Over 30 & still trying for baby #1

Yes AF FINALLY over! Longest ever and kinda painful. Maybe my body is now throwing a fit then going back to normal? Going to try to BD later because maybe we are just missing the window.
You don't use OPKs either right flou? I remember you saying too much pressure and I am thinking the same.

Hilslo so sorry for your losses:( good group of girls here for support! Do you use OPKs or do anything special?

How are you feeling mrsduck? Little over 5 weeks right now:) so exciting!

Itsawonder you have such a great attitude right now! Rub some of that off on me! I feel like it is hard to relax sometimes. Onto cycle 3 trying for me.

Carybear how are you and what is new?? Hope something good!!

How are you highhopes? Hope you are enjoying your trip

Where is everyone is their cycle? I will remember this eventually!

Hi Leslie and folks! I really do feel like I fit in with you ladies. We all seem to be at a similar stage in life and understand the need to get going!!! I feel lucky to have found you. xx

Carybear you need to update us, did you get a bfp or did the witch get you?

I love opks I tend to do one each day from cd 10 when I get home from work until it goes positive :)

You all need tickers showing where you are in your cycles, my memory is useless :wacko:

I think this is going to be a very lucky thread with lots of rainbow bfps :)

Yup I'm 5 and a half weeks, I can't wait to get my scan date, I'm feeling really sicky each day but thankfully I still haven't actually been sick :sick:

Carybear you need to update us, did you get a bfp or did the witch get you?

I love opks I tend to do one each day from cd 10 when I get home from work until it goes positive :)

You all need tickers showing where you are in your cycles, my memory is useless :wacko:

I think this is going to be a very lucky thread with lots of rainbow bfps :)

Yup I'm 5 and a half weeks, I can't wait to get my scan date, I'm feeling really sicky each day but thankfully I still haven't actually been sick :sick:

I just find using opks really stressful. Im lucky in the way my cycle doesn't vary too much so i do know when O is likely. Ive got to know my body well especially since ttc. DH also finds me using opks a bit stressful as i guess he feels the need to perform at a particular time. We just make sure we bd at least every other day during my fertile window and hope that we have caught it. However, lots of couples use them to get pg. I think you have to do what feels comfortable for you. Whatever that is that is probably most likely to enable you to conceive.

Im on cd7 today, about 10 days before O. So just looking for those signs.

Mrs duck glad everything is going well with you and not your not feeling to yucky at the mo.

Carybear let us know how you are getting on. Hoping you have a bfp!

Everyone else i have all my fxd that this will be our month and hopefully see some more bfps on this thread!

Carybear - I am also curious as to how you are doing. Hope all is well.

Mrs. Duck - sorry you feel sickly but kind of glad you do as well (as it is a good sign). I can't wait to see the results of you scan whenever you get it!

Buttrfly - sending positive vibes your way!! :)

Flou - Although I still use OPKs b/c my ovulation dates vary, I have stopped temping and doing all the other stuff. I don't drink any teas, take any supplements etc. It was all too much for me too. I am glad I did it for a bit as I know that I ovulate but am also feel so much better now that I have less to think about.

CD1 for me and I actually feel great. No sadness or frustration but it was only my 1st cycle ttc since my last miscarriage. DH is in a great mood too. I think we have both been cleansed and I wasn't really looking forward to being pregnant with my mom in town this weekend. Instead she and I can drink wine and have fun. Going back to SMEP this month as both times I got pg we were on that plan. Hoping this will be my month!

Flou you are right you've got to do what work for both you and your dh and I'm glad everyone on this thread seems so positive about this cycle, I've got everything crossed for you all. I hope this month gets lots of bfp's :)

I found I knew which day I'd ovulated as I'd get ewcm and be doing my opks and would get my positive my last day of ewcm, the next day I'd have creamy cm. I don't know if that helps anyone, just thought I'd share ;)

Itsawonder enjoy the weekend with your mum and enjoy all the naughty food and drink you won't be able to touch for the next 9 months :)

Mrs duck glad u r doing well and haven't actually been sick. Hope ure scan date comes through quickly.

Glad the rest of u r feeling positive! I don't do any temp charting or opks it anything else - I tried but felt it was getting me down and was just too much pressure. Tbh even bd is tough ATM coz of all the ivf stuff we've been through! DH is really down coz it didnt work this time. Need to get him in the mood which is hard coz I feel the same way he does. Brighton was lovely. So nice to get away for a bit!

I'm glad you had a nice time in Brighton HH, sorry you are going through this, I really hope you get a surprise bfp xxx

AF got me sunday... Right on time... Sorry I didn't update...this one hit me hard

:hugs: carybear. Sorry the :witch: got you. Take it easy and im sure it will be your month soon.

Oh no I'm sorry the witch got you too this month carybear :(

Yeah flou I am with you on feeling too much pressure and DH feeling the same at times even for BDing on certain days. I didnt use OPKs last time so I am going to keep going as I am. If nothing happens by October when I have an annual Gyno appt I am going to talk to her about it.

Thanks for the positive vibes itsawonder!

Highhopes I am also sorry you are going through this :( as I said above DH and I also feel much pressure with BD also. I know we are in a different situation , however.

So sorry about AF carybear :(

Mrsduck when is your first scan? Sorry you are feeling so sick.

CD 9 for me today. Going to BD when I can and go slightly later this month than last. Only issue is that this weekend will be tough because of a wedding and DH's work schedule but what can we do. Because this cycle was 32 days period tracker turned my next cycle to 32 days as well. Not sure what will be at the moment and how many days I should act like my next cycle should be. Last one before that was 28 days. Any thoughts/advice on that?
Also, what do you girls do with avoiding certain foods and medication before TWW and during TWW?

Carybear - so sorry. Hang in there, have a glass of wine and know that you will be trying again shortly.

Buttrfly - My cycles range from about 27-31 days but I have o'd as early as cd11 and as late as cd17 (outside of post m/c cycles). To be safe I just make sure I bd at least a few times during that window.
Re: foods and medication - I hate medication anyway so I stay away from it. If I have bad cramps I will take advil during AF but that's it. Meds stay in your system for a long time. I will drink wine from AF to ovulation but I do notice the months I drink my ovulation is on the later end. (I only have at most 1-2 glasses a night if I have a lot of events to attend. Usually it's one or two glasses per week.) During the tww I eat and drink as if I were pregnant - no sushi, no alcohol, no deli meats etc. I am allergic to a lot of food as well so I never eat junk food, soda etc. My doc recommended lots of greens which I eat anyway - kale being the best.

Still not sure when my scan is, I'm still waiting or my appointment letter to arrive boo

Buttrfly I'm completely different from itsawonder. I think eat and drink whatever you like until you find out that you are pregnant, otherwise you are just adding to the stresses of ttc. But it's up to the individual, do what you think is right. Medication is different, I'd only take paracetamol or other pregnancy safe medication in the tww :)

My cycles are much like yours buttrfly and we bd from cd 10 every other night until I am confident that I have o'd (with opks and change in cm) and its worked or me each time :) but my hubby does think he's got super sperm haha

I eat and drink what i want as i will have to give up stuff for 9 months. In the tww i find i drink less alcohol. Im an asthmatic so i have to take medication but my doc assures me that they are fine to take whilst ttc.

Carybear -sorry the witch found you. Hopefully it's her last visit though!
I temp and use opks as my cycles never do the same thing twice. I find them quite reassuring as at least i know i o and if i didn't i'd never know when to expect af or when to dtd! Hubby quite likes it too - he's fascinated by what's going on in there!
Ooh - just want to get going again. I'm back from holiday on saturday so will be getting my thermometer out again.

Every passing day is one day closer to getting a big bump and baby to take home! x

Hilslo I hope you had a lovely holiday.....now get that thermometer out ;)

Girls I hope you are all gearing up for lots of :sex: I've got everything crossed that September will be a bumper bfp month :)

Im hoping we are all going to get bfps soon too! O should happen at the end of next week. This is month 9 of trying since my mc. It took us 19 months last time to get a bfp, i hope i don't have to wait that long this time! Babydust to everyone!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->