Over 30 & still trying for baby #1

I've got everything crossed for you callmeal, when will you find out the results? The fact that your temp is still rising is a positive thing, how many dpo are you now?

Welcome flowerpower, I think we all thought the same ;) we are now a mixture of ladies ttc, some of us are lucky enough to now be pregnant and we have melly who is wtt until the new year. Lots of :dust: to you and I hope you get your bfp very soon

According to FF I'm 13 dpo. I wonder if I had a large bad batch of ICs that were all false positive and I actually o'd 3 days ago. I have definite symptoms, though. Who knows? I'll hear the results of my first beta on Monday.

Callme - good luck!

Flowerpower - welcome and hope your wishes come true soon.

Buttrfly - As of now we are going to wait until delivery to find out the sex. It just seems more exciting. Who knows how we will feel as the months go on though. My big thing is I want gender neutral gifts and if I know the sex I will let it slip to others by mistake

Re: acid reflux - on a normal day I can't take meds b/c most have some sort of milk derivative that I am allergic to. I find the best natural remedy, for all upset stomach issues, is a small handful off fresh cilantro leaves. It's been used for many, many years. Chew it well and swallow. Within 15-40 minutes you should feel fine. When I first read about it it was like a miracle cure for me. I have so many digestive issues and my whole life just had to deal with the pain. Now there is always fresh cilantro in my fridge. (It goes well with lime too.... hahaha.)

Lemon and/or lime in your water will help maintain a healthy Ph level in your digestive tract as well and can prevent acid reflux. Even though it's considered an acid, it is actually alkaline for your body.

Raw tomatoes are also alkaline but become acidic the second you cook them. So, pasta sauce etc can aggravate an upset stomach.

I have tons of nutritional knowledge if you ever have questions. I had no choice but to learn everything I could so I could actually eat w/out pain after every meal, which started when I was a very small child.

Gosh I've missed so much!

Callmeal hope you get a positive soon!

Flou and buttrfly when r u testing?

Itsawonder and mrs duck how are the bumps? I can understand why u dont want a Doppler itsawonder. Mrs duck will u find out if its a boy or girl?

Welcome flowerpower. It is so frustrating isn't it? I'm an ivf person...waiting to start my third cycle in a couple of weeks.

Highhopes have you got a date for your IVF?

Yup I'll be finding out.....I can't wait :)
My bump is quite big now and seems to be growing on a daily basis :)

Just wanted to say a huge thanks to everybody... this has been a tremendously stressful four days... I know I need to wait through the weekend to get any actual answers, but the support and love I've gotten from you all has made it a little bit easier. Still not sure what's going on, but I'll definitely update you!

In other news, this Sunday is my husband's and my first/second wedding anniversary (courthouse secret wedding two years ago, 'social wedding' for family and friends a year ago). Anybody have any cute, cheap ideas that I can execute quickly, aside from :sex:? I've been a little distracted this week and didn't have much of a chance to prepare anything!

Happy anniversary for Sunday callmeal! No easy ideas unfortunately sorry. For my first anniversary I took my hubby to Florence.

My ivf start date is 3/4dec depending upon when AF arrives. Still dtd on the off chance that we get lucky and I don't have to go through it all again! Cd17 today.

Flower power good luck for BFP!

Callmeal fingers crossed for your blood test. Have you tested since then? I am a little late on the anniversary question but usually going out to dinner is a good thing or even cooking a meal together. DH and I love going to th movies so usually that is part of it. Happy anniversary!!

Itsawonder thank you for the acid reflux pointers! Someone told me Zantac is good so I went with that. I am not sure if I could do cilantro and I really don't enjoy the taste :) for the lemon and lime in water can you do like squirts of lemon juice? I would do that as I have that handy. If not when I go out next I will get fresh lemons, I like that taste in water anyway. I don't know why but over the last few months the reflux has gotten terrible. Maybe my diet.
Good for you wanting to wait to hear the sex. I a, so not patient and good with secrets. I always wanted to keep the name secret but knowing me I would blow it.

Yay for IVF start date soon itsawonder! I hope you don't need it though. When would you test this cycle?

Mrsduck so glad your bump is doing so well! December will be here before we know it.

How's it going for you flou?

Hope all is well melly!

:cry::cry::cry:I've tested, all negative. I'm feeling AF on her way and no longer feeling pregnant. I think it was a chemical. Pretty crushed. :cry:

We went to a sushi place last night, it's really hard for me to run into preggos in public still and even harder at the moment. Today we'll lay low and cook. Hopefully I'll get some resolution soon.

Callme - so sorry you are going through this. Nights like that I lay to lay low as well. Hope you are able to enjoy a nice meal in and some relaxation

Buttrfly - I am sure lemon juice is fine. It will have preservatives in it so lemons are better, but it's the next best thing.

Aw callmeal so sorry you are in limbo but I hope you manage to enjoy your anniversary.

Itsawonder some good tips there, thanks

Highhopes I hope you don't need the ivf but I'm glad you'll be starting soon if the horrible witch does arrive

Flou and buttrfly any developments?

I hope everyone else is well :)

Thanks itsawonder I will used lemon juice until I go out then can buy lemons...such a great thing to know :) using Zantac yesterday helped for now but preventatively will do lemons. How are you feeling?

I'm sorry callmeal. No matter what is happening I know it's a bummer. I still have difficulty myself seeing pregnant ladies and newborns etc. hope you feel better and enjoy your anniversary.

Nothing new mrsduck. I was able to get through CD 29 without AF and no sign just yet on CD 30 today. As before though I still can get AF later like on day 33 or 34... At least every day without AF is closer! Getting cramps on and off which I know can be a sign for either but tend to feel out while having cramps!

My cycles have been around 33 days so I'm not really late yet. Don't want to spend money on tests until I am late. If no AF by Friday I will buy tests then take it Saturday which would be CD 36

You need to buy some cheapies off the Internet, then they only cost a few pence each so you don't mind using lots ;)

I can't believe you have the patience to wait almost another week!

I don't think it is good for me emotionally to test over and over so that is one of the reasons why I wait and don't buy the internet cheapies. I would go mad. Hopefully I won't have to worry about that anymore! My first BFP I waited 10 days after AF was late to test

10 days OMG! well I've got everything crossed for you :)

Bloodwork was negative. *Doctor says possibly an early chemical. I have a regular appointment next Tuesday so I can talk about it then. Thanks for all of your support!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->