Over 30 and Fabulous!

Sorry to hear E is not sleeping very well Hun :( penny is still fine during the night but just works herself during the day, which is better I guess! I think it's constipation with Penny. I've put her on comfort milk to see if it helps that & also her colic, I'm trying to get her off colief too.

Enjoy your girlie weekend!

Yes SB where are you?!

x

Been a crazy few weeks. We moved out of NYC, back to Connecticut. It's an old rental house, creaks, smells, needed cleaning - all the kind of stuff that is exhausting to deal with (except for the creaking). Had to go car hunting, too; that was not exactly fun. And now, I'm just here trying to unpack and find my way around a new place. Today was the worst (at the Department of Motor Vehicles), but it's just too long of a stressful story to bother telling. I will just say, though, I had my first pregnancy breakdown. I made it back to my car before I burst into tears. :haha:

So, yeah, things are all just up in the air at the moment. I find it really difficult to work on the dissertation with all my stuff in boxes. I've unpacked a crap-load, but cleaning wears a girl out, so I don't have as much energy for organizing.

Oh, and had to find a new doctor, too. Found a place and nearly walked out - the staff was horrible to a patient (another long story), but I really liked the doctor. I figure I'll be interacting with him during labor, and not any of his staff, right? I just can't be bothered to look around for another person right now. If I weren't new to the area, I would go with a midwife. Part of me still wonders if I am making the right decision by going to an OB/GYN.

Anyway, baby girl is doing well! My GOD is it awful when you need to pee and she kicks at the bladder! I almost peed in a cup on the freeway a few days ago! It was terrible!

Hakuna - now I'm back in CT [waaaay south of you, though], we should try and meet up somewhere in the middle sometime.

Mrsmax - I say let the chips fall where they may. Don't prevent, but don't go out of your way TTC. Enjoy Eva, and if her spirit calls for a brother or sister to join her soon, then so be it. :flower: And yeah, I wonder about the "shocker" effect of a number 2 when the first is so good. I sometimes wonder how baby girl is going to be on the outside because this pregnancy is just so darn good! Will she be a hellcat to make up for it? Is she duping me right now? :haha: I think she just has DH's easy going personality. :happydance:

MsJMouse - Amelia is a beauty!

Pink80 - you would feel the same about #2! Although I always wonder if parents have a softer spot for their firstborns...cause, well, you know, it's the novelty of the first experience that sticks with you in so many cases. The love would be the same though!

MrsPTTC - I do not think about a #2 at all. Maybe it's because this one is still baking, or maybe it's because I feel like we are complete with her. Sure, it might be nice for her to have a sibling, but I'm not going to push or prevent anything. Things will take their course all on their own. One thing I've learned from my TTC experience is that I have no control over any of this. I just have to release, move on, and be oh, so grateful when things unexpectedly turn out in my favor :cloud9:

Rosa - don't ever feel bad for having feelings like that. We ladies on here are unique beings. We're not run-of-the-mill in the fertility area and we were put on this quest for a reason. Maybe we haven't figured it out yet, but it has to be for some good, down the road. Maybe it's so we can help someone else out. Maybe it's so we can learn about patience, acceptance or humility. I don't know. What I know for sure is that life is precious and is guaranteed to no being. So, for me, being grateful is something that I've been trying to practice more of.

Hopeful - we love you, we think about you and we know that when you're 80 years old and in your rocker on the front porch, you will be surrounded by your children and grandchildren. :kiss:

We love you and are thinking about you, too! We can all be grandmomma's in rocking chairs, surrounded by our loved ones!

I'm pretty sure, decades from now, we're going to look back on this time in our life and be like, geez, why did I worry so much? While you're in the fire, though, you sure do feel the heat!

:kiss:

A has had a few shocker nights recently as well. I do wonder if it to do with development as she is suddenly doing push ups and pulling her leg up under her when on her belly. Still not rolling though - wonder if she planning on doing it and crawling at the same time as she wants to move.

Wow some of you ladies are so eloquent. Thank Soliel for your words. I love reading your posts and Regal's posts as you both have such a way with words.

I love reading everyone's thoughts and updates etc, I love how supportive the ladies in this thread are.

Things are so hectic right now I barely get time to post anything coherent but I think about you all, all the time. Someone else always manages to say what I was thinking anyway so I don't feel quite so bad...

I hope everyone's having a good week.

Moving is stressful SB, don't blame you for tears at DMV!

Definitely we should go shopping sometime.

Msj I agree with you Soleil & regal's words are always amazing!

SB glad you're well but how stressful moving! Hope you're settling in well in your new home :thumbup:

Hi readyornot! :wave:

x

Hi everyone :wave:

SB - love the update - moving is so stressful but I guess better now than with a baby. Did you move out of NYC cause of the baby? I hate govt departments too - queues, forms, people who are "jobs worths" if you know what that means. Love your upbeatness. I know what you mean about feeling complete with the one baking. that is exactly how I feel with E - I would love another but I am complete with her and I feel totally blessed. if we cant conceive another then we might look at adopting number 2 - there are so many unwanted children out there it breaks my heart and I think maybe that was the purpose of my journey cause it might lead me to that one child who needs us. Who knows :shrug:

On a lighter note, we tried solids for the first time too. We tried banana but trying BLW so just gave her a banana to try she pretty much just squashed it and sucked it. she didnt seem that impressed. Will prob combine purees with BL, but going to start porperly when we get back from our hols in a week. Just startig for fun now. Will try cooked sweet potato next - I love it!! Rosa - weird Jack doesnt. How can anyone (MrsP!!) not like it?!!

How frustrating are government departments. I rang one yesterday, sat through the stupid phone queue only to be told I needed to put in my claim online. So I go online only to find their website is having intermittent problems (that's what the warning said on the website). Finally managed to log on only to have the server crash. :growlmad:

Feeling your pain Soliel. Hope the moving is going well

Yay for solids Mrs Max. We tried A with sweet potato again.it was quite funny as she wanted the spoon so I gave it to her. She managed to get sweet potato all over face and in her hair.

:rofl: mrsmax, I am a so-called jobs worth!! :winkwink:

Oh no sweet potato :sick: lol. However I'll be giving Penny all the stuff we don't like, DH doesn't like any cooked veg! :rolleyes: not having penny the same...

x

Hi Ladies!
:hi:

Just stopping in to say thanks to Soleil, MsJMouse, MrsPttc and everyone really for kind words. Such a sweet bunch of ladies! :hugs:

Also happy Fourth to all who celebrate. Today is a good day! :)

Looks like all the little one are doing pretty good. That is a blessing.

What's going on with you Regal? Anything developments on the TTC front? xx

Yes, I am asking, so no need to mince your words. Honest opinions.
I fell in love with the name Emme months ago. I came across it in a round-about sort of way. I was looking up names that mean "blessing" and in Japanese "Emi" means blessing. I anglicized the spelling a wee bit [hence, Emme], which has a meaning all its own - universal, whole. So, in a nutshell, I love what Emme means. I consider her our blessing and she makes us whole. DH remarked that he liked the name Emme, but said it sounded too much like a nickname, not something a grown woman would have as a name. I got a little mad and said no one says those sorts of things about Amy, Lori or any of those names that end in an "e" sound. [We would pronounce it Em-me, as in the Emmy awards]. I also pointed out that Emma was a just a vowel different and no one thought that was a child's name.

So anyway, he has now come around to Emme and even calls her that [I've been calling her that for a while]. WELL, now I'm not sure about Emme. Everything he said about it being nicknamish, etc., seems valid. I was reading an article a few days ago and it asked, "is this a name that you would have wanted for yourself?" And I immediately said, "No." !! So now I'm thinking Emme is not such a good choice.

DH has liked Olivia for ever, and I've always thought it was a pretty name. I like it. I just think it's meaning isn't all that great ["from the olive tree"] and it's so damn popular in the U.S. It's ranked four or five; something like that!

SO. Based on all of that:

1. Do you like Emme? Is it a name you can grow into? If so, does the spelling make it seem like it should be pronounced "M" and not "Emmy"?
2. Do you like Olivia better? [Bear in mind that she will have both of our last names, which combined is three syllables].
3. Do you think we should just keep searching? I am thinking on Elyse, too...I tend toward names that start with A, E or O.

:shrug: What say you?

This is definitely the toughest part about being pregnant for me - choosing a name!

:wacko:

I will not be upset with what you say. I am looking for honest opinions; your gut reactions to the names. Thanks!! :flower:

I love thinking about names and honestly love the name Emme. I do think it will be misspelled and mis prounounced, but as long as you can handle that I say go for it. I think with LTTC we have so much time to think about it it makes it hard, i love meanings so i would go for it - what swung eva for me is that it means life so seemed so apt. I do think i might try to find a different spelling though for emme - not sure what though.....

oh and olivia was my fav name for years but too popular now and a boit posh in the uk. saying tht eva is now very popular too

1. Do you like Emme? Is it a name you can grow into? If so, does the spelling make it seem like it should be pronounced "M" and not "Emmy"?
2. Do you like Olivia better? [Bear in mind that she will have both of our last names, which combined is three syllables].
3. Do you think we should just keep searching? I am thinking on Elyse, too...I tend toward names that start with A, E or O.

:shrug: What say you?

This is definitely the toughest part about being pregnant for me - choosing a name!

:wacko:

I will not be upset with what you say. I am looking for honest opinions; your gut reactions to the names. Thanks!! :flower:

I do like the name Emme. I do think it will be mispronounced, and I think if you pronounce it "Em", she'll always deal with "so is it just the letter M?"
However, I do agree with your dh (sorry) and it is a very cute girl name, but not necessarily an adult "professional" name. I am one of those people who thinks names that end in an E sound like a girl's name, not a woman's name. (I hope I'm not offending anyone...) This was something I struggled with too...finding a girl's name that was cute and yet professional.

I LOVE the name Olivia. one of my favorites, despite the fact that it's growing in popularity. It's on the top of our list if we have a girl next. So is Eva (yay, mrsmax!) I like Elysa too.

Could you do something like Emily (and yes, I realize it ends in an E sound...) or something else and call her Emme?

Oh - I misread that and thought it should be pronouced like Emmy not m. Prefer Emmy to M - my name gets shortened to M sometimes and I dont always like it (depends who does it). Also sounds like a character from James Bond - I do like "Emmy" though. I know what you and Rosa mean about "e" ending words not sounding professional but I have never been too bothered by that - I have a friend in RL who wanted to make sure her naes were good for babies and boardrooms! I will chuckle if her kids end up being garden landscapers of something ;)

Rosa - love that you like Eva. Is it getting/popular in the US?

yes, I loved Ava but James didn't, which was why I was shocked that he went for Eva!

We are on holiday at the beach at the moment and it has been amazing. We have really got the hang of the heat and packing for the beach. Let's hope the heatwave continues! Eva ate a lot of sand the first few days but seems to have given that up. her crawling is getting even faster and she is trying to get up on her knees now so maybe going to go from comando style to "proper" style.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
queenmom14
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->