Over 30 and TTC

Ah bugger thats me out this month again!! freaking :witch: so now into my fourth month ttc:( last month I stopped taking my vitamins as I was getting constipated and I thought it had mucked my cycles up and stopped cm.

But obviously doesnt seem to matter, I will go on them again this month. I was just wondering ladies did any of you go to the doctor about ttc?

I am just wondering since this is the fourth month and nothing should I get a check up? I seem to be ovulating periods are becoming regular now, would it be worth seeing the doc?

I think your fine :) give it a little more time, most docs wont even address it until you have been trying for a year. I say give it two more months before you worry. took me 5 months with my son :)

I think your fine :) give it a little more time, most docs wont even address it until you have been trying for a year. I say give it two more months before you worry. took me 5 months with my son :)

Thanks hun your right I am just so impatient, but I am always positive so PMA for my :bfp: on the 1st of January 2010:)

I better be getting a:baby: next year! I just been on the write a letter to the stork thread think I just cyber bullied her lol

Back on the pregnacare and bding like a mad woman this month:happydance: poor oh won't know whats hit him:haha::haha::wacko:

Hi ablacketer see you have a bbt chart, gonna sneak a look at that, I have been having positive opks every month but maybe a bbt will let me know that I am actually ovulating.

Do you find it easy to do? could you give me a quick run down on how you chart and what happens after you o? does the temp go up before and then dip after? sorry I have no idea how it works

MrsJo , So glad your tests came back with good results!

I'm on the sanatogen vits too, have just read up on the EPO and apparently it increases EWCM...but its only to be taken until you ov . All this confusing stuff!

I'm interested in any info on charts and temps too, but i also dont have a clue what to do in that department. Going to be trying out my OPKs when it gets nearer the time. I kind of just guessed at when i ov last month and my OH was away gigging that weekend so I think i missed the important time for :sex: so i shouldnt have been surprised when the witch arrived.
....But he's home for all of this month so i'm not giving the poor bloke a moments peace.

Ah bugger thats me out this month again!! freaking :witch: so now into my fourth month ttc:( last month I stopped taking my vitamins as I was getting constipated and I thought it had mucked my cycles up and stopped cm.

But obviously doesnt seem to matter, I will go on them again this month. I was just wondering ladies did any of you go to the doctor about ttc?

I am just wondering since this is the fourth month and nothing should I get a check up? I seem to be ovulating periods are becoming regular now, would it be worth seeing the doc?

I'm on my fourth month too, and was starting to think somethings wrong with me especially when my best friend (same age as me) got her BFP already when we started trying at the same time....but i think in my case its the BCP still getting out of my system. Were you on BCP?

I went to doctors...I got convinced that i was infertile and that was the end of it but he said to come back when have been trying for a year. A year...I've been enough of a nightmare on just a few months. I might have gone totally mad by then...

we are all mad doll. bwahahahahahahahaha <my version of an evil laugh ;)

Hi girls, looks like I might be leaving this thread before I officially turn 30. It's my birthday tomorrow.
I had an ultrasound today to check on an ovarian cyst before I met my new gynae but as it turns out I might be pregnant. I guess the acupuncture, chinese herbs, dietary changes and fortnight of bd'ing have worked! If it doesn't work out I'll be back again! But the ultrasound showed a 2mm fluid filled sac in my endometrium, in other words a 4 week pregnancy!

Someone was asking about agnus castus - my herbalist says that it's not a good idea if you are ovulating as it can mess up your cycle when you don't need it.

Hi girls, looks like I might be leaving this thread before I officially turn 30. It's my birthday tomorrow.
... the ultrasound showed a 2mm fluid filled sac in my endometrium, in other words a 4 week pregnancy!

Congrats Fifi-folle, and Happy B-day to you tomorrow! What a lovely present.

Lisa1 sorry about AF.

Lisboncat, were you due to test around the same time as Lisa? Hope the witch stayed away.

I tried the EPO took it from CD1 to OV for first 2 cycles. Got tired of taking all those capsules so I stopped and continued drinking decaf green tea to increase CM. Then found out that green tea can decrease the absorption of folic acid, so I switch to blueberry tea. My gyno prescribed me 5MG of folic acid, anyone else? Seems it's a higher dose, maybe cause I'm over 35?
I'm testing on Friday, eek! Anyone else?

Congratulations Fifi Folle - lovely news and the perfect birthday present.

Angel Dust - thanks it was a relief to know my hormones etc were normal. I'll be glad to get the scan out of the way to put my mind completely at ease.

I've been thinking about charting, herbs, vitamins etc and have decided to take the folic acid/vitamin combo as that has been proved to reduce the chances of Spina Bifida (but doesn't actually help you to conceive) but I'm not going to do anything else. I volunteer at a toy library and I've chatted to some of the mums there and it seems to me that the people who conceived the easiest were the ones that kept things simple and didn't worry about it. I asked one woman if she took ovulation tests and she said she didn't know what they were. As I'm lucky enough to have regular periods I think I'm going to try and chill out about it. (I totally understand that people who don't have regular cycles need more help to understand when OV is happening) CM seems pretty easy to monitor as an indication you are going to OV but I can't be bothered with temping as it just seems to confirm OV has already happened. CM drying up seems to show exactly the same thing without the hassle. I'm not for one minute suggesting people shouldn't do it I'm just saying that at the moment I feel that doing it would stress me out which would probably be counter-productive as I can become quite obsessive. My Mum said something to me the other day which I thought was really interesting - she said she "can't understand why people these days all seem to assume they are going to have problems having babies, in my day everyone assumed they could". I think that in many ways she has a point. I know knowledge is such now that we have more information on conditions that "can" effect fertility but I do wonder whether all this knowledge is a good thing. My cousin found out she had PCOS after she had three children. I sometimes wonder whether she would have conceived so easily if she had know before and was worrying about. Sorry ladies just realised I'm rambling on - just thinking out loud. I'll shut up now!

Best of luck to anyone testing this week. Sending you lot's of :dust:

I'm on my fourth month too, and was starting to think somethings wrong with me especially when my best friend (same age as me) got her BFP already when we started trying at the same time....but i think in my case its the BCP still getting out of my system. Were you on BCP?

I went to doctors...I got convinced that i was infertile and that was the end of it but he said to come back when have been trying for a year. A year...I've been enough of a nightmare on just a few months. I might have gone totally mad by then...

Yeah I have been on birth control for ages!!! I just got a really dark period sorry tmi I have looked online and it seems that it could be my body trying to regulate and clearing itself out yuck!!

So onto another positive month ahead this will be my month I just know it, am going to bd like a madwoman lol.

and be a good girl take my tablets and love my oh lol

I had an ultrasound today to check on an ovarian cyst before I met my new gynae but as it turns out I might be pregnant. I guess the acupuncture, chinese herbs, dietary changes and fortnight of bd'ing have worked! If it doesn't work out I'll be back again! But the ultrasound showed a 2mm fluid filled sac in my endometrium, in other words a 4 week pregnancy!

Someone was asking about agnus castus - my herbalist says that it's not a good idea if you are ovulating as it can mess up your cycle when you don't need it.

Congratulations honey xx sticky babydust for you:baby:

mrsjoe8

I think your completely right to much worrying and not relaxing. I will take a leaf out of your book this month and chill the feck out lol

me - 34 and hubby 35 - Day21 progesterone this month - 51. but af today :(

i'm with lisa and mrsjo!

just realised how obsessed i am! doc told me and hubby just to relax and go for it......hubby just came into my office to find me with 4 tests (they were on sale!) and a new themo stuffed into my mouth...seeing if it worked!!!! he looked at me and said "so we're not relaxing are we?!"

the obseessing has to stop for me!

good luck to all! x

Bear JR lol!!!

A friend of mine has a mother who gives marriage counselling etc and apparently she says that if she could do intensive therapy with couples TTC she thinks she would have a higher success rate than IVF. Not because there is necessarily anything wrong with peoples relationships it's more to do with the stress involved in TTC (usually mostly on the woman's part) and the need to get people relaxed and singing from the same hymn sheet.....

x

How true your friend is. We just need to relax a bit i think!

Sister just emailed me (no one dare tell me these things in person anymone lol) but one of our friends has just fallen. it took 4 years with #1 and she thinks that she only did the BD once this month and is now BFP!

Any way the witch is here now mocking me as i type (LOL) which makes my d21 progesterone tests of 51 a sinking ship! going to eat a box of chocolates to make it all better!

I'm sorry to hear that bear! Bloody :witch: I hope you enjoyed your chocolate's anyway.

My AF will be here this time next week. No chance for me this month because of DH having been in hospital. I volunteer at a playcentre and there were five pregnant women there today. Sometimes it upsets me but it didn't today. I just thought to myself - eventually that will be me. I have been indulging in some pram browsing today though - that's my guilty secret. I can't help but look sometimes, I'm fascinated by pram's as there seems to be so much choice. There are barely two the same at playcentre despite the fact that sometimes we have 50 Mum's. Mum's with older kids have Mclaren buggies and people with two have Phil&Ted's but aside from that there is lot's of variation. The strange thing is when I am out and about all I seem to see is Bugaboo's but only one comes to the Playcentre.

Sprinkling lot's of :dust: over the lovely ladies on this thread

i must admit there does seem to be alot of pregnant women out there today when i went to boots. But sometimes i wonder if they were always there but it's just now that i actually take notice!

thank you for the baby dust.
x

Hi ablacketer see you have a bbt chart, gonna sneak a look at that, I have been having positive opks every month but maybe a bbt will let me know that I am actually ovulating.

Do you find it easy to do? could you give me a quick run down on how you chart and what happens after you o? does the temp go up before and then dip after? sorry I have no idea how it works

Im so sorry, I didnt mean to not answer your question!

Yes Im charting. the worst part about it is that I get up everyday at 630 so on the weekends I have to get up at 630 too so I can temp at the same time everyday. (I just roll over and go back to sleep after lol)

I use my chart in conjunction with the OPK. It alowes me to input when I BD, my mucus, my opk results, the position hardness and openness of my cervix. together It helps me see when I ov.

I dont mind doing it and the site I use only charges 20 for six months (and doesnt auto renew, how awesome is that!:thumbup:) It gives me printouts I can take to my doc with me (helps to tell more accurately when I conceived and if I ov at all)

I def recommend charting. there is a chart stalkers group here, I def recommend reading through the thread! lots of good info for you there.

If I can help you any more please feel free to PM me :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->