Over 30 and TTC

MrsJ08

Reaction score
Well here it is the new team TTC and over 30 thread. Looking forward to talking to all you ladies here.

x

Thanks Mrsjo8 for organizing this, its so nice to talk with people the same age/situation. I'm sorry about the wedding stuff, but like you said- definitely a blessing in disguise. You all sounds so wonderful and look forward to sharing our journeys. I just got AF, so wont be ovulating until the middle of next month....hopefully a BFP for Christmas? I just spoke to my sister and she mentioned that she has a tilted uterus and that I probably do too, so I'm going to find out from my doctor. If i do there are certain positions that will help TTC so to speak, so that might help me. Apparently she had to do a couple different things to conceive, but it worked!
Baby dust to all!!
xx Britt

Hi Britt
I'm glad you found your way here. Sorry to hear the :witch: arrived but fingers crossed for next month. My DH came home from hospital but I'm out for this month as my DH is too poorly to BD and I OV yesterday. Looking forward to next month. It sounds like you got some help from your sister and I'm sure if you google tilted uterus you will find some info that will help. I have sent you a friend request so we can keep in touch.

I've been volunteering at a Christmas Fayre today, I was on the baby/children's clothes stall. There were some lovely baby thing's but I resisted, DH would have thought I'd gone completely mad! I managed to keep my broodiness mostly in check but it was a bit tricky when confronted with a gorgeous newborn!

Sending lot of :dust: your way

x

Hi everyone, i followed the link to this group from the ttc board. I'm 32 (33 in feb) and have been ttc since July. All i can say is...it was so much easier when i was younger! I was 18 when i had my first daughter (an unexpected surprise, i dont like to say accident) and 21 when i concieved my youngest daughter, a month off the pill and that was it. This time....what the hell happened in ten years to make it all so difficult!

I hate the paranoia too, esp when people say things like 'ooh you'd better get a move on...not much time left' Not what we need to hear!

Anyway, :dust: in big doses to everyone .xxx

Hi Mrsjo8 I found it yeah!!

Angeldust I hate the whole oh god you better get a move on my mum always says things like oh not pregnant this month yet you should see the doctor it's not like you can afford to wait!!!

Omg wanna bash her head in like a Tom and Jerry cartoon!! but just smile and say maybe I will. The pressure from others is hard do they not realise in our own heads the clock is ticking so loudly sometimes it deafens me lol. I really don't need added pressure like that:(

So me and OH who is only 28 (go me lol) and me coming 36 in feb have been trying for 3 months not long I know. Period due somewhere between Monday and Suday of nest week O on cd11 which was early for me so think af should be Monday but wo the Hell knows lol

Sorry for the rant..

HI all, I found my way over too. 32 ttc my third his first and he is 22. 2nd cycle charting, and 9th month casually ttc.

Hi girls can I join you a little early... I turn 30 on Thursday. DH is 32 and we have been together for 9 years, married for 3.5 years and ttc for 4 months after being warned by gynae that it might not happen if we leave it much longer due to my rather agressive endo, grr. Still it got us ttc earlier than DH would have agreed to otherwise!
Fiona
x
PS My Mum was 35 when she had me, unheard of in the 1970s!!! When you are in your 30s/40s you can actually be healthier than those in 20s. You are less likely to be eating rubbish, drinking excessively and taking poor care of yourself. You are more likely to take the appropriate supplements, eat a healthy diet and take all the steps you can to have a healthy pregnancy. So in many ways you are in a better position! Positivity for Sunday!

Hi ladies, I've made my way over here at last... This morning I've woken up feeling really pregnant but I'm trying desperately to not get my hopes up as this month has been really odd anyway. Will try and hold off till Wednesday to test LoL.

Hello All,
I'm 30 (soon to be 31). DH just turned 32. We are ttc our first. I had an ectopic in February after 4 months of trying and we've been ttc following the ectopic since July. (I was treated with methotrexate) I am very impatient! I'm debating seeing a doctor since I had three days of spotting following OV last month. I'm worried that my doctor will tell me it is normal and not do anything.

Hi Libsoncat i have heard some people have ovulation spotting, when is your AF supposed to arrive?

fif-folle happy birthday for thursday! and I guess you are right I have never been healthier train 5 times a week very little alcohol and take good care of myself:) so hopefully it should be our turn soon. AF due tomorrowish for me I o early this month so assume af will be early.

Hi All

Nice to have a group for us here. I'm not sure this will be our month sadly, we've been quite focused on sorting out our house (we moved not that long ago) so ttc has taken a bit of a back seat :( and my OH has had a few big weekends which won't have helped either... But I'm optimistic -you never know :)

T

I'm so glad you ladies have found your way over here :smile:

lisboncat - I'm sorry to hear about your ectopic it must have been very difficult for you. Try and stay positive, you know you can conceive so that's a positive. Hopefully next time it will happen in the right place. I'm sure there will be a next time for you.

Angel Dust and Lisa - I know exactly what you mean about the stupid things people say to you especially about running out of time. My DH is really fed up of me going on about my biological clock. I just hope he is right and that I am worrying about nothing. Only time will tell I guess. Apart from being a bit overweight I am pretty healthy and I don't drink or smoke and never have. DH doesn't drink and gave up smoking recently although as you all know he has been in hospital so he's not in perfect health. The women in my family are pretty fertile it seems but I don't know if fertility has anything to do with genetics. My Mum had my little brother at 32 and has always fallen pregnant at the drop of a hat. My grandmother had my uncle when she was 40 and my great grandmother on my Mum's side was still having children when her grandchildren started to arrive. Sometime's I wonder whether we know too much now thanks to scientific advances so we worry about it. I asked my Mum if she or her friend's ever worried about their fertility and she said no they all just assumed they could have children. Perhaps there is something in that - what do you think?

Fiona - I like your positivity and I agree with a lot of the things you say about health etc.

Newlywed - keeping everything crossed for you and a :bfp: on Wednesday

I was just wondering if any of you ladies are taking vitamins, folic acid etc? I've been taking folic acid although I have forgotten now and again but I'm not taking any other vitamins. I was thinking of buying Sanatogen for Conception but I sometimes wonder whether they are just a waste of money? I understand the importance of folic acid but is anything in the other vitamins actually proven to help with conception?

Hope you ladies are enjoying your weekend x

Hey ladies, I found my way over from the TTC thread.
I'm 37 with a 15 yr old son and ttc #1 with DH 32. We bought our first home together a yr ago, and got married this summer so expanding our family is the next step :)
We're on our 3rd cycle of actively trying and boy is it more challenging than I thought it would be.
I will be testing later this week for my BFP, how's that for PMA!

Hi Lisa1,
I OV early this month too on CD14, AF should be due on Tues/Weds this week, Dec. 1 or 2. My cycles used to be very regular but the ectopic changed that. They have been longer the last few months, around 30-32 days with OV around CD 17. This month, it was a surprise when I OVed on CD 14.

Hi ladies. Is there room for another one TTC in her 30s? I'm 33, DH is 27 and we're on our 3rd cycle of TTC. Am due for af on the 9th December. This is such a great idea. Makes sucha difference to be able to chat to others in exactly the same boat. Lots of sticky :dust: to everyone. Looking forward to hearing about all your BFP - everyone's ultimate xmas pressie!! xx

Hi lisboncat looks like we could be testing at the same time I am kinda thinking I should wait till I know I am definetly late, but what the hell might even test tomorrow lol. my periods have always been 28days before I went on the pill but these last three months since coming off they have bben 27/28/31 so a bit mixed up:(

Last three months I have had all the symptoms this month nada so hoping that is a sign! pma for a :bfp: for all us ladies, we will show them lol

Hiya ladies,firstly...fingers crossed for all those testing this week.Hope to see plenty of BFPs! xxx

i was wondering about the whole vitamins thing too, seeing as my body seems to be doing a crappy job so far at ttc, i thought maybe a few extra vits might boost my chances.

I've been on a multi vitamin for two months but have added a vit B complex and EPO this week to see if that helps. Waiting for some opk s from ebay too, may as well try it all!

Ive heard about Agnus castus has anybody tried that or know of any success stories with that?

great questions Angel_dust, I am not sure but would be curious in the answers as well. Personally I'm just taking a multivit but just got back from the drugstore and picked up some "Evening Primrose Oil" have heard some chatter about it in various pregnancy topics. Anyone heard of success from that?
thanks,
good luck and cant wait to start hearing of all the BFP's!!

Hi Ladies

I bought some Sanatogen Mother to Be Vitamins which are a multi vitamin with folic acid as my standard folic acid ran out. I'm not sure about Evening Primrose Oil purely because my Doctor told me you shouldn't take it when you are TTC. To be honest I'm not sure why as she didn't explain and I was in a bit of a hurry to leave not being a big fan of the doctor.

I've got a little bit of news - my blood/urine/swab tests came back yesterday and everything is normal. Hurrah!!!!! I can't tell you how relieved I am.

I haven't heard of Agnus Castus - what is it?

Has anybody used those lubricants that are supposed to help sperm motility or know anything about them.

Best of luck to ladies testing this week
x

Hi MrsJo, quick reply I am off to work here in Vancouver today but I have heard really good things about Preseed lubricant- especially for those of us that have been on the pill for many years. I havent confirmed this with my doctor but i picked some up at the fertility clinic in town here, so it has to be somewhat effective.
I see my doc on Thurs, so will let you know.
and sooooo exciting about all the normal tests, very happy for you. Now you guys just need a bottle of wine and a romantic night. :) we plan on that next week, going up to the mountains withs some wine, which just happens to be "o" time. :)
Cheers,

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->