Over 30 & still trying for baby #1

Wow I just made the mistake of looking things up on the Internet because I read the back of my tea box after seeing what you said it's a wonder. My tea has mint leaves but also rose hips, lemon peels and hibiscus. I just read something that says rose hips and hibiscus could lead to miscarriage. I would drink it in the morning when my stomach was upset. I know I can't g backwards and beating myself up about this possibility can't be good but I know I should not be drinking going forward. It is terrible how many things we should not be eating and drinking that are somewhat unknown.

Could you maybe have normal peppermint tea instead. I doubt the herbal tea would do anything but if you think there's a chance and you are worried I would avoid it to prevent the niggling doubt if nothing else!

Afm unfortunately there is no chance it is a new pregnancy. We didn't dtd for 2 weeks after my op and first tested at 2w3d then every few days and it has stayed annoyingly positive.

We don't normally get hcg levels taken in the uk but i hope they will so i can see where i am. Just praying i don't need another op.

I'll let you know what thwy say.

Had lunch with a couple of friends. One has a 6 month old and the other got married in May and wasn't drinking so is no doubt pregnant too as she would normally have one or two. I feel awful. I'm really happy for them but feel so cheated that it never seems to go right for me. I get pregnant then several weeks later end up in surgery. :-(

Sorry, the positive hpt this morning has made me really down today. I'll try to be more positive next week I promise! x

Hilso - No need to be positive if you are not feeling it - although I do hope the feeling comes your way. We are all here b/c we need support for both good and bad days.

Buttrfly - I doubt any harm will come to you for having drank your tea but, I agree, no need to in the future. There are some really great teas out there that are just peppermint.

Back from the hospital. I have a small amount of retained products. Sigh. So sick of this whole process. They gave me some misoprostal to take at home which I've now taken and waiting for it to have an effect.

They've booked me in for another scan on the 23rd to see if it has worked and arrange surgery if not.
They did take bloods but i won't get the results until later this afternoon. She said she's hoping for it to be in the hundreds not thousands. Fingers crossed this works. I can't bear the thought of a 3td surgery this year.

Hislo i hope everything goes to plan and that you can move forward soon. Take care :hugs:

Buttrfly I'm sure you weren't taking it in the quantities for it to cause any problems :hugs:

Hilslo :hugs: so sorry you are having a rough time, I hope the meds work and you don't need surgery. It's so tough when friends announce their pregnancies :hugs: I hope the universe gives you a break and you get your bfp very soon

Oh and no need to be cheery on our account, we are all here for you and each other vent all you need

Hislo I'm so sorry u r going thru this Hun. FC it is all sorted soon x

Thank u for all the support ladies. We have all been through so much, it's good to know u all understand! Until a person goes through mc they really don't know what it is like!

FC for all of us in the TWW xx

I agree, you don't have a care in the world during pregnancy until you've had a mc then you don't stop worrying.

Come on bfp's we need more of you ;)

Got my blood results back and hcg was 169 so I'm feeling encouraged that it is fairly low so hoping to get my bfn by next weekend.

I need some bfps from you ladies in the tww to cheer me up!!!

Hilso - sorry you are going through this but at least you now have an explanation. Hope you get your negative soon!!

Typed this whole thing out that my iPad deleted! Ugh happy Monday morning lol. I will try to post later. Just wanted to say hello and I'm thinking of everyone!

Let's try this again :) thanks girls my mother also talked to me about how silly I was being about the tea. I bought a new one that just has peppermint leaves.

Hilslo I'm so glad they have figure out the issue... Hopefully you will have your negative very soon! I understand about not being positive and no apologies needed. I often feel very negative about the process and can't knock myself into thinking otherwise. I hope it will get easier. Understand also about friends being pregnant. Facebook is another crappy part of this too. I actually just saw a friend that is 24 weeks on Sunday. She did IVF and I know she has some stuff going on but either way very difficult for me though I feel somewhat selfish. She is telling me about all the nervousness she has related to loss ( she has not been through one) and asking me questions. As much as she is trying she doesn't completely get it and it makes it harder to see her. Ok done with vent sorry.

Itsawonder how is this week going for you with all the events?

Tomorrow is possible AF date if my cycle is regular. I am going to take your advice, mrsduck, and test on Friday if AF has still not shown. I have off Friday for a family event later in the day so I can a least deal with it without having to be at work. Anyone else have a test date?

Girls I can't wait for you all to test this cycle :)

Buttrfly yay for getting new tea, it will put your mind at ease.

Im with you all, I had to listen to my ticking clock for 2 years while everyone else around me was getting pregnant and I wasn't allowed to even try as I was getting treatment for thyroid cancer, it was such a hard time

Luckily I slept late the morning after the wedding so I slept through the main event. Basically, I just won't go out in town this week and will stay home Saturday night so I miss the events. However, I am in a much better mood and feeling happy for all the lucky pregnant ladies so I probably could go.

7 dpo and waiting......

Buttrfly - getting down to the wire :) Good luck!

Hi ladies im 10 dpo today. AF is due Sunday so if AF hasn't shown by this time next week i will have tested. Got cramps and clear slimy like cm. Sore bbs but not normally as much as usual. Having a bit of a bad time at the mo. Just feel kind of angry and fed up with the world. Think its just PMS but just feeling low about ttc at the mo. Hope everyone else is doing ok. Lets hope we see some more bfps soon on this thread.

We have all been through so much! It hurts seeing pregnant women and hearing stories about people with their babies but we have to stay strong and positive...it WILL happen for us.

I gave up on testing a couple of years ago coz the bfns were soul-destroying. So I won't be testing until AF is a week late. AF is due on Monday 23rd. No symptoms so far other than a few 'weird' twinges hard to describe!

You are all getting close now, I've got everything crossed for you all :) xx

I'm out :( AF started kinda spotty like but I can tell coming to torture me

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"