heart, I think she is going to be just fine. But sometimes doctors can freak you out.

I still find myself hungry more often than not. I guess I'm just not at the point where I can sit down and eat slices upon slices of ham or a quarter of a block of cheese! But it is snack time now, so I'm going to feed us.

Here's my bump shot from two weeks ago. :flower:

Attachments

• IMG_6453.jpg
    IMG_6453.jpg
    40.1 KB · Views: 2
Thanks Hakuna!

Soleil, i was a vegetarian for years, and then a pescatarian once we got married (we got married on the coast and i just couldn't resist all the good seafood - once i started i couldn't stop!). i hadn't eaten "meat" in years until last Thanksgiving when i HAD to have some turkey. i didn't end up eating meat full time, but there was definitely some indulgence in pepperoni pizza and bacon.

will pop on to post properly later but have to say Gorgeous bump SB!!!!!!! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->