Over 30 & still trying for baby #1

When do u think u will tell people mrs duck?

GL for the TWW flou and buttrfly got FC for u! Xx

I think I'll be more keen to tell everyone after my 20 week scan :)

Good luck girls :dust:

Hi! I'm new, can I jump aboard?

I'll be 31 on Thanksgiving Day. My husband and I have been TTC for almost a year now, since last December. I have PCOS, so when I came off the pill in December, I didn't get AF until April and then not again... at all. Went for my annual August 27th, and surprise, BFP... unfortunately, I lost a baby and gained an angel at 5 weeks 1 day.

We're cautiously trying again, my new OB put me on Metformin, I got AF 44 days post-MC, and I think I O'd again this month but not SUPER sure... between weird OPKs from the PCOS, plus my temps have been all over the place, and with the time change and insomnia, I really have no idea. My body is tricking me into thinking it's pregnant (sore boobs, needing to pee a bit more than usual, lots of discharge, etc...). Today I got some test results in the mail and apparently I'm also Factor V Leiden, which is a clotting disorder that increases miscarriage risks. I'm feeling hopeful but anxious.

I just need some friendly encouragement for the ride... I've been getting so upset by my friends who get pregnant so easily and carry with no problem, but I love reading your success stories on here. It's easier to know there are some rainbows coming to the earth! Any virtual hugs or hopes?

Morning ladies I hope you all had a nice weekend :)

Hi callmeal welcome to the group, I'm so sorry for your loss and the tough time you are going through at the moment and I hope you don't have to wait too long until your rainbow bfp

Hi callmeal. I'm sorry for your loss and your difficult journey so far. :hugs: I hope you get your rainbow soon. There are lots of lovely ladies here who understand and know how you feel. I'm sure your time will come and i hope it is soon.

Hi callmeal welcome to the group! So sorry for your loss. We have some nice success stories on here and are hoping for more bfps in the coming months.

We are hoping for some more bfp's this month ;)

Thanks for the welcomes and kind words!

I showed weakness this morning and tested at 8 dpo... BFN of course. Fingers crossed that'll change in a couple of days.

Duck, are you thinking about finding out if you're hatching a drake or a hen, or planning to be surprised?

Good luck for testing in a few weeks time callmeal :) oh and I'll definitely be keeping my eyes peeled for bit bits at my next scan :)

How are all you other twwers?

Callme - welcome to the group. Sorry for your loss but I do hope that things turn around for you quickly.

MrsDuck - I don't think I could wait until 20 weeks to tell people. First, I am so small I won't be able to hide things that long and second, I am way too impatient! How are you feeling? (Oh, and I was eating an avocado, looked up and saw that your babe is an avocado. Kinda weird.....) :)

Buttrfly and Flou - how are you holding up?

Highhopes - not too long now! Fingers crossed IVF works this time!

AFM - still no vomiting and thankful for it. My uterus is definitely getting more full and I will have to buy some maternity pants soon as I can't button anything. Luckily it's cold so big sweaters hide my little belly. (I am 5' 1" and usually about 98 lbs so everything shows on me.) Have my 12 week scan and genetic screen on Nov. 22 so 1 1/2 weeks. I feel good about it and am excited to see my little bean again. Getting the Maternal Fetal DNA test so instead of ratios it will give me a positive or negative for genetic abnormalities. Fingers crossed for all negatives!

Itsawonder I'm sure everything will be fine :) yay for no sickness.
In some clothes I look huge and in others you can't really tell I'm pregnant so keeping it quiet is quite easy at the moment.

Itsawonder i hope the testing goes well. I'm sure everything will be fine. Its good to hear you aren't experiencing much sickness.

Mrs duck im glad everything is going well and your bump is growing. Your little one will be here before you know it.

Highopes good luck with IVF. Hopefully you will have a bfp soon!

Buttrfly hows the tww going? I'm having quite a few symptoms: nausea, bloating, sore bbs, increased cm, backache, cramping. Nothing i haven't experienced before with AF. AF is due at the weekend so i will wait to see if she shows before testing.

Flou that sounds amazing. I really think we are due at least one bfp this month on this thread :)

Hi callmeal. I'm sorry for your loss and struggles. Fingers crossed for a BFP soon! Ttc is so frustrating! Where are you in your cycle? I understand about watching others have babies and be pregnant without a problem. I am feeling the same! Facebook is my nightmare often. Out of curiosity, what area do you live in?

Itsawonder yay for 12 week scan coming up! Glad you are feeling well and also having some reassuring symptoms. I would also be inpatient about telling people and couldn't wait until 20 weeks :) I will try to wait 20 weeks for Facebook at least.

Hi flou I'm hanging in there. We are the same CD but because of my cycles not always being on track AF is due between this weekend and sometime next week. If she doesn't show her face I will think about testing next weekend. Your symptoms sound great so I am hoping for you!

Hi mrsduck and highhopes! Glad all is well with everyone. do you have a scan coming up mrsduck?
How are you melly?

Oooh I'm excited as its coming up to testing time for you all again :dust:

I've got a maternity appointment on Wednesday but not sure if they are scanning me or not but I've definitely got a scan booked for 10th December :)

Hi, Leslie, thanks for the welcome! I live in upstate NY, outside of Albany, what about you?

I'm 9 dpo today... my cycles have been crazy my whole life (if I get my period this month, it will be the only time I have ever gotten it twice in a row not being on birth control!), but last cycle my LP was 11-12 days... I'm probably going to keep testing until I get a BFP or AF comes, during my MC I tested on 8 dpo and it was neg and didn't get tested again until 12 dpo at the doctors, when it was a positive.

FXed for the next few days, I'll be a little disappointed with the witch but still feeling better that my cycles are regulating. Metformin has been a miracle for me so far... I think it'll be the key to my BFP!

What a coincidence callmeal...I live about 2 hrs from that area in the Hudson valley.
Glad that you found metformin and it works for you! I don't track ovulation because it is too stressful but you seem to be around the same CD as flou and I.

Yay for appt mrsduck! Maybe you can talk them into a scan ;)

That's crazy, Leslie... we'll have to meet up when we both get our bumps FXed!

So I tested on a wondfo Internet strip this morning when I got up at 3 am to potty (also unusual for me, the first sign I had with my MC)... Negative at first, but positive (very faint) when I woke up for real and looked at the strip again at 5:15. Tested again then, same thing... Not positive within the window, but positive 25 min later (also faint). Two evap lines in a row or a very early positive?? I'm 10 dpo, I'll test again tomorrow with a FRER. Any success stories of positives past the window that turn out to be the real deal?? I'm trying not to get my hopes up, but it's so hard!

CallMe - I used an internet test at 10dpo and forgot about it. 2 hours later it was very, very faint. Took a FRER on 12dpo and that was a very strong positive (the picture is somewhere in here from early or mid Sept.). The internet tests took a while to get darker - only took a few but they were between 10dpo and 18 dpo. Around 14dpo the internet test turned faintly positive within 5 minutes and the 18dpo test was dark.

Good luck!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"